• 1231 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7388 Players Online
  • 6157 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How To Deal With Toxic Players

Discussion in 'Mineplex Guides' started by Jacob3Jacob4, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Do you ever just play a game with someone, and then when you die they say L or ez? I have many times and let me tell ya, it gets pretty freaking annoying. So here's my guild on how to deal with toxic -snip- players.

1. Pull The Immature card
    If someone roasts you for being bad or says L, you can roast them and say imagine saying L it makes them looks dumb. And if your a lower level, you can easily say that I been playing for only a month or whatever.

2. Leave
    If you losing to a tryhard, you can say gtg and /hub and that way they can't trash talk you anymore and wont feel like you rage quitted. If you rage quit, the person will laugh so hard and I made people rage quit its so funny xD but when it happens to you, never rage quit.

3. No u
    This one is simple yet effective. When the bully starts trash talking just straight up say no u to everything he says. Evauntlly the dude will stop because i mean what are you supposed to counter that with? Whenever you get asked a question, always repond with idk

What not to do!

1. Do Not Bypass The Filter

It will be super tempting to bypass the filter to roast them, but in the end youll get muted and they win. And nothing is worse then them trash talking and unable to respond.

2. Do Not Toggle
    Make sure if your getting rekt but a trash talker do not toggle hacks so youll win. Even tho if feels super good to rekt them and say L, youll might get banned by GWEN.

Solution:
    The simple answer is to block words that are rude, you cant trash talk if someone can say the words, these words should get removed.

Posted Aug 11, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Aug 11, 2020
  2. Hey!

Although this advice can be seen as useful, something I would recommend is to just use the ignore feature, so you don't have to deal with their toxicity/immaturity, if you feel that it needs to be blocked out. I'm not really a fan of "fighting fire with fire", but that's just me!

Posted Aug 11, 2020
  3. As iPod has said, I feel that "fighting fire with fire" is not the best way to go, especially if you're trying to be the bigger person. If you should come across a toxic player, the best thing to do is to ignore the toxicity all together because if you give in and argue back, it feeds their want for attention. They will continue to be toxic towards you and other players. Using /ignore as IPod recommended helps you block out toxicity from players and it is probably the best option to avoid the spread of toxicity.

Posted Aug 11, 2020,
    Last edited Aug 11, 2020
  4. I say how :

Deal with it stop living in your own bubble where everything is nice and flowers.

Posted Aug 11, 2020
    aaawesome likes this.
  5. The best way is not to take it personally and ignore it since you can't really clap back because you will get muted.
    The people troll because they want attention, so, just don't give them that.

Posted Aug 11, 2020
  6. Be the bigger person! The people that start unnecessary issues and make useless remarks are not worth it. So, rather than stooping down to their level, rise above. Ignore!

Posted Aug 11, 2020
    Legend998 likes this.
  7. /ignore or simply ignore

Posted Aug 11, 2020
    aaawesome, Believerc and Polar8 like this.
  8. As @iPod5 said, this looks like you are just starting fire with fire. To put it in other words, you are just going to be arguing back and forth.

Honestly, arguing isn't the best thing to do and /ignore is a thing as players said. Although, this guide could prevent people from breaking the rules to deal with a more toxic player, I still encourage you deal with the situation in a positive manner, by easily doing /ignore or just not replying to the player's messages.

Thank you for trying to prevent others from not getting too mad at toxic players though.

Posted Aug 11, 2020
    RainbowUnicornGM, iPod5 and Paladise like this.
  9. Hey there!

I found this post to be interesting as I do see a lot of people in-game using these techniques. I’ve been on Mineplex for more than five years now and I think that I can say that I’ve seen it all. I’ve come to learn that the best solution to this type of behavior is simple - just ignoring it. Often times if you are being trash-talked (which I understand is no fun) and you just ignore it, the user(s) doing it will eventually just stop or end up moving to the next game.

If the person continues to trash-talk or become border-line offensive, the other option as others have stated, is to use the /ignore (player) command. This will eliminate all of the other user’s chat on your screen and you can then enjoy the rest of your game.

While these two techniques tend to work best, if the person becomes blatantly rude towards you and others in the game (to the point where they are rule-breaking), you may want to find a staff member in-game, report it on the forums, or if you are a Hero+, use the /report mechanism. Then you can also use /ignore (player) so that you can play the rest of your game in peace.

If you choose to defend yourself in chat, you are right not to bypass the chat filter (or toggle hacks to try and get back at them), as this can get you in trouble. Saying “no u” is typically fine, but be careful that you don’t say something that can get you muted.

All in all though, it really does depend on the situation. Thanks for sharing, this was interesting to read!

Posted Aug 11, 2020
    Believerc likes this.
  10. Everybody can use /report

Posted Aug 11, 2020
    aaawesome and iPod5 like this.
  11. You’re right, my bad! I was thinking back to when only certain ranks could use this. Thanks for the correction :).

Posted Aug 11, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  12. if anyone is just toxic towards me i literally don't say anything because i can care less, then i proceed to destroy them when game starts and then they leave.

Posted Aug 11, 2020
    Legend998 likes this.
  13. ive never encountered toxicity on mineplex

Posted Aug 14, 2020
    FluteVegetables and aaawesome like this.
  14. ive never encountered toxicity on mineplex

Posted Aug 14, 2020
  15. Solution: bhop

(jk)

Posted Aug 14, 2020
  16. this is kinda funny. i usually just ignore them until i feel the need to defend myself. then depending on my mood, there are 2 options.

1. try to be reasonable with them

2. lowkey roast them and probably get a warning for general rudeness :/

Posted Aug 14, 2020,
    Last edited Aug 15, 2020
    Legend998 likes this.
  17. ive never encountered toxicity on mineplex

Posted Aug 15, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  18. Or just threaten to report them, and also gwen pretty much sucks. But I haven't seen toxicity much except in lobbies, and champs, and CW (both games to a lesser extent.

Posted Aug 15, 2020
  19. Sometimes toxicity from other players can become very annoying. The best thing to do is to ignore it, find another game lobby, or if they start breaking rules, you can report.

Posted Aug 15, 2020
  20. As a community member, using /ignore is probably the most effective way to deal with toxic people.

Posted Aug 15, 2020
    RainbowUnicornGM and Believerc like this.