• 2058 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4637 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

If Minecraft was Realistic

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by _Prof_, Jan 13, 2020.

1. What would alternate in Minecraft if everything was more realistic? Each person who responds will get to add one point. I will start off with an interesting one:

If you fall for more than 50 blocks, you automatically die at that point. You cannot see the bottom and your body will be so scared that the heart just stops, knowing it is going to die. Even if there is water, you are already landing with so much magnitude that the resistance will not match, taking damage due to immense force. You will also fall so deep that there is not enough oxygen in your body left to rise back up.

Posted Jan 13, 2020
    Fallen™, Strafer303, GAM and 3 others like this.
  2. If you run on ice, you'll trip and crack your skull open, thus killing yourself.

Sorry I couldn't go into as much detail as you could, I wanted to pick a funny one and couldn't think of too much I could put in there.

Posted Jan 13, 2020
  3. ouch how depressing is real life xd

Hmm I’ll say characters would have necks, and hands/feet, how weird would that look

Posted Jan 13, 2020
  4. Things wouldn't float in the air lol xD

Posted Jan 13, 2020
    GAM, Jocoe and _Prof_ like this.
  5. If you go to the nether you burn up unless you get some heat resistant suit.

Posted Jan 13, 2020
    GAM, Korben and _Prof_ like this.
  6. You dont sleep for 5 seconds

Posted Jan 14, 2020
  7. If you throw an Ender Pearl, it wouldn't teleport you.

Posted Jan 14, 2020
  8. You can no longer carry tonnes of gold in your pocket.

Posted Jan 14, 2020
  9. Throwing freshly laid eggs doesn't ever create living chicks.

Posted Jan 14, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 15, 2020
  10. You have to drink water every once in a while, eventually you'd get tired of eating or drinking a certain food or drink and had to find something else to eat / drink. You would fall asleep if you didn't sleep enough. You would get depressed if you stayed in the snowy biomes or in the darkness for too long

Posted Jan 14, 2020
    GAM, _Prof_ and Korben like this.
  11. Only one point at a time

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 14, 2020
    GAM and Korben like this.
  12. Oh sorry I got a bit too excited there

Posted Jan 14, 2020
  13. If you walk onto a large patch of soul sand, wherever it may be, you gradually start to sink. You don't know what's happening but you realise it's the real life equivalent of quicksand. It is a painful struggle as you attempt to pull yourself out, but you find that you can't. If you survive, you could possibly end up at a focus of underground routeways that may or may not have a way out.

Posted Jan 14, 2020
  14. Ocelots dont change color when you tame them

(Interesting post idea, I like this)

Posted Jan 14, 2020
    _Prof_, GAM and Korben like this.
  15. Hey!

I’d say that laws would be govern what you do a lot. For example, you can’t overcrowd those chicken pens or animal farms like I’m sure we all did at one point. And fighting wouldn’t be as simple with regulations created by the Geneva Convention. This would likely mean no potions assuming potions are the equivalent of gas in real life. You also probably wouldn’t be able to use a flint and steel if it’s close to a players house.

~Nick

Posted Jan 14, 2020
    Korben and _Prof_ like this.
  16. What about eating raw food? Only raw chicken and rotten flesh give a bit of hunger (not including pufferfish). Poison, nausea, maybe diarrhea added to eating raw food

Posted Jan 15, 2020
  17. Also more realistic sicknesses and debuts like dehydration and diarrhea, to name a few

Posted Jan 15, 2020
    Korben likes this.
  18. Cool thread idea. In Minecraft, it is perfectly safe to stare at the sun as long as you desire, whereas you would risk your vision in real life.

Posted Jan 15, 2020
  19. You’d have to go to the bathroom with no toilets...in full view of any mobs who happen to pass by.

Posted Jan 15, 2020
  20. If you put on a turtle helmet, all you get is a little head protection, no water breathing

Posted Jan 15, 2020