• 231 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6457 Players Online
  • 6226 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How To Set an Image / Text As Your Signature To Your Mineplex Forums Profile.

Discussion in 'Mineplex Guides' started by le Brownie, Oct 19, 2021.

?

Did this work out alright for you?

1. Yes, worked fine.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, I had trouble.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hello!

In this thread I will be teaching how to add your very own Signature to your profile! From my experience these can be just a little tricky, but no worries, I have a simple way to do this so that everything should go super smooth. So first of all What is a signature anyways? Basically, here on the Mineplex Forums a Signature is a text, or image, that will be displayed below your posts whenever you make a Comment, whether it's on Threads, or Conversations. However I do not believe that they show up when you make a wall post, No.

Here is an example of what signatures look like whenever you post.

[​IMG]

See that picture below my "Hello!" post with the Moon and clouds? That's a signature, particularly an Image I've created for myself and set as my signature. you will be able to do the same thing with these simple steps!

So with that being said let me teach how to simply add an Image as your signature! First of all, you need to decide whether you want just some Text, or Image, as your signature.

• How to set a Signature.

First step
    , Go to your home page. www.mineplex.com/home/
    Second step, Click the little Profile button, located here. [​IMG] Once you have hit that Little button, it should bring up a Box, or preview of your profile. In that box / preview, click your Username enlisted in Big letters. That should then bring you to your home page!

Third step, once your at your homepage, Click the little Arrow that's located below the "Likes" number on your Banner. That looks like this:

[​IMG]
    Once you've clicked that little arrow, it'll bring up a small box that says, "Profile Options | Edit Profile" Click edit Profile.

Forth Step, Alright so now once you've made it this far, after clicking that edit profile button you should be brought to this page: https://www.mineplex.com/account/personal-details This is used for generally editing your profile, You can change your contact information, Profile picture, Banner, and a lot of other helpful stuff. But what you want to do is look to the left on that page, where it lists All of your options, Scroll down to where there's a button that says "Signature". Click It.

Alright now with all that being said, if you've followed everything correctly, You should be here: https://www.mineplex.com/account/signature

• Text VS Images.

Text.

For adding text as your signature, what you want to do is click into that box you see, and start typing whatever you want as your signature. You can type whatever you want, you can type personal details about yourself, Minecraft information, whatever! Just as long as it's NOT offensive / inappropriate and correctly follows the Rules. Which can be found here: https://www.mineplex.com/rules/

Once you've typed up everything you want as your signature, and if you feel that's what you want as your signature, go ahead and click the Yellow button below the signature box that says "Save Changes". This will save and set whatever you've implemented into the box as your signature. Congrats!

Images

Alright so Images can be a little tricky, but dont worry because Im going to make this easy for you. First of all, I want to show you a thread I've made that can help you with getting images as your Signature. That can be found here: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/fr...ures-i-made-that-you-can-take-and-use.214020/

That thread will tell you by itself how to set the images provided in that thread as your signature, but Im still going to explain it here. In that thread, there are codes listed above those pictures, you want to Copy those codes, go into your Signature box, (in the Profile editing page) and Paste that code into the box. Woah woah, there's 1 important step!

after Pasting that code into the box, you need to go directly behind the "img]" part of the code, and paste a bracket symbol before it. WITH NO SPACES. so that it completes the 2 brackets, like a puzzle piece!

Then, once that's done, you should have a complete code into your signature box, and you're ready to go, go ahead and hit The save changes button.

• Want Your own image?
    Alright so lets say that you don't want those images in the thread I made as your signature, you want something more of your preference. This is quite simple, Just follow these instructions and it should go quite well.

Find an image you want to use as your signature, Right click it, and Hit "Save As". And make sure the image is of the correct pixel ratio requirements, as the Signature section tells you. Then once you've saved that image to your file explorer, there is this free and completely safe website that I've been using, and a ton of other people on the forums, use for posting images. You see, you cant just normally copy and paste an image here on the forums. Mineplex forums images are based off of a thing called BB Code, which is basically a special form of link that is well suited for forums. So how do you get his code? What you want to do is go to this website: imgur.com/upload Don't worry, it's completely safe and free, no sign up, no money, no nothing. Once your there, Go into your file explorer, locate the file of the Saved image you had just saved, and Drag the file into the box, and once it's uploaded, hit the 3 Dots on the image, and hit the "Copy" button on the section of code that says "BB Code".

Then, once you've got the BB code copied for your image, head back to your Signature section here at your profile, and paste the Code into the box. Then hit Save Changes.

You should be good then, if the instructions have been followed correctly the you should have your very own image as your signature! I hope this helped and I wish you a good day.

Posted Oct 19, 2021
    Kindnessaj, coconut and CatFan105 like this.
  2. Nice, very in-depth
    I especially like that you added pictures
    Just wanted to add, yiu can also do it by clicking 'persoank settings' in the home pop-up

Posted Oct 19, 2021
    le Brownie likes this.
  3. Wow, thank you so much, if I ever find an image that I find worthy enough to override my beautiful morse code I'll definitely use this to make it into a signature. Thank you so much for posting this and I'm completely sure that people will absolutely find this helpful, especially because not everyone knows or remembers how to do this and thus they may struggle quite a bit. This is especially true for people who used to go on a forums but then forgot how to do that with their images and thus they struggle a bit trying to fix their signature. This is definitely something that not many people know or remember so the fact you made a guide on it will really help others a lot. Thanks!

Posted Oct 22, 2021
    le Brownie likes this.