• 386 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5573 Players Online
  • 5187 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed /Ignore not covering party invites, friend requests or community chat

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by gabsy, Jun 17, 2020.

?

Should /ignore be expanded so that you can't see community chat, party invites and friend requests?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi everyone,

During the past couple of weeks, I have been endlessly harassed by a player. In more recent days, they have been continuously spamming /party and /friend requests (I have since reported them and they have been punished). However, I found that using the /ignore command on said player did not stop the requests from coming through to me. I found this really annoying as the player was really irritating me and their full intention was to provoke and annoy me.

I also noticed that once the player was ignored, I could still see their messages in community chat which, again, irritated me because they were harassing me there also. I would really like to see /ignore 's use expand so that you can't see any sort of trace of a player whatsoever as right now I feel that the command is not very effective. There are a lot of young children who play on Mineplex and sometimes people can be mean, rude, and bully others and because /ignore can be bypassed in such ways as community chat, this might upset some people.

I would really like to see this idea be processed as I know a handful of people who have also had issues with this.

Thank you for reading :)

Posted Jun 17, 2020
  2. Hey

Although I haven't experienced this issue myself, I could understand your trouble. I completely agree with you that /ignore should remove all traces of a player from coming up in your chat whether that be parties, friend requests, communities, or just normal chat. I am sure this is just a mistake and that /ignore just never got updated when communities were added so that must be why you can see them talk in community that.

Nevertheless, I +1 this idea, harassment can be quite an issue so updating /ignore would be of great value to many players.

:)

Posted Jun 17, 2020
    Trebien and gabsy like this.
  3. I agree with this idea! Whether /ignore has not been updated to cover communities, or if this is just a bug, I'd like to see it fixed.
    I can see where your coming from in wanting /ignore to truly ignore the player. I believe that our community deserves to hide contact with other community members when they feel it is needed, and all loopholes should be covered to ensure you are not bothered by this player again!
    I'd also like to apologize that this is happening to you, and as you probably already know, you can always report players at mineplex.com/reports

Posted Jun 17, 2020
  4. Hey dude. I totally see where you are coming from, although I haven't had this happen to me. I do agree with this idea because /ignore should make it so they can't contact you at all.
    +1

Posted Jun 17, 2020
  5. It can be a big bother to have to see someone spam invites and not have any way to stop it from happening. Absolutely - ignore should be expanded to include party and friend requests.

Posted Jun 17, 2020
  6. 100% agree. I personally haven’t experienced this but just from reading your post I can imagine how irritating this must be. Annoying others on the server doesn’t just come in the form of chat abuse; it can be spamming party/community invites, and I absolutely agree that /ignore should be expanded to party requests. +1

Posted Jun 17, 2020
    gabsy likes this.
  7. Hey, great idea you have i fully agree with it, some other things you could include with it are in clans clan invites, clan chat and ally chat sometimes your clan are friends with people that you dislike and your only choice is to join them however i feel as so if clan chat should work in /cc and /ac to since it can be very annoying. - Great idea you have other then that +1 from me!

Posted Jun 17, 2020
    oCassi and gabsy like this.
  8. I am on board with this idea. Players that ignore other players wouldn't want any message coming from the player ignored.

However, what if certain players want to only ignore players from certain aspects, maybe a player spams another player with one aspect of what you mentioned such as spamming party invites only for example. Maybe /ignore can be further expanded to specifically ignore certain types of invites or messages/public chat from that player.

Overall, I give the idea a +0.5 because some players wouldn't like to completely ignore a player.

Posted Jun 17, 2020
  9. Hey! I see you point but there would be away around that what you could do is add onto this suggestion and add something like a Super ignore a bit like fav friend on friends list. This could block them totally and then normal /ignore would still work the same. - Hope this helps!

Posted Jun 17, 2020
  10. True developers do not have alot of time on there hands, 2ndly this isnt really something that needs fixing as such its more of a new idea to improve a really useful command and i know everyone has there own opinion to what needs to be added and when and where people spend there dev time, however i think this would be way more useful then doing some bug fixes mineplex should be and tries to be a safe community where people can play and have fun! however being harassed by someone can ruin the experience. Also one of the ways you said around it was leaving any communities you share with that player but that is basically disabling the ability to use them since that person could follow you around everywhere, as for the party invite's getting a party invite from a person every few min's can be very annoying since you will need to check each time if its your friend or not.

Posted Jun 19, 2020
  11. Hello!

I'm here to say that luckily that idea about expanding /ignore command to cover party invites & friends requests is already planned to do for the future update, and it was already included to Social Update proposals from CCO team which can be found on that thread. As for now due to that, I will mark that idea thread as Processed. Thanks for submitting that idea!

~ Idea Processed

Posted May 3, 2021
    EpicEnderDragon1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.