• 574 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11277 Players Online
  • 10703 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How mineplex can fix things

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Brewingcreeper, Jul 7, 2021.

?

Should Mineplex upgrade?

Poll closed Jul 9, 2021.
  1. Yes, please make the server better

96.0%
  2. No, I like having a low player count

4.0%
  1. the only way mineplex is going to last at all at this point is if it can go fully independent on Bedrock and must use Java as a support. Something tells me that probably isn't going to happen.

Also, mineplex could probably buy itself a lot more time if it just bothered to advertise.
    Even a little bit of awareness being spread could work wonders for it. But nope, can bother with that. The owners pretty much just really don't care.

Posted Jul 8, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jul 18, 2021
  2. It's definitely possible to win games. Hackers usually get banned, including alts. The server is also not pay to win. I see a lot of people say this, and it is simply false. People may buy a rank because they play the server a little more than normal. If you have any evidence that the server is pay to win, please show it.

I'm not sure where you got this information from. Outside of Owners, LT, and maybe Devs(I'm not sure on that one though) I don't believe the Staff Management Team has any financial shares in the server.

I would suspect the staff team would disagree with this, as recruiters want staff members to have maturity, and not be "kids", it is more likely they would see that some issues just take time to be fixed.

I agree many of the games with lower player count need to be reviewed by someone. I think Devs decide that, and once the Devs are hired I hope some games can be added/removed.

Posted Jul 8, 2021
    Posted Jul 8, 2021
  4. They won't fix anything even though they can. I read a very detailed post a while ago which proved that mineplex's goal is to just milk the server for as much money as possible until it dies.

Posted Jul 9, 2021
  5. Can you link 8t?

Posted Jul 9, 2021
  6. I think it was a reply to another one of these threads, really sorry but I can't be bothered to look for it at the moment

Posted Jul 9, 2021
  7. O

Posted Jul 9, 2021
  8. You sound like a hypixel player that just goes to the lobbies and says "JOIN HYPIXEL IT IS THE GREATEST" also getting rid of dead games will only make mineplex seem like a robot server that hypixel is. People are in the process of bringing games that are "dead" back to life. you ever heard of communities???

LOL removing games from mineplex would be a lot more than just nostalgia.

also what you say about mineplex picking up trends would only make mineplex more laggy which is basically making more of a mess than if they did nothing from this post.

Posted Jul 10, 2021,
    CatFan105 likes this.
  9. Noice ideas if this all would happen mineplex would have a big player count ;)

Posted Jul 10, 2021
  10. I think they could also solve the whole awareness issue by making their stocks publicly tradable, but then again who would want to invest in a dying Minecraft server. I see a lot of good results if they put more focus on Bedrock and make Java secondary like you said though.

Posted Jul 10, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.

11. Well I mean They should remove dead games for now then bring them back when popularity spikes back up

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 17, 2021
  12. Most "dead" games still have some players who play with friends or communities when games are started. Removing these so called dead games would have no real positive outcomes as it's not like leaving them up costs much extra. I can say personally that if CTF (a rather dead game) was removed, I wouldn't be playing Mineplex until clans resets, as all I'm doing now is grinding Champs achievements.

Posted Jul 17, 2021
    BlazeFire likes this.
  13. Most people don't even know CTF and the individual arcade games still exist! CTF is only joinable by doing /server, no lobby NPC or menu to join from, and the individual arcade games are only accessible by right-clicking the noteblock on the menu (seriously, who here knew you could do that?). But what does it matter if you'll never get a game going? Hope you like going through the entire Mixed Arcade roster just to play one round of Sheep Quest (my favorite game) every HALF HOUR.

How can popularity go up if they aren't around for people to play them?

I was gonna say that, but naturally, someone beat me to the punch. I'm not sure why people even bother making suggestions if they know they're gonna fall on deaf ears. If Mineplex weren't making thousands a year off of Immortal subscriptions, that would be it, belly up. I like to believe the elite staff still have the server's best interest at heart and don't just see it as a cash grab, but this negligence is highly concerning to me that it may be just that...

Count on it

not happening.

(or at least not making much of a difference.)
    I like to dream big when it comes to Mineplex's future but I can't help taking all things into consideration and being practical, even if I don't like it.

Well as moronic as it is, I'm honored to go down with what's been the pride and joy of my Internet life for so long. I'll always cherish standing by their side and will continue to do so until the bitter end.

Posted Jul 18, 2021,
  14. I know that this was probably one of the smaller points you raised, but I did want to point out that there is an NPC for it. It's just under 'Champions', so doing /server isn't the only way.
    I do understand that the merging of games (as seen in Mixed Arcade, Champions etc) does bring confusion to players as many think that their favourite game is gone, but I believe it was done to reduce clutter in the lobby.

Posted Jul 18, 2021
    BlazeFire likes this.

15. This isn't strictly true, you can join champions the normal way, such as through the compass GUI or through the NPC in the lobbies, it takes you to another page which makes you select either Domination or CTF. It's not a very busy game at the moment sadly though, so lobbies tend to be few and far between.

Posted Jul 18, 2021
    BlazeFire likes this.
  16. You forgot the most important factor.
    What is the point in improving the server if no one knows about it.
    You need advertising for those changes and the server in general to reach the players.
    Just updating the server would actually do nothing in particular, maybe a few hundreds of players but that's it.
    And the worst thing about this is that mineplex doesn't advertise

Posted Jul 18, 2021
  17. Yes, please get some advertising in like Japan or something cause Java always goes below 200 at night

Posted Jul 18, 2021
  18. Yeah, it's there. I never clicked past the second menu because it just says "Champions Domination", making it sound like that's the only game, although clicking it actually brings you to a menu for Dominate AND CTF. Not like I'd be clicking it anyways when I'd never get a game started...

Posted Jul 19, 2021
    affinity0 likes this.
  19. More players know about Mineplex than we think, for example, whenever Hypixel is down Mineplex gets an influx of players. As of right now, people treat Mineplex more of a meme than a server they want to play on, and many players simply left when it started getting worse. So, in conclusion, people know of the server - they just know it's not as good/successful as the ones they play on.

I wouldn't advertise Mineplex in its current state - there need to be some major changes, a proper development team, and certain issues resolved before advertising should take place. But that's just my opinion

Posted Jul 19, 2021
  20. for starters they need to get a new server provider asap the server is really laggy

Posted Jul 19, 2021
    Paladise likes this.