• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10699 Players Online
  • 7809 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How to stop closet cheaters

Discussion in 'Clans' started by BraniacAttack, Aug 4, 2020.

1. At this point there is cheaters on every clans servers and it’s hard to report them when they’re closeting. Can’t mineplex just assign 1 mod to every clans server therefore they could be aware of all the cheaters on the server instead the mods are usually in a clan on one server like why can’t you guys spread out because when mods are on most closet cheaters are scared to cheat. I mean it’s a good way to prevent closeters as Gwen gets most blatant cheaters.

Posted Aug 4, 2020
    Cardyceps likes this.
  2. “when mods are on most closet cheaters are scared to cheat.“

This is very inaccurate, closet cheating is called closet cheating for a reason — these players have cheats that typical staff can’t gain enough evidence to punish for. Autoclicking, aim assist at slight numbers, and render hacks usually can’t even be punished for without a self report. Mods simply being there will not (and has proven not to) stop closet cheaters.

Posted Aug 4, 2020
    jacvb likes this.
  3. I’ve talked to a lot of closet cheaters and usually they don’t cheat when a mods on and idc if the cheater turns his settings down cause then I can kill them

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 4, 2020
  4. Mods being there has not been proven to lower hacker rates you just made that up and most mods who play hang out with each other on one server. Which I’m all for as mods should play clans so they can understand it but where are the mods when a dude starts illu glitching or flying at you for legends there all in one clan or on the forums. Maybe we just need more staff

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 4, 2020
  5. Heyyo~

"Closet cheaters" have this name for a reason. As stated above by @Jarif, staff members are usually unable to gather sufficient evidence to punish the player. Usually, the only staff members that can ban for "closet cheating" are QA members or other senior moderators anyway. The solution you are providing isn't needed due to the waste of staff resources since the staff to player ratio is already lower than necessary, especially the senior moderator ratio.

Having a staff member in a lobby would, yes, reduce the chances of a "closet cheater" actually cheating, but the goal isn't to stop them from cheating for a small period of time. The goal is to remove that player who is breaking the rules from the server. Personally, I feel as though Mineplex is already cracking down on this issue since they are preventing the use of VPNs now. However, there is always a way to improve this system, but for now, I just don't think this is the solution for this issue.

For now, the best thing you can do is try to gather evidence yourself and report them are mineplex.com/reports or join communities like ClansRequest or StaffRequest to contact staff members to see if they can handle the situation.

Posted Aug 4, 2020
  6. well then, their clients are terrible if they have to turn down their settings if a mod is there

Posted Aug 4, 2020
    Jarif and ScarletBlood37 like this.
  7. I personally don't agree with this idea. Staff shouldn't be limited to moderating a specific server. It would be much better if they could spread their service across servers to allow them to assist more players. In addition to this, allocating just one staff member per server would not really be effective in removing closeters since people would most likely just cheat when the mod assigned to the clans server is offline.

Also, just 'being aware' of the closeters on servers would not help the general moderation team in removing them from the network. After all, as already stated, closet cheaters are called closet cheaters because it's hard for staff to collect valid evidence on them. In order to punish them, the evidence for closeting offenses would have to go through the QA team, a team that only a few staff members are on. As well as this, they have other priorities such as testing new features, finding and forwarding bugs, and assisting in appeals. If you suspect someone to be closeting you can fill out the closet cheater form, which QA can take a look at in their free time, by clicking this link.

Posted Aug 4, 2020
    Dallarth and ScarletBlood37 like this.
  8. No, this is not what I "made up." Mods being on a server has never truly decreased closet cheating, play a popular clans server and you'll realize this promptly. Most CM moderate the most populated server during SOTW, yet massive closet cheating clans that will not be named here continue to roam free. Do not just assume that someone that disagrees with you is fabricating what they write in order to make themselves sound correct. That will leave you discussing or arguing to yourself.

Posted Aug 4, 2020
    kznny likes this.
  9. Hey please no troll posts, im genuinely hoping this was a troll post ngl

Posted Aug 4, 2020
    Sokiu likes this.
  10. I guess I made this post because I rarely see mods on clans

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 4, 2020
  11. Let me break this down. Firstly you suggest that we add one mod per server. I strongly disagree and doubt that this will help. While a mod may get one or two hackers by just being there, it's better if we just come when we see a StaffRequest. I'd prefer to be on the most active server because that's where most of the problems go down.

Secondly, you claim that a mod being present will frighten the closet cheaters, while yes, some may be scared off when seeing a mod. Most know we can't do much about them hacking.

I am not going to comment on the Gwen part

Posted Aug 4, 2020
  12. I get it - closet cheaters are annoying and frustrating to play against; every Minecraft server will have this issue, not just Mineplex/Clans. Us staff do as much as we can to ensure that these players can be dealt with accordingly, but with limited materials to do such, it's going to always be an endless, uphill battle. While my view on this issue might be slightly different because I am able to directly deal with a larger variety of hacks than other members of the team, I still share the same goals with the entire staff team. There's is a lot to digest with this post, so I want to take the time and address it:

What we need to remember is that staff members are volunteers; we are not paid to help out this server, but we do so because we enjoy doing it. Assigning staff members to moderate specific servers is something I am extremely against; staff will lose interesting in moderating since they're being forced to do something instead of being able to help out where they want to. None of us are going to want to be forced into partaking in a system we don't agree with. I really think this would backfire and cause less staff to moderate than do at the moment.

As lots of people have said above me, this is not true. People "closet" cheat because it is hard to truly determine if they are hacking and issue a punishment in the end. Because of this, most players don't just "turn off" their hacks when a moderator is present. Knowing that a closeter is there will not get them off the network; we still need loads of evidence and possibly even a member of Quality Assurance to issue the final punishment depending on what the hack was.

This pretty much sums up what else I was thinking really well. Focusing on getting the entire team training will, in the long run, be much more benefical than temporarily getting the closeters off the network.

If you do have a closeter that you need to report, please send in the Closet Cheater Link or you can message me if that's easier to do. However, remember that a QA member is not required to respond to this, as it is not our priority on the team; it's something we are able to do if we wish.

Posted Aug 4, 2020
    Im_Ken and Jarif like this.
    • Slander / Harassment
    I don't think you know what you're talking about. When I used to cheat most of the mods literally didn't care, so I didn't either. Back in season 5.5 map one I used 1.0 hitboxes (4.0 reach) 210 degree switch aura at 350 switch delay when mods were ON, and NEVER got banned for kill aura or ANYTHING. I illusion glitched, bhopped + timered in smoke bomb in SHOPs away from Chunch, because they could do it too, and I got banned ONCE. Not even taking into account that the same moderator who banned me -snip- didn't do anything about the Chunch members blatantly doing the SAME thing. Most of the time, moderators can't do anything, and won't do anything. Many of the closeters today literally have staff telling them when they're in danger of being banned, and they log off. The only people who I care about doing this but not the only people I can name is Undefine. Does -snip- know and watch them blatantly cheat? Yes, LMAO. Do I get banned for blacklist evasion when more than obviously many of the cheaters in that clan are also blacklist evading? Sure do. Closeters aren't the problem bro, TRUST me. The moderators are the problem, and there aren't too many Staff I can name that aren't bias for at least one cheater.

So don't complain about the cheaters, Ashton, complain about the mods. I don't understand why you still play clans. Lost Cause, Epic failure.

Posted Aug 5, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Aug 5, 2020
  13. This isn't related to clans but a ton of "tryhards" hack the same was as @kznny does in CW or SW or any game to be exact even saw a team of hackers bhopping, using speed, ka, etc and not get banned.

Posted Aug 5, 2020
    kznny likes this.
  14. Well if the mods knew who cheated. As well as the players that would help. If you had mods on each server that knew what was going on.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 5, 2020
  15. I haven’t played clans in a year just come on here and why did you spend 20 minutes typing this I’m not gonna read it just gonna say we need more mods and that was the point of this post

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 5, 2020
  16. LOL

Posted Aug 6, 2020