• 3200 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12474 Players Online
  • 9274 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How to make mineplex #1: UHC

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Atlos, Apr 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Trust me...
    All u have to do is add back a semi functional uhc or speed uhc (one or the other) and y'all good. The evergrowing pvp community needs a game that gives a large high when you win a game. In all the games now you need to get a streak in order to have fun. Give uhc a second chance

Posted Apr 6, 2020
    PhoenixSky, Wiz2K, jabomb and 2 others like this.
  2. Would love a smaller uhc like 20-40 players rather than speed uhc. Speed uhc is just a mini-op bridges from my previous experience in other servers.

Posted Apr 6, 2020
  3. Hey,

In the past, I was a heavy UHC player on Mineplex. The gamemode was simple, fun, and like you said, there was great excitement when winning. It also gave generous rewards (in terms of gems, shards, and exp) when surviving quite long. I agree, the game was great for the pvp community and had a special feel to it, but one thing that was noticeable were the lack of players.
    The UHC player base started to decline and so it sometimes took several hours for a game to start. This was apparent across several gamemodes on Mineplex, which is why many were removed or put into mixed arcade.
    I wish UHC would have a comeback as I too think it would be a great addition for the pvp community, but sadly, I think we would run into the same problem as before.

However, I was thinking about how UHC could be added back, and here's what I thought of:

If the gamemode becomes exclusive to player servers, the community can startup 'hosted' like UHC games. To make it more customizable, players could have access to enable auto-smelt, time bomb, etc. A section could be added here on the forums, as well as in the Discord server advertising who is hosting, the dates and times, and what is enabled. And potentially, a sub-team could be created for staff members to specifically moderate those games.

In my opinion, UHC can have a comback, but if and only if our community shows our want for the gamemode!

Posted Apr 6, 2020
    Wiz2K likes this.
  4. Hey,

I am all in favor of UHC or speed uhc coming back, if it means people were going to support it before they removed the game mode. PvP is what made people play Minecraft for a while, and I would love for it to come back. I just want to make sure that the community of Mineplex will enjoy UHC more than the week it gets released. It will just be a waste of a game if nobody decides to support it after a while. This reminds me of when people wanted Weekend Brawl to come back, but it has the same reasoning with this idea. The only solution I see to adding this is to have either speed uhc be temporary every week, or have weekly hosted UHC events on the weekends. Otherwise, hope I gave good feedback on why UHC wouldn't be an idea for the LT team.

Posted Apr 6, 2020
  5. You could make hosting an immortal perk. :eyes:

Posted Apr 6, 2020
  6. Hey!

Considering the influx of players from current events, I think this could actually be a time when the player base could support a remake of UHC. Additionally, it's grown quite popular these days as a game mode and the demand for it seems to be enough to allow for the game to be brought back. Although production hasn't specifically accepted this idea or stated that they will bring UHC back, the idea has not been denied and to quote Dean the consideration of bringing UHC back is a "maybe." That does not mean they are currently considering bringing this back as a full game mode, however it means it is possible that in the future it could be an idea they pursue.

I wouldn't mind seeing a much shorter, less-involved version of the game to appeal more to Mineplex's audience. There is a large base of players on the server who prefer PvP style games and the removal of gladiator has left them without a place to go, in a sense. Although games like CakeWars and Survival Games may suffice, they don't necessarily provide the feel of a true PvP game. I think there is definitely a need for such a game on the server and considering the popularity of the game mode on other servers I think it would be quite successful.

In short, I think the reintroduction of this game mode is definitely feasible, and something worth considering. I'm sure the community would support the game and get lots of enjoyment out of it if it were to be brought back completely.

Posted Apr 6, 2020
    Wrappingz, Wiz2K and Snowing_ like this.
  7. I like this idea, although Mineplex had Speed UHC I'm pretty sure it still required 80 players to join, which is far too much right now to support this game. At the max it should be like 40-50. Also, to make sure games are getting played and lobbies are filling up, Mineplex should reinstate what they did a long time ago -- hourly UHC games. This way, everyone will be hyped up for it and everyone will know when it starts so there will (hopefully) be enough players to have a full game. I really think this could help boost Mineplex's player count, but what it really comes down to is if they release it in a good way.

Posted Apr 6, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 6, 2020
    Wrappingz and Wiz2K like this.
  8. UHC! UHC! UHC!

Posted Apr 6, 2020
  9. Hey there!

Ultra Hard Core was a popular Mineplex game. It was a mixture of emotions such as excitement, stress, anger, joy, disgust, surprise, anxiety, admiration, and many others which made the game unique. The game itself brought a specific certain player base, meaning that there would only be players who would only hop into the server to rock a game of UHC (including me).

Yes, the game was full of bugs including block lag whatsoever, it was still efficient; The XP it gave was decent compared to how extreme the game was, so if It gets added back the XP should increase. If Mineplex can fix such issues I believe UHC can bring its old and even new players back into the server.

I'll somehow have to disagree with @Line. Yes, the player base was slightly decreasing, but there were always a few games running. What killed the game was the last update it had: UHC speed, UHC solo, UHC solo speed. UHC players didn't like this update, since they all fled to other servers right away. With this being said, only normal UHC should be reintroduced. If the game works, maybe in the future they shall add speed.

Anyways, hopefully Mineplex will listen to this request.

Have a good day,
    Flame

Posted Apr 6, 2020