• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How to really fix the game

Discussion in 'Champions' started by Muils, Jan 13, 2020.

1. So champions is a changed game now and I would say that it's less fun to play than it was about 2 years ago. I would like to talk about the abilities that are a little too good/annoying/broken. This is my opinion however and you are free to disagree. Do I think Mineplex will do anything? No. But I can always hope.

Assassin:
    Clans players won't like me for saying these things but I honestly think the kit needs a total revamp. I don't think that it should be able to out trade brute. On top of that the double invis is broken as it basically gives the player free hits. Smoke bomb is broken as it's free hits and you become invisible so you can use it to run in most situations. Illusion is broken because once again, you become invis and get more free hits. That's not fun to fight. "Ranger is a counter to sin" what if I don't want to play ranger?? I think this is the most unbalanced class (in my opinion of course)

Mage:
    The "broken" abilities for mage I would say are Void and lightning orb. To fix this I just think void should have less health and for lightning orb it should have less range and be capped at a maximum level of 3. I would not say rupture is broken but it's annoying when it is spammed since you can't do much against it.

Ranger:
    I would say ranger only annoying if arrows are spammed. The biggest problem for me is napalm shot because it can destroy you very fast. To fix this I would say to make it less damaging.

Knight:
    Knight is quite easy to use. Hilt smash should be capped at level 3, not 5 as hilt 5 does too much damaging, plus it gives a speed debuff making it an easy combo. I think Knight has a little too much health too.

Brute:
    In my opinion this is the most balanced class and I actually think knight is easier to use. This does not mean brute has some broken abilities though, block toss does kb, a lot of damage, it's a ranged weapon and gets in in your way. Should be made less damaging or have a longer cool down. Takedown helps you get to someone, slows them and does damage I think that needs a balance too.
    I'm fine with bloodlust.

Thanks for reading, I know some of you will disagree and that's fine. Be sure to tell me why

Posted Jan 13, 2020
  2. Half of the skills in the game are bugged. Kinda hard to say where Assassin would be without invis.

Posted Jan 13, 2020
    Xukuwu and Bossitiveplays like this.
  3. Well I'm my opinion assassin should just be removed but I know that will never happen. Without invis it would take more skill to use therefore it would be more balanced. No I do not think this nerf would be too harsh as the class does a lot of melee damage. In ccl players get around with evade recall too which shows it's still possible to use without invis.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 14, 2020
  4. Playing assassin without invis isn't impossible, I have seen many good assassins play evade recall. Im not saying I agree with outright removing both, just that its possible to play without. Removing both abilities may be too big a debuff for many, especially since recall cant be activated while slowed.

Posted Jan 14, 2020
  5. Disagree. Honestly Assassin was in a great spot post-evade nerf and pre-whatever happened to make invis register differently. Something needs to be reverted, that needs to be fixed, then I think assassin will be in an alright spot again. I do think some skills specifically need to be changed, like Combo being overall the best skill all the time.
    Ranger is most certainly not a counter to sin, though. Sin counters ranger immensely. Assassin is generally a very powerful kit, and I think right now it's something literally any average player can pick up and win games with, when it used to be the Genji of Champions - the highest skill ceiling, with the highest learning curve. Good assassin players really shined and I feel like in the current state of the game it's just too easy, but I do feel like only a few skills are causing this.

Void is in no way, shape or form broken. Void is easily countered in its current state by almost every other kit when being played by someone competent. Sure, a good player using void will kill you, but a good player using anything will kill you. Void can be outhit by knight and brute if you're doing well, even in an ice prison if you're moving and using skills. Lightning orb is fine, you barely see people using it and it's pretty well balanced, in my opinion. Rupture is broken, but not in a good way. Rupture was unusable last time I checked due to the lack of rupture particles for you to use tracking it.

Napalm fire should have a timer for it to "set" before doing damage, like a proxy. The damage is fine, as long as you have a chance to escape it. Right now you get hit with the arrow and a handful of the fires hit you instantly.

Knight needs to be a proper defensive kit. Right now, Knight is a powerhouse doing far too much damage for the amount of health and defense it has. Knight is absolutely fine with its current health, however I think the majority of its damaging skills should be nerfed, maybe even an inherent negative damage modifier for all attacks.

Posted Feb 11, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 12, 2020
  6. You are right about most things you said there but one thing about lightning orb is that I only ever see people use it at level 5 or 6 and I can confirm that rupture is broken, many will agree with me on this because there's this one player that spams it a lot and just makes it impossible to escape.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 11, 2020
  7. Idea for a damage nerf on Knights regular attacks is actually a pretty good one. Half the reason it's so strong is that the base damage of all kits before abilities is fairly high, so when you bump up the defenses, even if Knight's abilities aren't amazing, it would still have to be good just by virtue of its ability to out-hit because it can trade so many hits without dying, but also dealing similar damage.

Posted Feb 11, 2020
    Fall likes this.
  8. Void is completely broken

Void can't be outhit by knight or brute and takes way too many hits to kill especially with null blade. The only good counters to void are other overpowered abilities such as hilt 5 veng or illusion, smokebomb and combo attack. Any competent player using void and ice prison will win a 1v1 against a brute 100% of the time

Posted Feb 12, 2020
  9. Yeah, void will 100% defeat any tank kit, especially in an ice prison, unless the player just sucks at hitting people. The only real counter to void mage is assassin because assassin can smoke bomb and illusion to backstab while the mage is slowed in void. Ranger can kill mages from a distance, but if you're trapped in an ice prison with a mage, your toast.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
    wowOK likes this.
  10. Well something needs to be changed then doesn't it because what if I don't want to play sin, what if I don't want to pollute the game with smokebomb?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 12, 2020
    Crash likes this.
  11. Honestly, you should lose a 1v1 in an Ice Prison with a Void Mage who knows how to keep a crosshair on top of a blockman. You should lose that almost every time unless you're Hold Position, in which case you should win every time. Void is currently too tanky, as evidenced by the fact that it (a toggle-able skill) wins hit-trades with Hold Position (a skill with a cooldown that is supposed to leave you quite vulnerably immobile for a considerable amount of time). If it were less tanky such that it lost those 1v1s, it would be in a good spot.

Posted Feb 12, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 14, 2020
    SpitefulNick and Crash like this.
  12. Why can I kill Void Mages with my Life Bonds Mage?

Posted Feb 12, 2020
  13. You memeing in pubs being able to kill someone else who apparently can't aim doesn't indicate how strong or weak Void actually is

Your focus should never be on the results you get, but instead how you get there

Posted Feb 14, 2020
  14. Adding on, I could make old Life Bonds seem viable because I was that much better than everyone else in a CTF lobby. That doesn't mean that the skill wasn't garbage in that state.

Posted Feb 14, 2020
    Crash and matrixyst like this.
  15. void, napalm, illusb and hilt can go to hell so i agree

Posted Feb 14, 2020
  16. I like void because its on mage and counters tryhards

Sadly it’s a team game so more ppl come to ruin my day

*COUGH* assassin

Posted Feb 19, 2020 at 12:52 PM