• 2252 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4336 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion I don't know what this game would be called. Egg hunt Maybe?

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Alexthom, Oct 20, 2019.

1. I came up with this game idea in the previous thread I made("Minecraft but..."), and I'm Putting it here without the extra challenges. The game works like this:

Game Parts
    -At the waiting island, people can choose from 4 different teams: Blue, Red, Green, Yellow. If someone doesn't choose a team, they get put on a random one.
    -There are different kits that have different abilities, and the default kit is a wooden sword and pickaxe, and leather armor in the team's color.
    -Each base has a crafting table, chest, and furnace.
    -The map they spawn on is fairly small, each team base is about 100-150 blocks apart.
    -People are free to roam through the map, break about every block, build a better base if they want, exc. It's bassically a small survival world, so they can improve their tools and stuff like that.
    -PvP is enabled, but teammates can't attack other teammates.

Main Goal

-Throughout the map, there is 40 eggs hidden . Each team needs to get 10 eggs to their base. The first team that gets 10 eggs wins.

Other Details

-If someone from the Blue team for example goes over to the red team's base and hide behind it and crouch, they can steal some of red's eggs. For every ten seconds that that guy stands there(without getting caught), he gets one of blue's eggs. Blue team does not get notified about their eggs being stolen until the red guy brings it back to his base.
    -If Someone on green is running back to their base with an egg, if somebody on yellow punches them, then The person on yellow now has the egg.

Kits

(I am coming up with these kits right now, except for the default)
    Default: Gives the player a Wooden Sword, a Wooden Pickaxe, a few apples, and Leather Armor matching the player's team color.
    1: Gives the player a Gold Sword, a Stone Pickaxe, and Gold armor.
    2: Gives the player a Stone Sword, an Iron Pickaxe, and Chainmail Armor.
    3: Gives the player an Iron Sword, a Gold Pickaxe, and Iron Armor.
    4: Gives the player a Diamond Sword, a Diamond Pickaxe, and Diamond Armor.
    Super: Gives the player an Enchanted Diamond Sword, an Enchanted Diamond Pickaxe, and Enchanted Diamond Armor.
    Ultra: Gives the player an Enchanted Diamond Sword, an Enchanted Diamond Pickaxe, an Enchanted set of Diamond Armor, and some potions.

Achievements

-In Progress

If anyone wants to add details or give feedback on this idea, please do!

Thanks, Alex

Posted Oct 20, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 20, 2019
  2. If this is going on bedrock, bad idea. People will just make one hit swords and stuff. Java edition is fine though!

Posted Oct 20, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  3. Yeah, I was planning on this being on Java.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 20, 2019
  4. You need to elaborate a lot more on this game. What are all the types of resources teams can get and from where? To make tools, you need wood, not just ores. Give a more in-depth description about the map and where the main components are (eggs, ores, etc), a screenshot of a sample would be best! Does the team that gets 10 eggs first to their base wins, can you salvage more than that? How much do the kits cost and are there any achievements?

The kits are also really unbalanced. Even if they do cost gems, beginners would be at a huge disadvantage because everyone else starts high-tiered gear while they have to work their way up there. I would suggest finding a balance for all kits between their tools, weapons, and armour, no kits should have the exact same gear either.

-1 for now

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Oct 20, 2019
  5. I changed the top a bit, I'll make a demo and take some screenshots, and I'll even out the kits. Thanks!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 20, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  6. Heyo!

I don't think this idea is going to work. In my opinion, it's similar to Sheep Quest (in the fact that you have to collect something and bring it back to your pen) and obviously, as Sheep Quest has been removed I don't think it's going to work. I like the idea and maybe it could be an Easter Event but I don't think it would work out too well as a normal gamemode as it's so similar to Sheep Quest. Maybe it would work on Bedrock but as Phamider said, people will just make one hit swords and abuse it to their advantage. I'll be giving this idea a -1, but thanks for suggesting it, and who knows maybe it could be implemented.

Posted Oct 20, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  7. Here’s some pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I wasn’t sure what pictures you wanted specifically, so if you want specific ones tell me.

Hope that’s what you wanted!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 20, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 20, 2019
  8. Hey, this idea seems kind of cool, like a mix of block hunt and sheep quest, although I don't really see this being implemented in any way as a permanant game. The egg hiding locations would need to be randomized which could result in 10 eggs spawning right in front of the starting place and therefore the game could end very quickly. Not all the hiding places implemented in the map would be able to be utilized with this and it just wouldn't work. As other players said, this could possibly be an easter event game. That would be really cool if it was a huge map with all different eggs being put into random places, but the problem with these types of games, once again, is that it gets repetitive. Due to me wanting to see this as an event game but not a permanent game, i'll be leaving it as a +0.

Posted Oct 21, 2019
  9. Thanks for the feedback, But I never said The eggs needed to be randomized. While Making the map, people could place the eggs in their own hidden places. Also, again because of the feedback, I will try to see if I could find a way to make it non-repetitive, because I agree it would not be repetitive i a way like cake wars or something is repetitive, it would get boring.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 21, 2019
  10. If you were to make it so the build team would have assigned locations for the eggs, players will eventuaply know all the spots and it will just be a sharp, gem, and xp farm. This is why I said that it would need to be randomized.

Posted Oct 21, 2019
  11. Ohhhh

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 21, 2019
  12. Hmmm, this idea sounds pretty interesting. I think it would be a good idea to implement something like this in Easter or something. Having it as an own game would make it boring after playing it some times. As someone above has stated, this game looks like "Sheep Guest", and that game got removed for a reason.

I am up for having this as an Easter game, but not a permanent game. It would simply be too boring after playing it for a while. I'll be giving this a +0.5, because I think it could be a cool temporary game for Easter.

Posted Oct 22, 2019
  13. Alright, I agree with everybody, this would be better for an Easter game. If I sent them this idea, should I do it now or later?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 22, 2019