• 1181 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3760 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned I'm pretty sure this won't be added but it could work

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Jaek, Jan 22, 2019.

1. I was thinking of a new Title Track and came up with the idea of getting rewarded for reporting hackers and cheaters. It would encourage players to report hackers, cheaters, and chat abusers, as there are now incentives for doing so.

These are the only two problems I can see with this:

1. People excessively reporting for things that shouldn't be reported, in hopes for getting rewarded

2. Only Hero+ can report, so it wouldn't be fair to Ultra and Player Ranks.

Anyways, here are the titles:

1 Accepted Report: News Anchor
    10 Accepted Reports: Tattle Tale
    100 Accepted Reports: Mini GWEN
    1000 Accepted Reports: Basically Staff

These names are just my ideas and they DON'T have to be added IF this even gets added in the first place.

Posted Jan 22, 2019
  2. If I recall, I remember this being suggested on the old forums. On paper, this seems like a fantastic idea to clean up the server and community, and this would work if this was a perfect world. However, I have the same concerns as you. People will begin to false report people, in hopes of achieving this title. This would create a new obstacle for the staff team, that is not needed in the first place. Not to mention, I feel that most Gameplay reports made through /report expire as the rule breaker quits before a staff member sees it. Chat reports are most useful for /report, as a log is stored. At the end of the day, I feel that reporting on the forums is more effective than in game, as there is a team of people that get assigned reports to handle daily. This means that the report is guaranteed to be dealt with. I don't think the staff team would want to promote a somewhat ineffective system. However, I do have to say you're on point with the name game. The titles are so creative and quirky!

Interesting idea, but I don't think it would work out well in the long run. -1

Posted Jan 22, 2019
  3. Hey JAEKUB!

Sounds like a cool idea that would really help boost the amount of hackers reported! It's a smart approach to have the players help around with getting rid of hackers rather than other approaches such as hiring more staff, improving GWEN, etc.

However, I agree with @Satiate in that I don't believe this system would work out in the long run. First things first, the amount of hackers reported in the StaffRequest community and /reports is enough already. As a StaffRequest co-leader myself, I personally know that the number of hackers reported everyday is more than enough. Furthermore, I don't really think players need motivation to report hackers. Their motivation is mainly to win the game/get the most out of playing it, which is why the players report hackers to staff. I think a much more effective method is rewarding hackers for their Forum reports! Forum reports are easier than in-game reports in that the evidence is already there, as well as the punishment broken and IGN. Though it might take longer, it is one of the best ways to get rid of hackers on the Mineplex server. We could follow the title system you said above (which I really liked!) and instead of giving in-game titles, players could receive Forum roles (For example, players with 500+ roles get the Active Member role)! Let me know what you think!

Sincerely,
    SaucyStyle

Posted Jan 23, 2019
    nolawn likes this.
  4. Yo,

I agree with Saucy’s suggestion of making FR’s the basis of the rewards however I think instead of giving Active Member and such, there would be separate forum titles such as Active Reporter for 500 accepted reports. (Not sure on the exact way to track but I believe Wandy could figure it out as the RP Lead and a Web dev) Since FR’s do take a bit of effort from the players’ side it would be safe to say that people wouldn’t spam it since they used more of their time creating an insufficient FR rather than typing /report IGN (Reason) which doesn’t take a ton of effort. Keep up the great suggestions!

Posted Jan 25, 2019
    nolawn likes this.
  5. I agree with both Augend and SaucyStyle, rewarding someone for their reports is a good idea, but it should be done based off the forums. /report is currently in development, it isn't the most efficient way to report either. Plus if people start to massively report only because they want the title, the system will be spammed and it would be even more inefficient as staff wouldn't be able to cope with it. On the other hand, forums report won't be spammed as they take more time to make, and usually they have evidence. Plus there is a team focused on them (RP) so all the reports are answered quickly(ish), and it would help keep up with who reported how much. RP people will also be happy to have more reports coming in to make sure to meet their quota!

So +1 if it's based on FRs

Posted Jan 26, 2019
    mab8400 likes this.
  6. Pretty interesting idea you have here. However, I'm pretty mixed with whether it should be added or not.

First, as you and many others stated, this could cause a large influx of false reports, which only would waste a staff member's time. It would become extremely inefficient and it could make staff less wanting to do /reports, which wouldn't be good for players who are actually trying to report someone. If this idea were to be added with /reports, I say make it only work with accepted reports. If your report gets accepted, then it would count towards this title track.

For forum reports, I think it would be much more efficient because as SaucyStyle said, the evidence is already there. And plus, it takes more time to create a forum report than creating a /report, so players are much less likely to spam the section with insufficient reports.There are many members on Reports Patrol (including me), which means that reports are pretty much always handled in a good amount of time. While it might take a bit longer for your report to get a response than a /report would, it would still be very efficient. Instead of a title track, it could be a role like some others suggested above.

I do like your idea, I just think that it wouldn't be very efficient for the staff members. I feel it would be better for forum reports, so +1 to your idea if it's for those types of reports.

Posted Jan 26, 2019
  7. Hello,
    I completely agree with @SaucyStyle. Since it takes more time to make a forum report, it would deter players from making false reports, as they would waste too much time. This would be a nice subtle way to encourage reports and would have more benefits than setbacks. +1 for Saucy's version.

Posted Jan 27, 2019
  8. I really like the idea you propose. The title names are pretty clever as well. The issue is that I don't think mineplex should be rewarding for reporting. It should be a thing you do from the start. I get it though. Many people don't report because they see no point in doing so and a title would possibly boost the motivation for those type of people to make reports. But I don't think it would be the proper way to go. Like the others said above, these issues can occur and just overall put more work on staff for unnecessary reasons.

Posted Jan 28, 2019
  9. Hey there!
    I really like the sound of this - and personally, would love to see it added in. I hope this gets moved forward. :)

Posted Jan 28, 2019
  10. Hey there!

Sorry it's taken some time, but unfortunately, we do not plan on adding this onto the server. Most of the people on this commented saying that it should not be based off of /reports, as those are only available to Hero+, so it would not be fair to people who are below them since they just flat-out cannot get this title. However, all members are able to post reports on the forums, so it makes sense why these people above me commented this, as I totally agree with them on this.

However, there are a few issues that come as a result of this. First up, there really is not a way to make it so that the forum reports can be linked to an in-game database to give out this title. When your reports are marked as "Accepted," members of Reports Patrol will issue the punishments by themselves, as it is not automatically done. Since it works like that, there really is not way to make it automatically add. If we wanted to go around this, we would need to manually go in and add it to the database, which would take a lot of time from the developers which is much, much better used elsewhere. Additionally, as you said, it would lead to the issue of creating many false reports, which is not good for anyone involved.

Since we want to limit the number of false reports (hopefully to zero), and since it really is not possible at this point in time, I'll be marking this as "Not Planned." If you have any further questions or concerns, don't hesitate to send me a PM. If you have any more fun and exciting ideas to share, create another thread!

Posted Dec 9, 2019
  11. I like the idea and it is pretty funny as well. I pretty much have this title anyways because a lot of players hate me for getting a lot of people banned/muted for things. However, I think this system would be abused a lot and people would only report for the titles. What we can realistically do is teach players ethics and sportsmanship so they don't hack or ruin the game in any way again.

Posted Dec 10, 2019