• 841 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8859 Players Online
  • 8018 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

imagine if there was somewhere where you could view how many likes you've given

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Ryan9116, Jan 8, 2021.

?

do you like this idea

1. yes

2. no

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ^title^

Posted Jan 8, 2021
    anna., ilyLegend, yvuggu and 5 others like this.
  2. Hi there Ryan! I myself have wondered a few times how many likes I’ve given to other people, which is probably a lot more than I’ve received! This isn’t strictly necessary, but if there is enough time to add this it would be great. I am sure many members would like to see how many likes they’ve given and possibly also to whom they gave how many likes.
    -Bob

Posted Jan 8, 2021
    yvuggu, aTechnoblade and Ryan9116 like this.
  3. That is a great idea. I have been wondering about that too. What if you could click on it and see how many likes you have given to others but also see who you gave them to .

Posted Jan 11, 2021
    yvuggu and Ryan9116 like this.
  4. Hey there Ryan!

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to make this thread and propose this idea. Personally, I like your idea and wouldn't mind seeing it being implemented. However, I agree with Bob in the sense that it isn't strictly necessary, but needless to say it would be a cool feature to see! I believe if this idea were implemented, a button titled "Liked Content" should be added under the "Postings" tab on Personal Profiles. I believe this button would fit well at the very bottom next to the "All Content" and "All Threads" buttons.

Where I think the button "Liked Content" should go
    [​IMG]

In addition, maybe when you click into the "Liked Content" button, it could show at the very top a total of likes you've given with the list of the direct thread(s)/content that you've liked. Overall, I like this idea and again, wouldn't mind to see this implemented. Thank you for sharing! +1

Posted Jan 12, 2021
    ilyLegend, Midoriya, yvuggu and 4 others like this.
  5. Hey!

I personally like this idea, it would definitely be an awesome addition to the forums!

+1

Posted Jan 12, 2021
  6. Hi!
    I really like this idea because I'm currently unsure of how many likes I've given. I would love to see this get added sometime in the future.

+1

Posted Jan 12, 2021
  7. bumppp

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 15, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  8. This would be a nice change to add to the walls update. Amg_ came up with a good idea on how to implement this. When you click on Liked Content, it would open up a page that looks like your alerts, but for liked things. This would be the best way because if it opened up a page that looks like the other two pages, it wouldn't be efficient because you would have to click on it to see what you liked.

Posted Jan 15, 2021
    Ryan9116 likes this.
  9. There's a lot that's going to be changing with walls, how they look possibly and things might be moved around too. Since our walls update is the priority for the next focused update, this idea would fit in pretty nicely as an addition. With all the positive feedback, I have brought this idea up with the web dev and we'll discuss it from there.

Posted Jan 15, 2021
  10. Glad to see that there's some pushing in the right direction with this idea. In the past with my use of XenForo, I know through the sites built in rating system that it tracks 'likes' and in addition, how much you've given to other users. I'm not sure if it runs in the same way that Likes do on the Mineplex forums (since it seems to be pretty different) but it doesn't seem like too much of a struggle to implement.

Posted Jan 15, 2021
    Ryan9116 and yvuggu like this.
  11. Hey! I am neutral with this idea. I wouldn't mind if this was added as it could be beneficial to some if they were curious what they liked in the past, but at the same time this is a very minor inconvenience at most and the development work doesn't seem worth it in my opinion. I haven't really ever had a time where I need to see a list of forum posts/threads I liked so this feature may only be used for certain people. Regardless, this still would be a neat addition.

- Lucas

Posted Jan 17, 2021
  12. like spamming isn’t a personality trait

Posted Jan 17, 2021
    Anaroquydise likes this.
  13. Holy cow I would definitely give this a +1! I have likespammed so many people in the past, it would be incredible to see how many I have given! Great thinking :)

Posted Jan 17, 2021
    Ryan9116, Alyss_Treaty and yvuggu like this.
  14. We will be putting this into a poll later in our Mineplex Community Center (MCC) Discord. Feel free to ask me for an invite if you need it as it will be discussed there via people on Discord. This Discord is used for discussions and giving feedback just like here on the forums, except you can talk straight with community management and their subteams + GI if they are there. There's a lot of channels for dicsussion in that Discord, so if you wanted to know what all can be discussed there feel free to check it out. :sigils:

Posted Jan 20, 2021
    Alyss_Treaty, Fusafez and Ryan9116 like this.