• 1779 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3863 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

idk

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by THECOOLDUDE2014, Oct 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Should i quit mineplex because i keep getting false muted and it's not even funny now i apparently said -snip- when i have friends who are jews and i was suppose to correct it to uew for sarcasm

Posted Oct 21, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Oct 22, 2019
  2. Hey buddy. Like any other server out there words or sentences like those are usually prohibited even if you're messing around with some mates or using it as just some harmless sarcasm, you can't blame the staff member or the server for the reason you got punished. Mineplex's rules aren't much different than other servers and if you say stuff like that on other servers I won't mention you will probably be muted theirs also. I strongly suggest that you just stay away from using those words in public chat or PMS. If you really want to say it as sarcasm to your mates maybe just get in a voice call with them where you can't get punished. It's quite unfortunate that you don't want to play Mineplex but I assure you that Mineplex is not much different than other servers when it comes to things that you're not allowed to say or something that might be considered racist. I hope you consider this response and keep playing on Mineplex, all the best :)
    - TheProTroller

Posted Oct 21, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  3. Hey!
    Yeah saying that in front of communities will count as "Racism" and you can be punished for saying anything that includes racism. If you're feeling to get false punishments, you can always tell staff about that and tell them when & why you got punished. Four days ago, I got false warned for "Ghosting" and I contacted Ralfieee about it (a Senior Moderator in Mineplex) and they said it was a false punishment. Trust me, the staff is always happy to help you and if you tell them about being false muted they'll look into it and tell you if it's false or not. Also, the more you break rules the worse it gets trust me, I hope you understand! :)
    If you have any questions you can always PM me and I will be happy to help you!

Posted Oct 21, 2019
  4. Unfortunately it seems as though what you did was in fact punishable, as the staff team/other people would have seen it as Racism/Discrimination. If you believe your punishment was false, you can appeal it here. I strongly recommend reading over the punishment appeal guide beforehand to see how to correctly structure your answers, that can be found here. I wish you the best of luck if you decide to appeal.

Posted Oct 21, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  5. Hey!

A joke or not, anything related to Racism/Discrimination will result in a punishment. What you said, according to the rules at www.mineplex.com/rules is sufficient for a punishment as you are discriminating against Jews (this is stated on the rules page).

This is taken directly from the rules page which you can access with the above link.

[​IMG]

If you have any other reasoning as to why you think your mute should be revoked, you can appeal at www.mineplex.com/appeals (ensure you read the Appeals Guide at the top of the page). I would recommend that you familiarise yourself with the rules so that you know for the future what is and is not tolerated on the server.

If you have any questions, PM me!

Posted Oct 21, 2019
  6. Even if your message was supposed to include sarcasm, people who may be of that religion would be very offended by such statements. As a result, remarks intended to offend a group of people are considered Discrimination/Racism, as AyyNick pointed out above - a severity 3 offense. Having friends that are Jews does not make you exempt from this punishment as they could be offended by the same remark.

If you believe your punishment was false or if you would like another chance, feel free to submit an appeal at mineplex.com/appeals and be sure to read the guide linked at the top of the page. As for quitting the server, I do not think it is a very fair decision on our end because of a correct punishment. However, the decision is yours and you will be missed if you decide to leave.

As your concern has been addressed, I will be locking this thread. Please feel free to message me if you have any further questions.

Thread Locked - Concern Addressed

Posted Oct 22, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.