• 327 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4027 Players Online
  • 3700 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

If you love Clans PLEASE read.

Discussion in 'Clans' started by GAM, Sep 9, 2020.

1. I love how people are just assuming that kindos got denied solely because of the fact that he wanted to only work on clans. I'm sure there are many other reasons why he didn't get the job.

Posted Sep 17, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  2. You're sure? Because a leadership member told you? There's no real way to tell, and either way, it's very clear that leadership has decided to leave clans to die, no dev time for content given for a year, and no dev time for a map reset given for six months.

Posted Sep 18, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  3. Not many games have received an update either. Nobody told me kindos got denied for a different but nobody told you the reason either. Clans literally got a new admin recently, I'm pretty sure that's already an advantage we have over other games.

Like I said, you guys start judging Mineplex or Clans without actually solid evidence of them not caring. Whether Clans gets updated or not in terms of development does not mean they don't care because no other game except for UHC has received an update lately. It's a network-wide issue, not just Clans.

Posted Sep 18, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  4. 1. As many people have said, clans is not like other games, it needs frequent new content to stay relevant, and at the bare minimum frequent map resets.
    2. I'm just going off of what other's said with kindos, but like I said, doesn't really matter there.
    3. Yes clans does have a new Admin, a new Admin who's been asking for a reset and getting ignored.
    4. While yes, clans shouldn't get special treatment because it's clans, it does need frequent resets to stay alive, and it seems odd for leadership to promote an Admin then blatantly ignore his requests and those of the community.

Posted Sep 18, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  5. 1. I do not disagree with that. I've stated before in multiple other threads that clans as a game mode relies on content updates/fixes in order to stay fresh and alive.
    2. You can't go off of what people say because they have no clue what they're talking about, especially when you use it to talk bad stuff about the network.
    3. He has not been getting ignored, he's just in the queue for development time like he's said a thousand other times before.
    4. Clans actually should get special treatment, in my opinion. It relies on updates and they have to keep maintaining the specific forums section, game-specific lobbies and all its 9 clans servers need some sort of moderation. And like I said before: he's not being ignored, development is just really slow.

Additionally, I'd like to say that AlexTheCoder recently just got back into Mineplex, which could possibly mean we might get an update soon. However, that is not a given, because they haven't publicly announced that he'll be working on clans.

Posted Sep 19, 2020,
    Last edited Sep 19, 2020
    Jarif likes this.
  6. clans/champs doesn't get worked on because the code is spaghetti.
    mineplex will not completely die for at least 3 years
    Devs would work on clans if it didn't look like a child made it
    Kindos was denied for external reasons

Posted Sep 19, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  7. Nobody told you the code is spaghetti, people just assume. You don't know how clans' code looks like. You also don't know why Kindos got denied. Assuming just leads you to make replies like these, purely based off of a biased popular opinion that just makes the network look bad.

People need to understand that there's a system in for everything in this server. Being a developer is a real job, not the same as being a staff member and as such, people get rejected for not meeting the requirements.

About the clans code, no higher-up has told you how it looks or if it's a pain to work on and even if they did, you don't know if they're right because the only people who can tell you that are the ones with access to its code: those being developers and I suppose certain other members of the team.

Posted Sep 19, 2020,
    Last edited Sep 19, 2020
    GAM and Young_Inventor like this.
  8. I tried better pvp once and mykindos was not a good dev at all when something didn’t go his way he would whine like a baby

Posted Sep 19, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  9. If Kindos was qualified, I guessing you he would have just been hired as a normal dev. I can't say this for sure, but it seems like the most logical thing that would happen. It is possible he was qualified and didn't want to work as a regular dev, but if he was really that passionate about working on Clans, I think it's likely he would have just taken a job as a normal dev, and would go and do development on it. This is all just speculation of course, and we can't say what happened for sure, but I feel that Mineplex would have taken the opportunity to hire a qualified dev. It seems far fetched that he was denied solely because he wanted to work on Clans, at least compared to the explanations that have already been given.

Posted Sep 19, 2020
  10. what

Posted Sep 19, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  11. All really good points, not gonna lie. I think that if we give Mineplex a little while and they actually give clans some dev time
    And some new updates the game could see more success.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 19, 2020
    Young_Inventor likes this.
  12. Also @AlexTheCoder was just re-hired, and he is the main developer behind the creation of Clans, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see a rest soon because of that.

Posted Sep 19, 2020