• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11389 Players Online
  • 8499 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How to improve Minestrike

Discussion in 'Mine-Strike' started by CruisinLow, May 30, 2020.

?

Do you agree with me?

1. Yes I’d like this

58.3%
  2. No you crazehh

41.7%
  1. Hello, I will be giving a few points on how to improve Minestrike and reasons why!

1) Make team Fire/Molotov/ do no damage to your own team

A good estimate I can give is that in 1 in every 3 games, I experience a team killer. I don’t think I need to explain why this should be changed.

2) Make team Flash Bangs not flash our team.

Every single game, I am getting flashed by my own teammates and this is very annoying. Having 600 wins and 1000 games played, I can tell you this happens to nearly everyone. People also use this to troll and honestly I think it should not flash us. What gets really annoying is that some people flash their own team and throw fire so you don’t know where the fire is coming from.

3) Make Aztec and Seaside less Counter Terrorist (CT) sided.

Don’t worry.. I know that most maps are CT sided but these 2 maps have to be the most CT sided maps ever! 80% chance every time SWAT wins. I would like to see some changes in these two maps where they make them less CT sided. Another entrance could be added which would make it more fair for the terrorist team.

Bonus:

4) Finally, bring back Vertigo

Everybody loved this map and everyone is sad that this map is gone. This map had a unique and different style and that’s what everyone loved. If someone could tell me why this was removed, let me know down below thanks

Posted May 30, 2020
  2. I agree with everything except the flashbangs.

Posted May 30, 2020
  3. Hi there!

I'm not an active MineStrike player but your ideas seem fine to me. Generally, they would seem to improve the quality of the server and thus make players' gaming experiences more pleasant, which is always a priority to Mineplex as well. I'm not personally sure about the technical side here but I'm sure it would be able to be sorted out by the lovely Development team. Thank you for bringing up these ideas!

As for your question about removing Vertigo, I can tell you that the decision was made by the Game Insights team. The team deemed that the map had poor gameplay. While I know the map was different from others, this was a factor that made it difficult for the game system to comply with the map itself. :( It won't most likely be added back until the map is revamped to meet with the current gameplay standards. For future reference, please take a look at the Mineplex Map Statistics guide to get a brief explanation as to why certain maps have been removed.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to let me know! c:

Posted May 30, 2020
    Johnny Welamton and CruisinLow like this.
  4. Thanks for your comment. Please tell me why you disagree with the flash bangs?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 30, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  5. It's just part of the game. If you play csgo you have the same thing you just have to avoid them.

Posted May 31, 2020
  6. Hello, thank for your nice comment. Where can I ask about this?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 31, 2020
    Kisme likes this.
  7. Hi there!

Unfortunately, there is not much you can do apart from waiting for the map to possibly be revamped. However, if you'd like to submit an idea thread regarding this, you can do so here. The Mineplex build team is responsible for revamps. I hope this cleared it up!

Posted Jun 1, 2020
    CruisinLow likes this.
  8. Here is my opinion on these issues:

First off, I have to disagree with the modifications to the Molotov’s and flash bangs. This would move the game further away from Counter-Strike, which the game is designed after. They add another level of complexity and strategy at the higher level, and is unlikely to happen anyway considering the game itself (excluding the maps which are made separately and NOT BY THE DEV TEAM) has not been updated in years. You must be very unlucky or exaggerating how often you get team killed by a Molotov, because from my experience it just doesn't happen that often.

Second, your point about map balance. Both maps are Counter-Strike maps and were designed mostly for 5v5 gameplay, rather than 8v8 or sometimes 10v10. As the one who built Seaside, I do plan to make a small balancing update that will move the CT spawns back, giving terrorists more control over middle. This should more closely resemble the map control that Dust 2 gives terrorists. As for Aztec, I totally agree that the solution is to add more entrances/routes to the map for terrorists to take would help balance it, and there are some solutions for this on the steam workshop such as these:
    https://imgur.com/a/CuVaq0r

As for Vertigo, I have never been on GI, but I can give you a list of issues with the map that I was able to come up with:
    • Layout: While the map was scaled pretty well between the CS version and MS version, it suffered from a lack of balance and strategy was very limited. The map consisted of only a single path to A and B, as well as the infamous ladder room which connected A to T spawn. The map lacked any sort of rotate option for either team other than the ladder room or the two spawns. This was a major issue since despite being a compact map, it took terrorists at LEAST 22 SECONDS to get to B site. As if that alone were enough, two of the three routes in the entire map could be easily held by CT’s because of the fact that the entrances were so small. Furthermore, CT’s could jump off the side of the building straight into the Terrorists spawn within seconds at the beginning of the round, catching them off guard.
    • Clutter & Compactness: While timings between the CS and MS maps were almost perfect from my testing, vertically, the map felt very small and compact. The bottom floor, which was in sections only 5 blocks tall, suffered the most from this. Aside from this, the bombsites, especially bombsite B, were full of clutter. Constantly checking behind cover around B site when either trying to take it as a terrorist or retake it as a counter terrorist was annoying, and it made the map much less fun to play. When combined, these two factors hurt the maps game play a lot.
    • Fall Hazard & Unfair positions around the edges: Unalike any other map in the game, players could, accidentally or intentionally, jump off the edge of the map and kill themselves. While this itself was not a very big issue (IN MY OPINION), it did create a new problem. Players could in some spots hide behind fence around the outside of spots such as CT spawn, which was very annoying for attacking terrorists, and was very frustrating to many. Here are some examples of what I mean: https://imgur.com/a/9JQ5n7K
    For these reasons, GI had to remove the map from the game. Furthermore, it is VERY unlikely that the Mineplex Build Team themselves will revamp the map, considering they haven’t been involved in any of the previous map revamps or any new maps in several years for that matter... however, I have been working on a revamp myself so I thought I would post about it here. It eliminates all of the issues of the old map which should make it more fun to play on:

https://imgur.com/a/oM2frr3

The sky-box is unfinished and the map is still missing some detail, but otherwise is almost done.
    The map does use a few custom models in order to replace the fence that was in its place before.

An additional fix for the game would be to replace the crafting tables and re-texture a different block to replace them, since clicking on them causes a bug with reloading.

That's it. I hope I cleared some stuff up.

Posted Jun 1, 2020
    IHackedJake likes this.
  9. As an avid MineStrike player, I’ll give my thoughts.

1. I completely agree. Team killing is disallowed and allowing for this to continue does more harm than it does good.

2. I’d say no, it’s fine as is. Flashbangs are something you should be looking out for and avoiding (if you can). If you get team flashed, oh well, it is what it is. Most of the time you can avoid it, so being team flashed is not completely your team’s fault. Don’t get me wrong, I get team flashed constantly and am no fan of it, but I don’t see why this should be changed. As someone else said, it’s still apart of CS:GO and my personal belief is that MS should be accurate to the game (Mollys should still receive a change as there is a rule in place that conflicts with this).

3. I’m only going to partially agree here.

Aztec - I see what you mean. While Aztec is my favorite map, I feel like B has major issues. CT has too many boxes to hide behind from too many angles while T is forced to one, maybe two, boxes off site. I do feel like the reason this is okay due to that if you immediately rush, T can make it to B and peek where CT would before they do, just barely. A small adjustment would be nice, but overall I feel Aztec is generally fair. If CT is dominating, T will likely stay in their spawn area, which is still winnable for them. It’s not a great situation, but it tends to work out in my experience.

Seaside - Eh, I’m not sure. I see what you mean, but the map doesn’t scream “CT sided” to me. I can agree with this if someone on CT always rushes mid and scopes, forcing T to one site as it becomes difficult to cross. Other than that, the map seems fairly balanced. Besides being forced to one site on occasion, I haven’t experienced it necessarily being CT sided to an extent that requires a change.

4. I’m going to disagree. Vertigo was a map that I very much disliked and couldn’t fully understand. One thing I disliked about the map was that you had to worry about not falling off, even if that was difficult. That should not be a concern while playing, but rather the goal at hand should be. The gameplay was also odd, being open in places such as T spawn (correct me if I’m wrong, it’s been a while) and closed in places such as middle (at least the pathway to it from T spawn). Overall, I just felt like the gameplay was awkward and not played as intended.

Posted Jun 1, 2020