• 263 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8701 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Hub Delay

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by _Prof_, Sep 16, 2019.

Tags:
?

What do you think?

1. +1

13 vote(s)
    92.9%
  2. -1

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. People accidentally click the clock in the 9th slot of their hotbar and get teleported to the lobby, whether they want to spectate, left right before a game starts, etc. To prevent this from happening again, a 2-second delay should be implemented. From now on, when someone clicks with their clock, they will be teleported back to a lobby in 2 seconds. If it was an accident, they can click with the clock again to cancel the sending.

Posted Sep 16, 2019
  2. Hey!

I really like this idea. Like you said, a lot of people do accidentally click on the clock, when they want to stay in a game for whatever reason and then they are upset. Having a delay from actually going back to the lobby would help all of us who does this. But, do we really need this? The person that left could always go back into the lobby by doing /server (Game)-(Lobby number). So if they do accidentally click the clock, they could always go back into the lobby they left like that. But, a lot of newer players don't know about using /server so this could be a way to help the people who don't know about it. So it is useful in its own way. But I have some ideas to make it better (in my opinion).

Instead of making it a delay of two seconds, it should be like when you click the clock, it shows a warning in chat saying something like "Are you sure you want to leave this lobby?" in a color bold text (Like this). This will let players know that they accidentally clicked the clock and by not clicking it again, it allows them to stay in the lobby. This will last for about 10 seconds and if they don't click it again in 10 seconds then they don't leave the lobby (obviously) but if they do click it in 10 seconds again then they do leave the lobby. I do like your way of doing it to, but maybe a little longer delay if that was the case. Like 5 seconds. Maybe more, maybe less. Overall I love this idea and it would be awesome for everyone if it were to be added. I definitely give this a +1. Thanks for suggesting this idea!

Posted Sep 16, 2019
  3. I definitely agree something should be put in place to prevent accidental lobby switches when they weren't 100% intentional. Especially when in a party a feature like this is essential in order to make sure you're not dragging your party out when other players are still alive or anything like that. I personally haven't accidentally left a game in quite awhile, but I still think this should be developed.

I'm not sure what the best idea would be to implement on our server. So far we have a 2 second delay, or requiring a double click of the clock. Out of these two, I think double clicking would be better as it still allows you to exit the server as quick as possible while also preventing accidental server transfers.

Posted Sep 17, 2019
  4. Hiya!

I’d have to say that I’m totally in agreement with this. I’ve personally mistakenly left the game using the clock when I meant to spectate, and adding something to prevent that from happening most of the time would be great. For example, if you get warped into the game and you’re hand is selected upon the 9th slot, joining the game and clicking can warp you back to the lobby since your hand would still be in the 9th slot. When games end in MPS, the watermelon in the 9th slot doesn’t appear right away (if you’re Co-Host / Host), and I’ve accidentally left countless times.

If players don’t like this feature, it’s be a great to have a toggle on/off in /prefs. Other than that, it shouldn’t be a problem! +1 from me.

~Arjun

Posted Sep 17, 2019
  5. Just adding onto the discussion with some personal experience. I think this would be a solid improvement because when playing a game that contains a resource pack such as Minestrike or Draw My Thing, loading takes up more time, especially on slower systems like mine. Out of the two proposed changes, I am in support of the delay, because there's still a command for direct transfer to lobby, as well as the possible preference option in /prefs.

Posted Sep 17, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  6. Hey mate!

I am definitely all for this idea being implemented! I think all of us have accidentally clicked the clock after dying, joining a game or just waiting in a game lobby. It’s super frustrating, I mean you can just type /server <Lobby Name/Number>, but it’s extra work, and so with a delay like this in place, it would make a lot of players lives easier.

I also agree with the above players that suggested adding this as a /prefs option. I am very happy that you’ve made a post about this today, as this would be such a life saver even though it’s a smaller improvement. Thanks for suggesting this to the community! :)

Posted Sep 17, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  7. Hey,

personally, I have had this happen to me and I just used the command /sv (Server) (Number) I like how ItsFree/Daejoi said it would be better to click the clock twice rather then having a two second delay. Anyways, good idea. Have a nice day.

~jocoe

Posted Sep 17, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 17, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  8. I agree with the delay system because this will give the party host a moment before switching to the lobby. This will prevent them from accidentally clicking the clock on the hotbar or type /lobby in chat. There's a way you can stop the countdown by clicking the cancel button in chat. If a player doesn't like the lobby countdown, they can enable/disable in /prefs.

Overall, that's a great idea you have! +1

Posted Sep 17, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  9. Heyy!

I really like the idea of this! There have been times where I accidentally click the clock in slot 9 when I did not mean to, and I bring not only myself, but my entire party that I was the leader of back to the lobby instead of allowing them to finish off the game (and I felt terrible).

Personally, I think that the idea would be used in more situations than just switching from lobby to lobby. If you are in a game of Cake Wars with 7 other people in your party and you're team gets eliminated, that are still 3/4 other people in the game that are alive and playing. Say you accidentally click the clock. You're entire team would be moved to the lobby, even if you didn't mean to, and I think that this could be a nice way to prevent it.

Overall, I like the idea and would like to see it implemented soon!

Posted Sep 17, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  10. Great idea. I could see this saving a bunch of people who don't want to leave their games. I'd like to see this or the double click like @Jocoe suggested. Regardless +1 if it's not too difficult nice QoL.

Posted Sep 18, 2019
    Jocoe and _Prof_ like this.
  11. I'm surprised, I totally disagree, that never happens with me.

Posted Sep 18, 2019
  12. Great idea, as stated by many others, will definitely prevent any accidental game leaves, and is overall a more efficient system. Definite +1

Posted Sep 19, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  13. It happens to others though. A new feature in /prefs that allows you to disable the 2-second delay when sending you back to a lobby would satisfy both parties.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 20, 2019
    SpitefulNick and Copyy like this.
  14. I do like this idea it's pretty simple and easy to understand as well. I do think instead there should be a double-click feature instead because maybe 2 seconds isn't enough time to notice your mistake. So instead, having a double-click confirmation feature could prove useful in this situation and definitely help a lot of players.

Posted Sep 21, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 21, 2019
    Heaty and _Prof_ like this.
  15. Definitely have to agree with this guy, a double click feature would be better than whatever is being proposed here. It would be a lot easier to implement too.

Posted Sep 21, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  16. It's not like it is really that hard to rejoin the lobby you were just in, but I guess I can see the inconvenience of accidentally leaving. I definitely agree with others above that a double click on the clock would be the best solution instead of just enforcing a delay. Two seconds doesn't seem like a lot of time and players may not even notice in that short period that they've clicked on the clock or have fast enough reflexes to click again. If this exact idea was implemented, I think it would have to be a bit more delayed, maybe 5 seconds. However, be required to double click on the clock would work even better.

Posted Sep 24, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  17. Yo.

I really like this idea. I myself have accidentally switched lobbies when carrying a party and when just playing in general. I think clicking the clock twice in one second should warrant going back to the hub, basing this off of the ideas from the others above. I find it quite tedious to accidentally lobby and I feel like implementing this would decrease the number of accidental hub teleportations.

+1 from me

Posted Sep 24, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  18. Hey there!

Like everyone else I completely agree with this idea. I have seen so many instances of people getting teleported out of games with their parties because they accidentally clicked the clock. I think having a bit of a delay would be quite interesting! I mean after all, there are delays in other things. Whether it's 2 seconds or a few more, I think this idea could be implemented in a great way, and be beneficial to all!

I personally don't have too much else to add, it appears that I'm not the only one who agrees with the idea and finds it useful.

Big +1 from me in terms of this! Last thing I will add though is that I don't know when this kind of thing would be implemented, they have many things to work on and this might mean that although your idea may get approved, it may not be implemented until much later down the line.

But nonetheless, I hope it is accepted, and I can't wait to see where this goes!

From yours lovely,
    Sarah | Luvli

Posted Sep 25, 2019
    _Prof_ and Segwat like this.