• 1068 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9506 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion idea for a game... (knockoff)

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Tryoxiss, Jun 6, 2019.

1. DESCRIPTIN
    you move around a small map that grows as the game moves on, at a cute point the map starts crumbling and stops expanding, (platforms at many levels) you get a "grappler" and fight, you have only a KB(knock back) stick, and the map is just a small ring going in, then out, then in, until three only one place left, the platform will move faster as the game progresses

kits may include

KB3, assasin(achieve kit)
    anti KB - get a custom inchoate for anti KB, this prevents some knock back, and keeps you on longer (3000 gems)
    duale KB - KB 2 stick (3000 gems)
    the balance - KB1 and a little anti KB (starter kit)

achieves may include

the happy medium - win 100 games with the balance kit
    pacifist - win a game without citing anyone
    all out knocker - get 500 kills
    what? its a baton! - het 10 kills without locking your opponent off.

total spendable gems: 6000
    ave gems/shards per game BASE (without rank multipliers): 38 Gems, 37Shards

Posted Jun 6, 2019
  2. Hey there!

I am intrigued by this idea. It seems like spleef with a twist, which I can totally get behind! However, although I understood the general idea about it, can you add a little more detail on how the game would actually fully work? How long is each match? How does the grappler work? Just questions like that so I can get a better understanding of the idea and I can give a proper opinion! Thanks a million! :)

Posted Jun 6, 2019
  3. Overall I think this game idea is too simple and I don't understand most of the description you have made. I don't see a reason for the map to get bigger and then crumble after. I also don't understand what you meant when you said: "you get a grappler". Could you elaborate more on what the "grappler" does? I also don't understand the "anti kb" kit. Maybe the kit can give you temporary anti-kb for a short period of time and have a cooldown. Also perhaps a screenshot of a quick sample map cause I can't really understand what you were trying to say.

Posted Jun 6, 2019
  4. Don't get me wrong, I see a lot of potential, However I think you should add more detail. When I had read it, it was pretty plain and simple. Overall I think this could possibly be a good idea!

Posted Jun 6, 2019
  5. The map grows ans crumbles to keep people moveing, the grappler workes by Lclicking a block and you will be swiftly pulled over thare, a game should last an average of 3 minutes, but should be able to last as long as 10, at 10 minutes in the gamw would be decared a tie, i agree its simplistic but can still be fun.

I am adding to this thread with this info because i dint know how to edit a post

Signd

Tryo

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 6, 2019
  6. Heyo!

By looking at this idea I can definitely tell that this game will be similar to one of Mineplex's Nano Games. It's where you have a "grappler," and you have to kill others with your sword. However, in this game the map doesn't crumble but in your game you created the map begins to crumble after a certain point and instead of a sword it's a Knock Back stick. Also, your kit idea of "Anti-KB," should be deleted in my opinion. Players new to the game can mistake you as a hacker and maybe even report you, and there's a slight change you may be falsely banned.

Overall, interesting idea however you got a -1 from me, sorry!

Posted Jun 6, 2019
    Nat likes this.
  7. Resounding to AtruePatato

Anti kb can be in desc, plus staff will know about it being in the gamemode

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 6, 2019
  8. Yes, however, some players might not read the description. Also, the staff may know however, GWEN might detect something suspicious.

Posted Jun 6, 2019
  9. Resounding to AtruePatato

ok, fair enugh, but GWEN can pre programed to no look for anti KB on knockoff, plus the game can have a subtitle saying not to report anti KB

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 6, 2019
  10. Alright, I think you totally misunderstood what I'm trying to say here. The Developers aren't going to re-program GWEN because of one specific game, and no there shouldn't be a subtitle saying not to report Anti-KB because this may encourage players, actually. So, here's the overall idea; Don't add the kit, "Anti-KB."

Posted Jun 6, 2019
  11. There are many other games that include anti-kb type abilities in them. Some examples of this are Colossus, Hold Position and Defensive Stance in the Champions gamemode. Gwen is fully functional and does not false ban for those abilities. Also player reports don't automatically get accepted, a staff member must see proof of them hacking and if a game is released I'm sure they will familiarize themselves with the different kits before banning players.

Posted Jun 6, 2019
  12. Great Idea! However I feel as if this game is too simple as it is. Maybe expand it. Seems like a good nano game, but again there is knockoff in Quick. I feel as if this doesn't fit in.

Very possible this could be another lobby game just like gladiators.

Posted Jun 6, 2019
  13. I agree, howver it would take up more space, and im not talk8ng about fully reprograming GWEN, it will be like 60 LOC, plus, they can do a simple testfor command to see if thare useing antiKB, so AtruePatato, i see your point, but its easy to work around, now unless you have any further segestions for the game DM me to discuss more, ok. Also in not shure what language GWEN is written in but the TF comand would look so something like this

When anti kb dectected:

gamemode=Knockoff

True
    Testfor kit includeing antiKB
    TRUE
    Testfor level
    False
    Warn player
    False
    Warn player

Its that simple testing for a kit with anti kb
    So patato, unless you have any acual segestions for this gamemode take it to DMs please, thank you

Signed
    Tryo

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 7, 2019
  14. To start off, can you please provide an image or describe in quantity, what shape the map stays as and the measurements (in blocks) to it?

The kits are fine, but what weapon does anti-kb have?

How is this possible?

Please clarify

How much do you get for the top 3 placements, or per kill?

Knockoff is very similar to a NANO game and Bacon Brawl (Mixed Arcade), I do not think there is much reason to add this game ti Mineplex as there are already 2 variants of it. Both of those games have the objective of being the last one of the island and knocking other players off.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Jun 7, 2019
  15. Win a game without hitting anyone off us just avoid everyone, wait for your oppont to fall in thare own

Its a baton it seems simple, kill 10 people without them falling off the platform

19S/G per kill, +30G/S for 1st, 20G/S for 2nd and +19G/S for 3rd
    --- Post updated ---
    And ALL weapons have a KB stick, Anti KB kit would orobably be around a level 2 KBS

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 7, 2019