• 1576 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11081 Players Online
  • 9505 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How to Win in Cake Wars

Discussion in 'Mineplex Guides' started by Irish_Hunter, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Hello! I am AquaLord56789 (known as Irish Hunter on YouTube)! And here is how I play, and what I believe to be, the ultimate strategy for winning CakeWars Bedrock.

I will be covering both of the versions. Duo, and Squads (Normal). I'll be giving you 2 strategies for 2 play types! Type A is you are connected with 1 or more person in the team and are actively talking, and Type B is anonymous; you have no idea who these guys are.

But first, you have to know what to do.

I'll run you through the basics of the game, how to gather weaponry, and blocks up to Middle Point.

Well, Irish_Hunter? How do I get weapons?
    It's actually insanely simple! Stand over your generator, and it'll generate bricks. Bricks are the basic starting point of the game-- you buy blocks with it, shears, armor, etc. You wait until you get 5 bricks. Walk over to one of the Villagers that says 'Brick Shop' and right-click. A menu comes up, just buy a sword!

Cool! But how do I get diamonds?
    Diamonds are a little trickier to nab. You have to visit an Emerald Point--an Emerald Point is a beacon that generates emeralds back at your island. When you come back to visit your generator, you should get emeralds! Use this to purchase any armor or tools you need. The more Emerald Points, the better!

Sweet, man! But, wait... That guy is enchanted! How do I get that?!
    And now, this is a lot trickier. You have to capture Middle Point--which is exactly like an Emerald Point, but... in the middle. There are not multiple Middle Points to capture. One. Only one shared among every player. You need to grab the Middle Point and come back to your base. Now, Nether Stars should spawn. Maintain Middle Point for long enough until you generate the necessary stars for enchantments.

Duos
    TYPE A: When you're actively chatting in CakeWars Duos, it makes your whole strategy a whole lot easier! Decide who shall be doing what. Whether it be rushing, bridging, building, getting Emerald Points and Middle Point, etc. The main thing you want to aim for are Emerald Points. If you get a lot of these, you should easily get diamond gear and easily grab Middle Point with ease! Ride this way to get full Prot. 1 and Sharp. 1 gear and move out! Necessary gear is diamond enchanted, Polly the TNT Sheep, and a pickaxe with a stack of blocks.
    TYPE B: When you don't know the other person-- you're on your own, basically. Try to communicate through shifts and/or chat. Go to an emerald point, if he's not doing defense, suck it up and do it yourself. After grabbing emerald points, follow my steps above.

Squads
    TYPE A: This will be easy. Grab 16 blocks, go to Middle. Only 2 of you go to middle. 1 goes to one emerald point, the other goes to a second emerald point. Good job, you conquered 3/5 of the map. Wasn't so hard, right? Maintain these points and eventually, you'll have enough resources to storm the whole place to the ground. Follow Duo TYPE A gear.
    TYPE B: This will be harder, but still easy. Bring it upon yourself to go to Middle. This way, you maintain the core of the map. Signal a teammate to come over through chat or shifts so that they can help you out. Make sure you're kitted before battle. Follow Duo TYPE A gear after doing the same steps as Squads TYPE A.

How do you play the game?
    I just go for middle, knock everyone off the bridge who come to attack. Get full diamond or iron before going back to middle. I, personally, then just rush everyone.

Hope you found this useful!

Posted Nov 28, 2020
    Hubble likes this.
  2. This is a great guide for the newer players!

Posted Nov 28, 2020
    Irish_Hunter and OrangeyCob like this.
  3. Hey there! I definitely think that this guide is missing a few things needed to win, as there's more than just these few things that go into winning a Cake Wars game. HOWEVER, Comma.. I appreciate the simplicity of this guide and the broken down playstyles. It's a great simple introduction to Cake Wars and I think that it contains a good general explanation of what each component of the game looks like as well as how to play the game successfully.

Overall, +0.5 from me since this guide hits a lot of strong points but lacks "comeback" type gameplay and what to do in different situations such as "your cake is eaten", "you are the last one alive on your team", "you entire team left the game" or other unique situations that can still result in a victory for the player.

Take Care,
    ~Hubble

Posted Nov 28, 2020
  4. Thank you for the reply! Although with my strategy there is a high chance that the bed will be well defended as I have told people that if no-one else is doing it, then take it upon yourself to defend the bed! I should be more specific, although.

Thanks!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 29, 2020
    Hubble likes this.
  5. Yeah! That was my more targeted demographic ^^

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 29, 2020
  6. Great strategy! This guide would definitely help people get into the game and it explains in detail the points and shop system. Personally, I rather to get less gear and to rush at the start of the game, but again, for those who need a guide, I could definitely see how people would find this useful! Great job, it is very well written!

Posted Nov 29, 2020
    Irish_Hunter likes this.
  7. Yes indeed! this guide is a good contribution and inspiration towards cake wars. The tactics do work, however, make sure you do not fail these attempts towards your gameplay, LOL.

Posted Nov 29, 2020
    Irish_Hunter likes this.
  8. Hello!

This is definitely a great guide for the newer players to Bedrock cake wars! When I was newer to the game I definitely would've loved to see a detailed guide such as the one you made here, giving step by step instructions and different scenarios to play around with when determining the best strategy. I've also done a few of these with one of my friends, so that's awesome to see. I definitely agree with the communication part. Communication will always make teaming with others a lot easier and more effective for success. Overall, great guide! Thanks for creating it!

Posted Nov 29, 2020
    Irish_Hunter and Hubble like this.
  9. The perfect guide for any starting players :)

Posted Nov 30, 2020
    Irish_Hunter likes this.
  10. I could've used this when I first started playing. Great guide!

Posted Nov 30, 2020
    Irish_Hunter likes this.