• 295 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3603 Players Online
  • 3308 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

If you love Clans PLEASE read.

Discussion in 'Clans' started by GAM, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Mineplex was not on the brink of collapse. I'm not sure if you know this but immortal has existed since late 2016. It wasn't called immortal until February of this year, but has existed for awhile now. Immortal wasn't introduced to save the server from shutting down, or some made up assumption. Also immortal is not the only thing making Mineplex money, you have to remember there are other ranks. Though Hero, Legend, and Titan, probably aren't making a ton of money, plenty of people buy Eternal. Eternal is still a very popular rank, and I see plenty of people buying it. The other ranks probably aren't making too much compared to Eternal and Immortal, but they are also still making money. Also, you can't forget game amplifiers are also making money.

This on its own would probably be enough to keep Mineplex going, but there is one thing I did not mention, Mineplex Bedrock. Bedrock has 3x times the players Java has, meaning that a lot more people are buying ranks and amplifiers on Bedrock. Also, the Mineplex is constantly making skin packs for the marketplace, so it is also making money from that.

I'm sick of hearing these made up stories about how Mineplex is struggling, and barely has any money. I can't say for sure what Mineplex's financial situation is, but from the evidence I have given, it's unlikely that Mineplex will be shutting down anytime soon. In the future, I advise doing some research before jumping to the conclusion the only thing funding Mineplex is immortal, and I would be very surprised if Mineplex did not have enough money for a clans dev, considering they are currently looking for developers.

Posted Sep 9, 2020
    GAM and Paladise like this.
  2. yo,

I get that you think this may be a story but unfortunately, it's true. With all of Mineplex's dedicated players already having a lifetime rank (Eternal, Titan, etc.) Immortal is one of few ways they still have money to pay the bills. I get that you want to hear the best stories about how Mineplex is doing very well and won't possibly shut down - but you gotta realize reality. Immortal is a great way for income as it's not a lifetime. Dedicated players buy this membership which guarantees Mineplex still gets income. Again, you may just want to hear the best stories but it's reality. One point I can make as to how they are desperately in need of money is the huge sales they are making on the store. Eternal used to be about 100$, but it's been 25$ for the longest time. In case you didn't know, companies put sales on products for 2 reasons. 1. To make their product well known (more purchases) or 2. their company needs money. In this case, it's point 2 meaning Mineplex needs money.

You can argue with me all you want, but I'm certain this is true. Connect the dots. Why has Mineplex removed many games since the popularity in 2016? Money. They need money to keep servers up, and each minigame server needs money to run.

~~

Posted Sep 9, 2020
    Anna-Marie likes this.
  3. Just because Mineplex is trying to make more money with ranks, doesn't mean it's on the brink of collapse. Businesses are always trying to find ways to make more money, weather they are desperate for it or not. And just because Mineplex is having a big sale, doesn't mean it's shutting down soon either. Hypixel also does big sales, and is it going to shut down soon? Just because rank prices are reduced, or a big sale happens, doesn't mean Mineplex is on the brink of collapse, it just means they are trying to get more people to buy ranks.

Do you want to know why Mineplex removed games? It was because they had very few people playing them, not because they were running out of money. If you were the owner of Mineplex, you saw there were some games which almost nobody played, what would you do? I do think that they didn't want to spend money on the servers for those games, but that doesn't mean they were desperate for money, it simply means they didn't want to pay for games that few people were playing.

Also, what about Bedrock? As I said earlier Mineplex Bedrock is still making lots of money, and is getting more new players than Java because it's a featured server. Just because Mineplex is looking for more ways to make and save money, doesn't mean it's on the brink of collapse. Mineplex is a business, and because of that, it is going to look for more ways to get money, no matter what financial position it is in.

Posted Sep 9, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  4. lol, again there's no point of arguing.

1. I get that you are probably an aspiring trainee and want to say everything positive about Mineplex so it looks like you are looking out for Mineplex. This shouldn't be the case. Yes, bedrock has made lots of money for Mineplex and they probably use it for Java if needed, but it's true. Mineplex is trying to make money off of ranks because it was on the brink of collapse. Immortal is here for a reason, the extremely low prices are here for a reason. Yes, games are removed for inactive players most of the time but also because of money. Think about Sheep Quest - it had so many active users in it. I would highly suggest connecting the dots before making false arguments that don't make sense.

2. Think about how Corona has affected real-life businesses. Don't you think that most businesses tried to make as much money as possible by making promotions instead of acting like they are fine? No. That's why so many businesses shut down. The only ones remaining are either the ones that were popular (ex. Apple) but the others did not make it. You can argue with me all you want but you don't have a word from a staff member. I've had many staff tell me that Immortal saved Mineplex, which is why they resigned. They resigned because Mineplex was standing on the tip of a branch, not because it was doing amazing. Before you or any other aspiring trainees ask me who these staff were, I'm not gonna ruin their future opportunities/expose them.

Posted Sep 9, 2020
    Anna-Marie likes this.
  5. @Young_Inventor,
    Although I do disagree with most of your points in a respectful manner, I highly agree with the fact that this is in the past. If we are talking currently, I can completely agree that Mineplex isn't on the brink of collapse or anything like that. All I'm stating is that it would be a very risky move to hire a dedicated developer for one game on Mineplex, even if it's Clans. I love the idea of this happening, I just think it's unlikely.

Please note that I was not trying to be rude or defensive in any way, I completely agree that this was in the past. Right now, yes Mineplex is in a stable condition. I was talking in the past (PPC days). I apologize if I came off a bit aggressive.

~~

Posted Sep 9, 2020
    Young_Inventor and Anna-Marie like this.
  6. I was also too agressive about this, we don't actually know what's going on behind the scenes, and we can't say weather Mineplex is thriving, or on the brink of collapse unless, we had statements from the people who actually know about it. I agree a full time clans dev is risky, I think that a some sort of Jr. Dev type program should return, with proper precautions taken so no code is leaked. This would mean Mineplex doesn't have to pay anyone for development, and somebody gets hands on coding experience. I hope something like this could return, I think we could have a Jr. Dev clans team, which would help maintain it.

Posted Sep 9, 2020
    Anna-Marie and andr3w like this.
  7. I guess thank you for figuring out this fight, please post stuff relevant to Clans on here, but as you said no one knows what’s going on behind the scenes so we can infer, but there is no reason to make accusations which we can’t back up, I think that both of you all made great points.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 9, 2020
  8. Mineplex is a business, money is the only thing that matters. We've seen that clans has been neglected, (no new content for a year, no reset for six months) and can assume that's not going to change. If clans were making money they'd be resting it and focusing on it. As much as people say "clans would thrive if given dev time" it's quite obvious that Mineplex understands that, and doesn't see it as a worthwhile investment.

Posted Sep 9, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  9. We have more than a dozen documents for every aspect of Clans that needs improvement. Our only issue, is development. I pray we get a dedicated developer, but I'm not going to bother elaborating because last time I wrote a collective 2.2k word response with Baloo on a similar thread and there was no direct response or rebuttal.

I guess we just wait patiently for the devs lol

Posted Sep 9, 2020
    GAM, Paladise and Young_Inventor like this.
  10. Jeez... I really hope that we can get a deticated dev one day. As I have said before Clans is not a mini game and must not be treated as one.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 10, 2020
  11. How can you expect for all this to be implemented when Mineplex can't even cough up the dev time to reset the game. I want to be proven wrong here, but it looks like Mineplex doesn't see clans as a worthwhile investment even if the only thing they have to invest is a few minutes to reset the game.

Posted Sep 10, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  12. All I want to know from the leadership team is truthfully what they think about clans. If they think it’s just a bargain on their back, than honestly I don’t know I just want complete truthfulness from the people who have power, and can control dev time.

OP OP
  13. True. Until we get statements from Leadership or Devs (not random mods, CI members, or Flaym) about how successful clans is doing monetarily, when clans will get dev time, and how much will be done with clans in the future the only thing we can assume is that the lack of action will continue.

Posted Sep 10, 2020
  14. shoulda hired mykindos when they had the chance...

Posted Sep 10, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  15. They didn't do that for a reason. They don't see clans as profitable.

Posted Sep 10, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  16. You can't say that Mineplex doesn't care about clans, or doesn't see it profitable, unless you have actual statements from Mineplex higher ups. Clans is not the only game on Mineplex, and dev time is limited. You can't keep saying Mineplex hates Clans, unless you know it for a fact, and not as an assumption.

Posted Sep 10, 2020
  17. While yes, we can't be making too many assumptions, assumptions is all that can be made currently. It's very obvious that Flaym and the CI teams have places they want to go (resets every three months, adding new content, etc) but that's simply not being done. Looking at the patterns (clans has been neglected, a clans dev was not hired when given the chance) it seems clear that Mineplex doesn't see clans as profitable. If kindos was denied for wanting to just code clans, it surely shows that Mineplex doesn't see clans as worthy of it's own dev, and the lack of new content and resets show they don't see it worthy of dev time. It is true that other games need to be developed, but if Mineplex thought clans had the potential to make enough profit they would have hired kindos.

Posted Sep 10, 2020
  18. Just because they don't want to hire a dedicated Clans dev, doesn't mean they don't see clans as profitable. I think Mineplex would rather have a developer that develops all games, opposed to just one. I agree that a Clans dev isn't a bad idea, but Mineplex wants developers who help out with all minigames, not just clans.

Posted Sep 10, 2020
    Paladise and GAM like this.
  19. They clearly don't see clans as profitable enough for it's own dev, if it was, they would have hired one. They also don't see clans as profitable enough to follow the requests of the people they put in charge of it, as a six month map and year long season was clearly not what anyone wanted.

Posted Sep 10, 2020
    Anna-Marie and GAM like this.
    OP OP