• 633 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9071 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Idea for mixed arcade

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Pumpedpixel, Jul 13, 2019.

?

Should mieplex add tnt run to mixed arcade?

1. yeah that would be cool

80.0%
  2. i dont know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. no the game would be better without it

20.0%
  1. Hello everyone I'm pumped pixel I was playing mixed arcade yesterday and I had an idea for some new minigames. there should be a tnt run where players have bows and they have to shoot the tnt under a player to get them eliminated it would be a cool addition to the game.

Posted Jul 13, 2019
  2. I think they already have a spleef game that's similar.

Posted Jul 13, 2019
  3. @ItWazMe I play on bedrock I don't think the games are the same for both bedrock and java

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 13, 2019
  4. I personally think they should add dragon in mix arcade because of the afk people. But tnt run would be cool.

Posted Jul 13, 2019
  5. That would be cool, but there would have to be a twist to it like cake wars or other games, when making a game like TNT run you would want it so it’s not copping other servers,but I like this idea, TNT run is a lot of fun it would be cool if mineplex added it

Posted Jul 13, 2019
  6. Name it TNT Spleef

Posted Jul 13, 2019
  7. This idea is actually very similar to the game Runner in Mixed Arcade. It consists of multiple layers with blocks falling as players step on them. There is also a version of it in Nano Games called AAAAAA Spleef!, but players are also allowed to destroy blocks. Because there are similar versions of your idea that are already implemented, I don't think it would necessary to add another one.

Posted Jul 13, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  8. This is a cool concept but, I am afraid to alarm you that there are already quite a few games like this on Mineplex! It isn't necessarily where you must shoot under the player's feet but, in Nano Games and Mixed Arcade, there are versions w/ this "Spleef-Like" concept.

Overall I loved the idea but sadly, It would more than likely be a repeat for the other games already implemented!

Posted Jul 13, 2019
  9. I wouldn't mind having a game like TNT run in Mixed Arcade, however, it already exists. There are variations of these games that currently have the game's prime aspect - Runner and AAAAA Spleef. Thus, I don't really think this game should be added. It is a cool idea though.

Posted Jul 13, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  10. Heyo,
    I personally don't dislike your idea, however there's multiple games already implemented like the one you have stated. @AceSJus and @Enunciated gave two great examples that are already added which have a similar concept: Runner and AAAAA Spleef. I strongly agree with the two of them and since there is already games implemented similar to the one you have stated I feel as if it is unnecessary to add.

Posted Jul 14, 2019

11. The player stated that they play on the Bedrock platform and as of now, the PE platform server does not currently have neither Runner nor Spleef.

As for your idea, it wouldn't be the first time Bedrock would have different games than Java does [ex) Java has Bridges but Bedrock doesn't and Bedrock has Mob Arena but Java doesn't, etc.], and I personally like the idea of adding a game to Bedrock that has the same general theme that Spleef/Runner do, but with different aspects. Your dubbed "TNT Spleef" game seems interesting and I do know that on Java, there's a game in NANO inside of the game Quick that's similar to your idea where players have to spleef others into the void using their bow. Maybe to keep it unique to Mineplex, since there could be other servers with a game similar to your suggestion, we could keep it so players still have to bow the floor to eliminate each other, but instead of TNT, it's wool blocks like it is on the Quick minigame?

Additionally, if this were to become implemented, do you have any ideas on what maps would look like or a certain/specific size they would need to be? Also, kits would play a big factor into this. Would there be different kits that players are allowed to unlock, or just a singular kit that gives you a bow and infinite-spawning arrows? Finally, would there just be one layer of blocks players would have to bow to eliminate players or multiple? I'm interested in hearing your response to this!

Posted Jul 14, 2019
    hazeae24 likes this.