• 583 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9021 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How to become a better survival games player (help for players)

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by CartiB, Aug 25, 2019.

1. I have done a little experimenting and so on my favourite game which is survival games. I have recently found out tips that helped me create this guide, so here we go!

1. Gear is not always as important!!!
    Let’s say if you’re in middle and loot chests, always go for weapons over gear no matter what. Players tend to go for gear first so nobody steals it but believe me you need a weapon.

2. Rod is very important

I know not many players even think about choosing a rod but trust me, great at pvp or not the rod is a big help. In order to use a rod you need to master the aim. Rods can help in many situations from slowing a opponent down to gaining pvp advantages. The rod is a great way to counter many kits and great help

3. Learn the kits and know which one is best for you.

Many people use the barbarian kit which in my opinion is the best kit, but kits don’t always matter. You can be using axeman and totally dominating. The trick is to use one kit for a long time and mastering it before switching kits. Personally barbarian is really overpowered due to the swirl along with the two player hitting but keep in mind any kit can be good.

4. Do not go for putting on someone’s gear unless nobody is around.

When you kill someone and they have a nice pair of iron leggings and a diamond helmet, most players can’t resist and want to put it on right away. But remember to prioritize health over anything. Many players make this mistake and it costs them the game.

Final tip is to try to get the drop not by opening first but waiting for a fight or two to happen and then kill the looter or maybe even kill the looter while he is looting the chest. Many players make this mistake and it should really be planned.

Thank you for reading and I’m glad I could teach you a thing or two!!

Posted Aug 25, 2019
    Zirkaah likes this.
  2. Hey buddy!

How nice of you to go ahead and write some tips for Survival Games! Survival Games is the first game I ever played on Mineplex, and it took me so long to master a lot of the techniques you mentioned, and others but all it took was dedication and practise. I use many of the tips you mentioned daily when playing Survival Games, and I have to agree that if you follow at least some of these tips, you will drastically improve your chances of winning!

I would like to add that Aztec Island (and I believe Kokoshi Islands) both have chests at the top of spawn, and going for these is quite smart because they contain the same tier gear as the middle chests (meaning you have the chance of getting iron armour and better loot). Thanks for making this guide, I know it'll help so many people. :)

Posted Aug 25, 2019
    Bossitiveplays and Kyuine like this.
  3. Heyo! I remember a lot of times where the rod has saved me in other gamemodes as I'm learning how to use it more but SG has and always will be my favorite game on mineplex since I have unlocked every kit even the achievement kit. I also think people go for killing sprees right away when in fact you shouldn't as you lose your speed as soon as you hit a player. Other than that overall if you aren't being chased down then your winning chances do go up a lot with these tips. Hope it helps newer players who are just figuring the game out :)

Posted Aug 25, 2019
  4. Yes, the tips above these helps alot! Some of the kits are better than others, in my opinion, the better ones are Barbian, Knight, and the Horseman kit. Hope this helps you in your games!

Posted Aug 25, 2019
  5. Hey there!

I can't express this enough, he's absolutely right. Armour in early game attracts attention to people with weapons, as they can take your armour but you can't take their weapon. Somebody could grab an iron chestplate but you could have taken the sword, I think it's obvious who would win in that fight!

This is a very accurate guide overall. I'm quite experienced in SG, and all of these methods I use to win quickly and efficiently. Great stuff!

4G0

Posted Aug 25, 2019
  6. The only problem I have with pvping is when I drop my sword by pressing 'q' -.-
    This is what happens when you transition from fortnite -> minecraft.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  7. Thank you for posting this! I’m sure it’ll help many people who want to strengthen their game skill for Survival Games.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  8. These are some great tips for survival games. The fishing rod is probably the best item you can get to help pvp and has helped me win matches against decked out people.

The best kit is brawler or knight since it bounces people back and gives you a chance to get more hits.

hope this helped + great post!

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  9. Thanks, this is going to be an incredible help for new players and veterans alike, this is incredibly in-depth but yet so simple. I’d also like to comment on the rod tip, I see way too many new players trying to use the rod and therefore throwing the game. If your new to using rods I recommend going into creative and testing on a villager as it’s hard to get used to using it.

-kzna

Posted Sep 23, 2019
  10. As someone with only one win in this game, that was achieved by having a hacker let me win the game (I swear, I did not ask them to do so), I've always lacked strong tips from others to improve my skills and avoid dying in mid-game. I think your tip to just go for the weapon and collect other items on the go will be a crucial one because I've made the mistake of looting entire chests countless times. The cleaning up strategy for supply drops sounds clever as well.

Thank you for posting!

Posted Sep 24, 2019
  11. Thanks, @CardiB for the useful Survival games tips, I feel like now that I've got this knowledge It'll help me become an even better Survival Games player. Even though I always want to use the rod I do feel like it's tryhard and it does seem a little hard to master. I've only got I think only 1 win on Survival games. I've pretty decent at PVP but I just can't seem to get to the supply drops before the other players. Barbarian is a very good kit but to be honest I prefer the Necromancer kit. I love having minions who attack my foes or maybe the wolf tamer kit where I get a pet dog. I'd love to see more guides from you soon, good job!

Posted Sep 24, 2019