• 2121 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10646 Players Online
  • 8525 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned I'm sure someone already suggested this

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by tqinted, Apr 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Would it be a good idea to add in a trading system for chests? Or be able to sell chests for shards, or being able to give chests to people? Because I have like 15 illuminated chests I can't open and I wish there was a good use I could put to them. Like selling them for treasure shards so I can buy other chests, giving them away to less fortunate players or trading them to other players for a different kind of chest or treasure shards.

Posted Apr 6, 2020
  2. Hey!

Around a year ago someone else had suggested a similar idea (I'll leave a link to the original post here). But, the main reasons the idea was declined back then was because it wasn't compliant with the EULA Mineplex has to abide by. Chests could be considered actual money because they are purchasable from the shop, and the EULA prevents players from trading real money for in-game money, which in this case would be the shards. On top of this, cosmetics are a huge source of income for Mineplex, so including an option like this would hurt their revenue.

Again, this post was around a year ago, so I'm not sure that you'll receive the same answer from back then, but I don't believe that a feature like this will be added.

Now, for the point on giving away chests. While I see your point and it would be great to be able to give back to the community, Mineplex has intentionally never added a feature like this because there can be a ton of consequences with adding this. You have to think of compromised accounts, and how people can target players with more gems/chests/shards to give to themselves. On top of this, there could be some issues with scamming on the server if this were to be added. The only alternatives to gifting people in-game are through cosmetics (Treasure Party Bombs, Villager Morph, etc).

I completely understand wanting to be able to actually make your chests useful and not just let them go away, but there just aren't many options Mineplex has to add in a feature like this.

Hope this cleared things up!

Posted Apr 6, 2020
    tqinted and Wiz2K like this.
  3. Hey!

The idea of trading chest with shards has been an idea for a while now and it has been denied in the past I'm pretty sure. But for the idea of giving away chests to other players, I'm not too sure about. Though it is nice to give away things to the community or give things to newer players, I think it is better to just earn cosmetics yourself. Some people can easily abuse this and there really isn't a way currently to stop them from abusing besides taking the feature out. Besides, you can easily earn cosmetics and if someone wanted to earn them, they would actually play the games on Mineplex and do missions and level up. Also, there was an idea recently that Illuminated chests would give you dupes with treasure shards and let you open them instead of just saying "you can't open one" so you can not have all of these chests you can't open.

Again, I'm sure selling chests will never become a thing but possibly giving them away might be. But I give these ideas a -1 because of the reasons above, thanks for them though!

Posted Apr 6, 2020
  4. As mentioned, this idea has been denied multiple times. The main reasoning for this is that it would actually go against the EULA. Treasure chests are indeed purchasable through the shop, which means you can't trade it for in-game currencies (shards). Trading still breaks it as well and also counters the purpose of exclusive chests. We also can't forget that Mineplex is a business, and this could potentially drop sales.

Additionally, people with more chests could have an increased chance of their accounts getting compromised. As this cannot happen as of now and may have potential consequences, I'll be denying the idea. Thank you for your suggestion!

Thread Locked >> Not Planned
    Please DM me if you have any questions or concerns

Posted Apr 8, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.