• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7973 Players Online
  • 5083 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Immortal Idea: Custom Join Messages

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by SpyNinja__, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Hello everyone! Today I will be presenting an idea that has been toying at the back of my mind for some time. I've been asking myself, if there are custom weapon names, why not custom join messages?

Custom Join Messages should be a thing. This feature would cost 70,000 Immortal Points, because it is pretty much the same thing as custom weapon names, but less cool. You would be able to type in the join message you want AND change the colors of each word however you like!

Please, tell me whether or not you like this idea! Also, if there are an details you think I forgot, also please tell me!

Thanks for reading!

<3

Posted Aug 13, 2020
    Amg_ (Amgeh) likes this.
  2. I actually really like this idea and I can see you put a lot of thought into it. I do agree that 70,000 Immortal points would be worth it because like you said it would be the same cost as a custom weapon name. So would this work like if I wanted my join name to be. "Epicbuilder435 has joined the game to win not to lose" then would every time I joined a game that would show up in chat? If so I do really think this could be a cool idea if we could some sort of way figure out a way to punish for inappropriate join messages and such. I think if we can figure out a way to punish for those, along with getting it actually added for a fair price in the Immortal Loyalty shop I think it would be a really cool feature that a lot of people would enjoy. Excellent idea and I really hope to see this get added in the future.

Posted Aug 13, 2020
    SpyNinja__ likes this.
  3. Maybe the filter system could be altered to add this too? Also, Custom Weapon Names cost 80,000 points, not 70,000. However, I put it at 70,000 because there are a lot of expensive things that I want lol. Anyway, thanks for the feedback!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 13, 2020
  4. Hey!

I definitely see the value in this, I really enjoy it! However, I do have a couple of questions/comments regarding this, and I'll share below ^-^

For one, my biggest concern with these custom perks is how we can hold players accountable for not being inappropriate with this I feel as though this is something that needs to be considered before anything is decided. I get that filters and punishments can be implemented, but still, some thinking is good.

From an overall standpoint, this costs quite a bit of Immortal points. The prices are justified, most definitely, however being able to unlock them after 7-8 months is still a long wait when putting into perspective. I remember someone saying that to get all Immortal point rewards (leaving out Immortal gifting and the gadgets) that'd it'd take 4 years to get enough points. I don't know if adding more to it is the best move when considering this point.

Love to hear more opinions on this because overall I really like this idea! Despite my concerns, definitely a +1 from me!

Thank you for sharing,
    ~ Bobert / Erik

Posted Aug 13, 2020
    SpyNinja__ likes this.
  5. Hi Spy!

I would like to commend you on your creative idea and I hope it is implemented in the future. To restrict the abusive of perk, maybe they could add like a variety of “join in messages” that you can earn through both achievements and immortal points. While holding a subscription gives you more and more points, maybe they could add in achievements for immortals strictly for those join in messages. I think maybe the more “rare” join in messages could possibly be the ones you earn through achievement (like titles), and then the common ones you can buy through immortal points in the shop. As for the custom join in message, maybe they could implement the option to purchase it with subscription points (like custom sword names), or the ability to earn it through a series of hard challenges. I don’t know though, just a thought. I really do like your idea, it’s a +1 from me.

-Amgeh

Posted Aug 13, 2020,
    Last edited Aug 13, 2020
    SpyNinja__ likes this.
  6. I feel like 70,000 is a good price because weapon names are 80,000. Plus, who wants EVERYTHING on the Immortal shop. I'm probably not going to buy half the things there just cause Idt their worth their value. I also think that we could modify the chat filter to work with the join messages. Anyway, thank you for the feedback

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 13, 2020
    Amg_ (Amgeh) likes this.
  7. Hey there,
    I've seen a post with a similar idea, feel free to read this other thread,
    https://www.mineplex.com/threads/immortal-perk-idea-custom-join-messages.143412/.

Anyways, I would really like to see this implemented, and I think it'd be cool to write custom messages.
    However, as @Bobert2013 stated, this may be opening a chance for players to abuse this perk and write inappropriate messages. The only thing I would like to change about this post is the price for the custom message. I would rather have a lower price than 70,000 Immortal points for a custom message; my reason is that there are so many other perks players and I want, and I'm not sure 70,000 points would be a reasonable price for just a custom message. That's just my view on it; besides that, I hope to see this implemented!

Posted Aug 13, 2020
  8. Hey,

I'm in favour of this idea, but more on the neutral side. First off, I like what you're going for. I believe it would be a pretty nice perk for players to have a custom join message, it would add a whole new level of customization and personality in-game for players, and for that, I like this idea. However, one common theme people have replied with is people abusing this feature. With every customizable chat feature, will come people who choose to be inappropriate with it, and chances are this won't be much different, so the question becomes, how do we deal with that, and is the perk worth the hassle. These are questions that have yet to be answered, and with further discussion time, and the hopeful acceptance, will come the decision from Production and that's when those questions will be answered.

Aside from that, a way inappropriate messages could be avoided is to have join messages as a cosmetic choice, but have set options such as Taunts have. I'm, again, more neutral on the idea as I can see positives and negatives with it, but this would solve the issue of inappropriate messages, but would then lose the major customization and personality aspect of the idea you've suggested. However, there's also some potential with set join messages. You could have specific join messages for each rank, you could have some for getting all of the achievements in a specific game, or you could have some that are from Holiday Events or just regular Events, or you could just have some regular join messages that don't require anything specific to unlock. Join messages do have a lot of potential, and have been an interesting discussion of late, and I see some real potential, may it be set join messages like I've listed, or may it be customizable like the idea you've suggested today.

As for the concern with the number of Immortal Points, I agree with the number you've given. I believe a customizable message should not be cheap, and should take some real dedication to unlock, and having this just under the amount of Sword Names seems like a very fair price point for this perk.

In the end, I like your idea and see real potential in it, which is why I'm giving it a +0.5. I believe there's real positives, but also some questions that will have to be answered. I'm interested to see how this idea develops in the future.

Posted Aug 13, 2020
    SpyNinja__ likes this.
  9. Bump

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 4, 2020
  10. +1
    Seems like overall a good idea, would make it worth buying immortal and saving the points. Staff would have to look out for people who make their custom join message against the rules, but the filter could help with this.

Posted Sep 4, 2020
    SpyNinja__ likes this.
  11. Hey there!

I honestly think this is a great idea, and I think it would be cool to see this added to the server. The only thing that I could see that would go wrong with this is that people may put something in their join message that is against the rules, but the filter could help with that along with staff members who happen to see them. Other than that, great idea! +1

Posted Sep 4, 2020
    SpyNinja__ likes this.
  12. +1 because I want everyone to see “losingmylife has joined to watch u fold” when I join

Posted Sep 4, 2020
    SpyNinja__ likes this.
  13. Hello!

This idea is super cool! Obviously, the Immortal shop has perks that are really awesome, but very expensive. The higher-priced items are the more special items, such as custom-named weapons and more. In my opinion, custom-named weapons are a privilege and this would be as well.

I've definitely seen some people replying above considering the fact that players may make their join-message inappropriate, but players could also make their weapon names just as inappropriate and that is currently a feature of the Immortal shop. I don't really see why it would be an issue when we already have an existing feature, similar to the custom join messages, that also will require some observation. Moderation will definitely be required for both of these Immortal shop items, but I still think it's an extremely cool idea and definitely should be implemented.

Like I said previously, I would consider this a pretty pricey item in the Immortal Shop because of how custom it is. I definitely do think this item is cool however and I definitely give this idea a +1. A lot will have to be taken into consideration as far as the moderation aspect of the item, but I don't really see an issue.

Thanks for sharing your idea. I hope you have a good night!​

Posted Sep 4, 2020
    SpyNinja__ likes this.