• 4017 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13879 Players Online
  • 9862 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

If you had one suggestion to the server what would it be? Be creative

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by xxRealCheetahxx, Feb 25, 2020.

1. I want to see the most creative suggestions but they have to improve the server.

Posted Feb 25, 2020
  2. Improved transparency on updates, reasons for updates, and decisions made by LT. Nobody said we are meant to know absolutely everything, but there’s been more times than I can count where a decision was made out of the blue with little explanation as to why. For example, the immortal rank.

Posted Feb 25, 2020,
    Last edited Mar 3, 2020
    xUmbreon, Jango_55, mab8400 and 2 others like this.
  3. More attention given to Bedrock; Java evidently is focused on a lot more than Bedrock and I would suggest changing that. Anyway, not really much else I would add!

Posted Feb 25, 2020
  4. More attention to both servers, especially bedrock, Improved transparency on updates, reasons for updates and why decisions should be made, by both staff team and the player base housing the players who play your server. Nobody said that they were meant to know absolutely everything. For example, the notorious immortal rank, or PPC #2, a ripoff of PPC and another way to make money the easy way.

Posted Feb 25, 2020
    Korben (gone) and V3riity like this.
  5. Focus more on advertising and making new games.
    If mineplex made a fun new game, and got a lot of you tubers to play it, it would benefit the server a lot.
    The you tubers don't need to be large ones, mineplex just needs more awareness.

Posted Feb 26, 2020
  6. I definitely agree that Bedrock should get some attention. As it’s mainly what I play, I’d like to see it get a bit more than Java currently is. Java gets constant updates and Bedrock only gets a few. I’d really like to see them focusing more on the Bedrock server, as a lot of people play it. It would be nice to see that happen :)

Posted Feb 26, 2020
  7. While I do see the merit in the ideas on "more games" etc but what people don't take into account is our dev power. We simply don't have enough devs to allocate all of our time to making new games, there are a million things the devs need to also handle such as background maintenance, cosmetics, bug fixes, etc, while they do try their best, there is only so much they can do at once.

As for my idea, I think that mineplex should add a rotation of hub music all the time, having All Star play during the area 51 event was cool! (and im pretty sure there was a song during christmas) but they got annoying fast as it was the same song on repeat, it would be cool if they had a rotation of songs going on in the hubs to keep things fresh as well as give the hub that extra pop. (For those of you who don't know, hub music is togglable in the /prefs menu)

Posted Feb 26, 2020
    oCassi and Korben (gone) like this.
  8. Interesting question. What I would go for, is that the leadership started to communicate better with the community. By leadership, I mean those who are in charge of Development-related work and marketing work. It's known that we don't really know what's going on within the leadership, and I would like to see the people who can actually make a change on the network starting to communicate with the community. They could do this by asking if we would like to see something new, what our thoughts are on new-coming updates, and also inform us about what they're currently working on.

It's great that we have an Ideas Team and all, and even though we can get an idea "processed" it would be nice to know when they'll start to work on it.

However, as most of us have noticed recently, a new rank came out, and there is also a poll in the lobby which allows us to vote for a game to be updated, so hopefully, this means that things are starting to happen!

Interesting and very helpful thread to the developers, thank you for posting it :)

Posted Feb 26, 2020
    mab8400, Korben (gone) and V3riity like this.
  9. Maybe make a new game, so more players will come join. Mineplex could also add new achievement kits to certain games.

Posted Feb 26, 2020
    Korben (gone) likes this.
  10. I believe the strength of Mineplex is the existence of kits in games. If a new game can really make good use of that it will really attract people. However, we should not just simply blame devs for not putting out new games. If we want new ones, we make it happen actively.

While I do see the merit in the ideas on "more games" etc but what people don't take into account is our dev power. We simply don't have enough devs to allocate all of our time to making new games, there are a million things the devs need to also handle such as background maintenance, cosmetics, bug fixes, etc, while they do try their best, there is only so much they can do at once.

Making a fun, intuitive, new game is easier said than done. Balancing kits, designing game mechanics, and many other stuff can really take ages to come together. What we can do for this is to donate opinions of what you like in minigames and try to come up rough ideas of how a new minigame should work. A community is always the strongest asset of a game, a server, whatever that is. That's why we should actively post and discuss at New Game Discussion board. If we do the thinking of a game, we can get a game that will appeal to us, and most importantly, get it faster.

We should not simply demand changes by others. Let's do it ourselves and create a game ourselves.

Posted Feb 27, 2020
    Starx280 and Korben (gone) like this.
  11. Focusing on making already existing games better, giving users more reason to play them is what I want.
    While new games are great in the short term, a more long term approach to updates is slowly trickling in content so there's always something new, even if these updates aren't major.
    From what I've seen, a lot of the community agrees with me on this point, but I'd love to hear your thoughts! Quote me if you have any feedback :).

-flameless

Posted Feb 27, 2020
  12. more efficiency in fixing/recording in game bugs. just logged in to play some SW, can't do anything because I can't get anything from the chests.

Posted Feb 27, 2020
    Korben (gone) likes this.
  13. As stated several times above, I think Bedrock could really use more work, and so could LT communication with the community:
    ^I might also add the recent Bedrock Skyblock release.

On another point,
    ^ I couldn’t have said this better myself.

My addition to this thread would be adding a clean leaderboard display, encompassing all games. This hasn’t been done anywhere and I know it’s been in demand for a while. Leaderboards provide incentive — they attract players and keep them here. If they could switch up the lobby and make this possible, that would be great.

Posted Feb 27, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 27, 2020
    flameless and Korben (gone) like this.
  14. Have mineplex listen to its playerbase more. They just seem to roll out updates with little to no regard of what the playerbase wants. And probably more attention to bedrock (like said above). Probably not going to have more attention to bedrock primarily due to the fact that c++ is difficult to work with and that there are only 2-3 devs

Posted Feb 27, 2020
    V3riity likes this.
  15. Hi,

In my opinion, I feel like the competitive aspect of Mineplex needs some more attention(CCL,BCL, CWCL, etc.) as a good amount of players have continued playing this game because of competitive leagues that were made by Mineplex players. I specifically played for a while because of CCL. We probably need more diverse tournaments to encourage players to actively play on the server. Yet, that is just my suggestion. There are many possible suggestions that could be made to make the server better than it currently is.

-Wiz2K

Posted Feb 28, 2020
  16. Fix proxy issues, fix the constant lag that is server-side and many people I know have also agreed with me on this. Also, make updates that actually patch game glitches and bugs, not release a money grab update that is the "immortal" rank. Again this is just my opinion on what should actually be worked on.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
    Jango_55 and V3riity like this.
  17. Hey,
    I love this thread, It's really interesting to see the community's ideas and opinions on improvements. Not really one suggestion but here's a couple; since I play mostly on bedrock, I would like to see some updates to the current games bedrock has. For instance, in Cakewars, adding an achievement kit would be an interesting addition for changing up the current game. If anything, adding the frosting kit like on java edition would be a intriguing idea for bedrock. However, make it so the kit is hard to get, and make sure it's balanced amongst the other kits. Additionally, adding more items to purchase like potions or other interesting items that might change the game up a little more would be fun. Other than cakewars, adding different game modes, where there's some different aspects to the games like having effects such as jump boost or speed in microbattles or other pvp games, though I'm not sure how many people would play them, so making them more of a seasonal game could be beneficial rather than adding them year-round. Other than changes to the games, I would love to see the forums get more attention from players, especially from the bedrock player base. Hearing new player's ideas on the server might give a really interesting perspective to ideas and improvements. Lastly, I would love to see more holiday themed events and games on bedrock edition! Holiday events and games are really loved things by the community and bringing more of these to bedrock would be a really cool addition! Thanks!

Posted Feb 29, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 29, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.
  18. Get more devs. This would help make the anti cheat better, fix bugs, create new games, and bring people and youtubers to the server.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
    HolyCombo and Mitchy like this.
  19. If you had one suggestion to the server what would it be? Be creative.

More developers for bedrock, more teamwork, a better anti-cheat, bug fixes, before the new stuff, such as games, hub changes and touches, and cosmetics / ranks. Add more subteams and jobs for the bedrock and java community. More staff members and more cooperation between executive head staff managers ( LT ). Let our voice be heard and don't just go with whatever your mindset says. Once we have "bugs" get fixed, then additions should be made. Then the playerbase may increase afterwards, for both platforms.

Posted Mar 1, 2020
  20. Not to be that person, but you literally copied basically word for word on above posts.... I'd suggest reading
    https://www.mineplex.com/threads/po...to-aspiring-trainees.97369/page-2#post-338271

This isn't suppose to come off rude, I just don't really see why you're repeating basically word for word what other people are saying.

Posted Mar 1, 2020
    Xukuwu likes this.