• 702 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 702 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

how to counter sniper

Discussion in 'Super Paintball' started by kmmm, Jul 28, 2020.

?

should sniper be nerfed

1. yes, make it so it cant 1 shot kill

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. yes, make it so the shots move slower

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. no, it shouldnt be nerfed

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  1. i constantly get shot from accross the map by snipers, even if im running and moving left and right. Whats the best way to avoid this, and do you think the sniper needs a nerf? i do

Posted Jul 28, 2020
  2. Hellooo

Snipers can be frustrating to deal with sometimes, especially the very skilled players. What I suggest is continue strafing like you described currently doing, and be more careful with cover. Use structures, pillars, and buildings to you advantage and carefully advance closer to the player for a close-range kill. I don't think sniper should be nerfed, because it is still incredibly hard to hit a moving target when you're using the kit. Players just practice a lot and get better with the kit, similar to how players improve with rifle or shotgun. You just have to find ways to outsmart the snipers and better adapt to the usage of them. Hopefully this helped! Thanks for suggesting :)

Posted Jul 28, 2020
    SylomerIsTaken, kmmm and ItsFree like this.
  3. Yo!

They aren't that annoying to me. That's either because I barely play paintball or I just don't get killed by them. Pie left some good tips but I'll say what I think is the best way to avoid them. Now first it depends on the map. If you're in an open map where there aren't that many high places and it's very easy to scout people, your best option is to attempt to juke the sniper out, which you can do by strafing or moving forward and back multiple times, whatever succeeds more, and if you're using shotgun kit, just go up to the sniper and you win. For the other two kits, the only positive thing you can do is sneak behind them and spray or get to a distance where they don't see you at first then spray.

Moving on to less open maps or maps with higher areas, adding a lot of places to hide, it'll be a bit easier to get the sniper. Using shotgun kit is an easy win for you, as long as you play smart and use the area around you to your advantage, since there are many structures and such. Difficulty will be here for the other two kits though, since they work better at a farther distance. Honestly, if you are able to find the correct angle/distance to get the sniper from, you're all good!

Anyways, thank you for making this thread. Hoping to see some other good, unique tips people may have to go against sniper kits.

Posted Jul 28, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  4. Hey! I would usually deal with that by sprinting away, but even by doing that you can still get hit.

Posted Jul 28, 2020
  5. Use cover

Posted Jul 28, 2020
  6. Hi, I would like to give my feedback on this as a sniper main.

Sniper is a very difficult kit to master, and there are a lot of cons that are paired with the pros of the kit. One of the biggest cons is people coming up from an angle where you cannot see them and just easily kill you. Another con is if you miss your first shot in a close battle situation. Sniper takes a while to become skilled with, and if the map is not in your favor then the chances of you getting multiple kills are lowered. Therefore, I feel like sniper does not need a nerf.

Posted Jul 29, 2020