• 654 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2738 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How to Reduce Lag

Discussion in 'Help' started by Every1is_awesome, Jul 26, 2019.

1. The past week or so I have been experiencing some very bad lag. The other players will freeze for a short time and weird things start to happen, like it gets kind of glitchy until it unfreezes. Does anyone know why my lag may be extra bad, and any possible solutions to fix it? Thank you so much everyone! :)

-Every1is_awesome

Posted Jul 26, 2019
  2. Hey!
    I have a couple of suggestions, but I hope you can keep me posted on this situation.

First things first, where are you located? Mineplex is hosted in the US, so your ping may struggle if you don’t live in the US. However, Mineplex does have an EU server if you’re closer to EU or in EU.

If you believe this isn’t connection lag, I recommend Optifine. Optifine helps improve and stabilize your FPS. I also recommend FPS texture packs. I used to use these and found them quite successful.

With that being said, if this is connection lag, there are various solutions.
    > You can connect via Ethernet. I suggest googling this further if this option is suitable.
    > If you can, try to get closer to the router so the connection can stabilize. Being upstairs or in different rooms can soak up connection. For example, mirrors.
    > Close any other background apps or webpages. This makes your connection work much harder and can’t give enough back to the game.

Once again, please keep me posted on this! Have great day/night.

Posted Jul 26, 2019
  3. Adding on to what was said above, there are also more methods. Allocating Ram to your Minecraft in the JVM Arguments Section. You do this by clicking on the Installations Section before launching Minecraft, Clicking on your current Minecraft Version Profile, and selecting more options. Once there, you can input a JVM argument to allocate ram to your Minecraft.

Another option is purchasing an Ethernet Cable since those are more stable than wifi and should help if you have wifi instability, most of these cables are pretty cheap too(CAT). Turning down in-game setting's(Like no particles), setting high priority to Minecraft and make sure your computer is optimized through cleaning out unnecessary apps, and having enough storage.

Optifine was already mentioned and it's definitely a great option that I use too! Other options include: New Hardware, changing lobbies. ISP/Location/Other people using Wifi/Overheating may all be signs and issues of a problem. Good Luck!

Posted Jul 26, 2019
  4. Ehhhh FPS packs depend heavily on hardware capabilities, you’ll really only notice a difference if you have an extremely low-end PC.

Posted Jul 27, 2019
    beahrs likes this.
  5. Hey!
    I agree with you on this. However, I’ve found FPS texture packs help quite some bit. With this being said, there are some that don’t make a difference. I personally used ones that would enlarge the textures of blocks and items. For example, less detail overall.

Posted Jul 27, 2019