• 2031 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4610 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How many WPM (Words per minute) Can you guys get?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Overstuffed, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Just for this thread, I went back to an old website I used to practice on which was a typing race website. Without even warm-up, I hit 145 wpm with 97.5 percent accuracy. I was shocked because I wasn't even trying. People always stare at me when I'm typing during school or call me a keyboard warrior while I'm playing. I always deny it because the last time I checked (which was about a year ago) I was only 110 wpm. Now that I've raced again, I can understand why. 145 WPM on casual typing is ripping it.

Posted Jan 1, 2020
  2. This thread actually made me curious so took an online test and I got 82 WPM. I feel like like if I kept retrying I could probably go higher but I don't care about it that much. I kept making spelling mistakes lmao.

Posted Jan 1, 2020
  3. hand-to-eye coordination.

Posted Jan 1, 2020
    Tilgorn likes this.
  4. With just your pointer fingers?!? You're insane!

Posted Jan 2, 2020
    Tilgorn likes this.
  5. My typing speed is about 70-80 WPM. I remember when I was little I would always type super slow with two fingers haha. I’ve gotten better though. Accuracy is usually around 95%.

Posted Jan 2, 2020
  6. [​IMG]
    If I'm typing aggressively (that sounds off) then I can get around 100 wpm. Otherwise, my wpm is around 85ish.
    While we're on the topic of typing, when you want to capitalize a letter do you use caps lock, shift, or a mixture of both? Personally I use a mixture of both.

Posted Jan 2, 2020
  7. So the rate I actually type is usually around 90-110ish, but it's hard for me to test my actual WPM because a lot of the tests that I have seen have you type a pre-written message, and I've found that I type a lot slower when trying to do this vs. typing what is "in my head" so to speak

Posted Jan 2, 2020
  8. Hey!

My WPM on a PC usually averages from around 85-120 depending on my energy levels and how many typos I make! However, ever since I learned to touch-type (a couple of years ago) it made fast typing a LOT easier. Thank you for this post! :)

Posted Jan 2, 2020
  9. My typing speed is around 75-80 WPM. If I was typing on one of my smaller keyboards I'm used to, I could probably get a little higher. It said I had a 94% accuracy when I took the test. Over time, I think I've gotten faster and faster at typing.

Posted Jan 2, 2020
  10. My WPM is around 75-80 because I still type with just two fingers. I guess I just never learned the correct way.

Posted Jan 2, 2020
  11. about two months ago i remember hitting 80 WPM on a typing test. decided to try the test out again just today and now i just keep getting ~60 :/

also i do this by moving my fingers around and not in a stable position. it’s kinda weird but meh it’s how i do it.

Posted Jan 2, 2020
  12. I played Typeracer for 10 trials and the highest score was 66 WPM.

Posted Jan 2, 2020
  13. havent relly practiced typing that much, just did an online test and got around 50WPM

Posted Jan 2, 2020
  14. Hey,
    I don't usually take WPM tests but after just taking one I got 60 WPM which is not that great when compared to what scores you guys seem to be getting, however considering that I type with my pointer fingers for the most part I'd say that it's not too bad. Although, recently I've been trying to use my other fingers at the same time but after only using my pointer fingers for years, I always get back in to my old habits.

Posted Jan 2, 2020
  15. [​IMG]

My typing speed is most likely a result of the many hours I've spent in front of a keyboard. I agree with others that I've gotten better significantly over time, but around the past year or so, my typing skills remained the same. However, there are some people out there that can type much faster, which I fail to comprehend as maintaining 120 wpm for a minute is already very exhausting for my fingers.

Posted Jan 2, 2020
    Fallen™ likes this.
  16. Forum Ninja Sr.Mod team checks out.

Practice xP. I can go pretty fast myself, but like any other muscle the more you "work it out" (sounds so weird) the faster and better you become. It also depends on your keyboard. Some keyboards are worse/better for typing. Switching between my iMac keyboard and my Razer, I can get a difference of up to 15-20 words per minute, just off of how much work it takes to click a single key on one vs the other, and how tiring it is.

Would it surprise you to know the average person types 40 words per minute? This puts you in a VERY high percentile.

[​IMG]
    If you read the graph, you can see that 120 WPM puts you in the 99th percentile (top 1%).
    Definitely something that I didn't expect when I checked my own speed against it, and very cool.

Best Regards,
    - Fallen

Posted Jan 2, 2020
    AceSJus likes this.
  17. I remember starting 'Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing' in sixth grade, continuing until the first half of ninth grade. Never liked it except for some of the games which kept it interesting. I was always 15-20 words per minute behind whatever goal was set for kids my age. Never used a computer before so it was to be expected at first, but I didn't care to improve at the time. Best I could manage was around 40.

Fast forward a few years to when I join Mineplex and my speed goes up. Mainly because you have to be a fast typer in Death Tag if you don't want to get whacked. Then later on because of getting Trainee, needing to be fast to type that punishment out to minimize the trouble someone is trying to cause (specifically bypass or discrimination). Currently averaging around 110wpm, with short bursts of up to 140 depending on the phrase or sentence. Funny how that works; taking an interest into something makes it much easier to learn and become better at.

Posted Jan 2, 2020
    Fallen™ likes this.
  18. Wow, everyone can type 100+ BPM here... honestly I can only go up to 80ish with good accuracy.

Posted Jan 2, 2020
    Fallen™ likes this.
  19. i thought i was special with like 110 wpm but apparently not :(

Posted Jan 2, 2020
    Not_Gamer and Fallen™ like this.
  20. I just took a typing test and got 101 WPM with 99% accuracy, and I use all my fingers to type. Depending on what kind of computer/laptop I'm on, my typing speed varies. On my other laptop that I use for school, I can usually get higher typing speeds since the keyboard is smaller and easier to navigate

Posted Jan 3, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.