• 1424 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9862 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

I think we should change Mineplex's regen.

Discussion in 'Combat Games' started by PlaytonGG, Feb 10, 2019.

1. I have played mostly combat games on Mineplex, and I have noticed something that makes a very popular game strategy impossible.

Mineplex's regeneration speed is really slow, so if you fought somebody, you're going to have to cross your fingers somebody doesn't come and finish you off.
    This also limits the idea of offensively playing. Instantly rushing teams/players is very popular in the Minecraft minigames community (i think).

I think Mineplex should make the regen speed faster to make a more quick-witted gameplay style.

Thank you.
    -PlaytonGG

Posted Feb 10, 2019
  2. In which game?

Posted Feb 10, 2019
  3. I feel as if this idea is slightly underdeveloped, as It doesn't take into account how much the player should Regen, neither does it describe what games this could be implemented. So as to decrease confusion, I'm going to be referring to the game cake wars, and a Regen effect similar to regeneration 1. So Let's begin picking it apart.

To begin with, I don't feel like regeneration is all that slow on the network, but I could see the annoyance that can happen when someone "Cleans up" after a battle. It can get a bit annoying if you barely win a battle and you then instantly die to someone whom was waiting for the battle to end. This can mostly sucks when you are trying to capture the center and they end up taking it with minimal effort.

However, I feel like adding in regen at that such speed would cause players to shift to a (Camp -> Kill -> Camp) Sort of playstyle. Considering this sort of play style is fairly boring and would most likely end up In most people simply getting fed up with the game and simply leaving.

Additionally, I don't think adding regen would reduce the chance of a player getting "cleaned up" as most of the time a clean up happens 10 or so seconds after a battle, this would result in a player whom is near death with 1 heart to arrive at 3 hearts ((10s / 2.5[Seconds per regen of regen 1] / 2[1 heart = 2 health points]) points per rather than the normal Regen of 2 hearts, ((10s / 5[Seconds per regen of normal mc] / 2[1 heart = 2 health points]). This Regen wouldn't be enough to keep a person from being cleaned up, as It couldn't effect them quickly enough for them to survive another encounter.

Therefore, I just don't think this is a feasible idea, and Isn't really gonna solve the problem you had laid out. Just don't stop thinking of ideas, I didn't mean for this idea to come out so harsh, but it Did, and I'm sorry for it. But, this is a negative 1 from me, sorry.

Posted Feb 10, 2019
  4. I think he might not realise the server is still running 1.8, iirc 1.13 regen is way faster

Posted Feb 10, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  5. Yeah you eat and boom, full health in a matter of seconds.

Posted Feb 10, 2019
  6. I think the health is fine, I don't know what you mean

Posted Feb 12, 2019
  7. The regeneration system currently used to avoid kill campers. Would you rather have to do with people getting extremely high in kill leaderboards for regeneration?

Honestly, like said above, this is very undeveloped. Regeneration won't help with cleaning up, as the way it works, it's fine. It wouldn't be worth it to risk spawn killing, which could get very annoying and make players rage.

Posted Feb 12, 2019