• 691 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11612 Players Online
  • 10921 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Java Immortal Loyalty Point Shop (07/10/2020)

Discussion in 'Update Changelogs' started by OneThousand, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Love to see it!

Posted Jul 11, 2020
  2. Omg, what a great update. I hope you guys who have an active subscription like it. These new things are awesome.

Posted Jul 11, 2020
  3. Yes!! I want to get some of the old immortal cosmetics so it’s awesome I am finally able to do that! And did I see a hint at a new clans season ??

Posted Jul 11, 2020
  4. As a current Immortal subscriber, this update is beyond amazing! Now that I have incentives to ensure I remain subscribed; I will most likely do such. Thank you for everyone who worked on this wonderful update! <3

~ Pitato

Posted Jul 11, 2020
  5. I mean, that makes sense to me but after 3+ years of this?
    https://www.mineplex.com/threads/gems-to-shards-conversions.67948/
    https://www.mineplex.com/threads/gems-shards.124140/
    https://www.mineplex.com/threads/please-make-it-so-we-can-convert-gems-to-shards.117549/
    https://www.mineplex.com/threads/gem-to-shard-exchange-and-vice-versa.91220/
    https://www.mineplex.com/threads/a-way-to-make-gems-into-shards.78571/
    https://www.mineplex.com/threads/gems-to-shards-idea.33286/
    https://www.mineplex.com/threads/gems-to-shards.21926/
    https://www.mineplex.com/threads/gems-to-shards.16529/
    That's not all of them but I'm sure y'all get my point. Did the EULA change or something lol?

Posted Jul 11, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 11, 2020
    sean.., Slowthes, mcckaay and 8 others like this.
  6. Either the EULA has recently become more lenient on things like this, or this kind of interpretation was used to delay the implementation of these ideas, only to be added as a bait for more profit. I understand that revenue is needed and I'm all for Immortal subscribers being rewarded, but is anyone higher up in the staff team aware of this being a huge transparency issue?

Posted Jul 11, 2020
    Wiz2K, Mitchy, ClassN and 3 others like this.
  7. Just a quick question; if you were to purchase Immortal and buy one of the new items / perks such as the disguise, would you still keep the perks / items once the subscription ended and you went back to your previous rank?

Posted Jul 11, 2020
  8. EULA concerns aside- and I do still think there is a valid case to be made for Immortal violating it- I think this update misses the mark, though it does improve on the original, shoddy perks that Immortal had.

The idea of a perk shop is great, one I wish would come to other ranks; people should always be rewarded for spending their money and sticking with the server. Unfortunately, much like Immortal's first set of perks, many of these are slaps in the faces to non-Immortals, stuff that was suggested (and often denied) for everyone, only later to come up conveniently behind a paywall. This style of making people pay for quality of life changes really irks me and comes across as disrespectful and irreverent of the people who made Mineplex what it is today (no, not Immortals). For example, I can't count how many times I've seen gem-to-shard converters be denied for "EULA violations", but all of the sudden they're okay... only if you pay for a rank and have it for x amount of time. Is that really Mineplex's business model now? Take people's ideas that are suggested by the community for everyone, but make people pay for them?

Not only are many of these perks ethically sketchy, some of them practically deny other entire updates that people have been looking forward to for ages. Like take additional mission slots for example. Instead of reworking Sam the Slime to provide a more comprehensive mission system, as has been suggested, new mission slots are added for Immortals. Another example- MPS extensions and extra games leave little else for an MPS update. If this trend of "paying for an update" continues, then we'll see Communities have the same problem, among other systems on the network that are due for changes. What's that? You want an update to Carl, maybe a new daily reward track that would incentivize people to login everyday? Sure, just pay for Immortal, and maybe one day you'll save enough Loyalty Points to buy that perk! Now go beg Mommy for her credit card! This isn't the MP that people flocked to years ago for good games and a different community experience; this is leaving your normal players in the dust and squeezing money out of people while you still can.

I'm not naive enough to believe a single one of these perks will change, aside from bug fixes if that counts. So instead of suggesting to remove some of these and apply them to the general server populace, and because I'd be remiss if I didn't leave suggestions and put my money where my mouth is, here are some intriguing (at least to me) perks I think would work better than what Immortal's current options are. I figure if they're good enough to satisfy my high standards, then they're a safe bet for other potential customers.

1. Animated forum profile picture- like Discord Nitro.
    2. Animated forum banners.
    3. Less restrictive forum signatures (images/gifs can be larger without making you scroll; blurriness is removed).
    4. Forum username particles (like what Enjin used to have).
    5. Exclusive forum emojis.
    6. Add-on rewards for all existing rewards systems (Carl's daily reward, Carl spinner tokens, missions, lobby parkours, possibly Christmas advent calendar, and so on). How this works is that everyone has a base set of rewards for these things, but if you're Immortal, you get a bonus. Preferably nothing exclusive, but it's not the end of the world if that happens.
    7. Access to in-game Immortal lobby (/server IMM-1). The Immortal lobby is different to the main lobbies, but visually similar. It has lobby games, treasure hunts, and anything else you guys could think up.
    8. Access to Immortal build island in the lobbies.
    9. Exclusive Community themes- not all themes would be exclusive, just a few.
    10. Exclusive MPS themes- same as above but for MPS.
    11. The old lobby NPC, DJ Plex, is added back with functionality- Immortals can queue songs in the lobby for free. This acts as an expansion on the noteblock song perk in this update and the current music disc cosmetics. All premium users can use DJ Plex; however, they must pay Treasure Shards to queue a song, and the price corresponds to the rank. Higher rank = lower queue cost, culminating in Immortal doing it for free.
    12. Morph Maker- think of Morph Maker as the "Build-a-Bear" of morphs. Immortals can pick from all mobs/Mineplex-made skins in the game, excluding the Ender Dragon, and from a pool of existing abilities. For example, maybe you pick a brown horse and give it a fireball ability that launches people away. Or you pick the Love Doctor Morph skin and give it Elder Guardian's Morph's laser. Custom morphs are saved in the Morph menu. You can purchase one custom Morph slot at a time from the Loyalty Point Shop. This concept can be applied to other cosmetics categories as well.
    13. In-game statuses- statuses are sort of like titles, except they tell other people what you're doing. For instance, maybe I could enable a music note status that goes somewhere above my head to indicate I'm listening to music. These might overlap a bit too much with symbols/titles, so not 100% sure on this.
    14. Duplicates from chests give Immortals a greater percentage of Treasure Shards back than normal.
    15. Featured Immortal-owned groups on the forums.
    16. "Happy birthday" message in-game that displays to everyone in your lobby; syncs with the user's birthday set on the forums. If one isn't set and the Immortal still buys the perk from the shop, it will not work. Comes with a small reward, like a Treasure Shard Bomb set at your position.
    17. The ability to bulk-buy Gadgets using Shards.
    18. Immortal chat- much like using @ for parties or # for team chat, you can use * (or whatever other prefix works) for Immortal chat. It shows up for every Immortal in your current lobby, though it can be turned off in preferences.
    19. Other gifts- wrap up and send other people cosmetics, chests, Gems, and whatever else you could get your hands on normally.
    20. Battle Royale, Rose Rush, Valentine's Vendetta, and Snow Fight added to the MPS game roster for Immortals who buy them from the Loyalty Shop (Snow Fight might already be in it, not sure). EDIT: because I realized this perk is contradictory to my criticism above, I should add that ideally, it would accompany a way for Legends+ to unlock these games and the ones that came from this update.
    21. Sprays- new cosmetic category that is technically available to everyone, but easiest to get from the Loyalty Shop; for everyone else, they're extremely rare. They're just map art that you can place around in lobbies or in *certain* games.
    22. Direct cosmetic buying- all cosmetics past and present are in the Loyalty Point Shop, allowing Immortals to complete their cosmetic collections with more reliability. They include past shop-only purchases like the Spider Mount or the more recent Color Splash set.
    23. Title point booster- for select title tracks, points are earned more quickly. This takes some of the tedium out of grinding for that one title you don't quite have yet.
    24. (Very expensive item for the Loyalty Shop) Custom Lobby- Immortals who have accumulated enough Loyalty Points can choose to set up a single game lobby for a day, during which anyone can join; normal queuing rules apply, with the Immortal who bought it having a 100% chance to be able to join at any point. Custom lobbies are like MPS's except statistics and rewards are given to everyone as if the game was on the network normally.
    25. Mineplex Discord bot can play music in a new Immortal-exclusive voice chat.

*What I tried to go for with these ideas was expansion, not exclusion; it worked, but with rare exceptions that I will address. The purpose behind that is Immortal's perks are very controversial and unfortunately alienate many of the people who would otherwise be open to a subscription service. Would someone who feels cheated out of first-person spectating or stacker want to give money to the people who he/she feels cheated him/her? Unlikely. That's why instead of trying to exclude everyone else to the benefit of Immortals, I settled on expanding existing ideas that act as great perks for Immortal but don't step on anyone's toes. So what about those exceptions I was talking about earlier?

The community may feel perks like Immortals getting more Shards from duplicates is bad because people want a cosmetic update that removes dupes; or like certain games should return irrespective of the ability to create a custom lobby for them; or like adding more holiday games to the MPS roster makes Event Squad less special; and so on and so on. I can't claim to represent everyone, only what I myself would possibly buy a rank for. So while I personally think all of these ideas are cool and viable, I understand that not everyone may feel the same, and that some toes might be stepped on due to the nature of how strong willed many of the sub-communities in the larger MP community are. If that's the case for you, then I understand, and feel free to point out how any of the above are game-breaking, disrespectful, poor excuses for perks. But for now, I think what I've provided is a reasonable list of benefits for the seemingly inevitable expansion of the Loyalty Point Shop, in addition to some general perks that could be applied to all Immortals. Thanks for reading.

I think if you guys work on Immortal... though not at the expense of game updates I should say... it can become something the community would respect and want to buy, like Legend or Titan in the past. Put in the work to making the perks great and not alienating, and you'll also have a steady source of income. That's a win-win. But that can't happen if the short and easy route is constantly taken, and criticism is disregarded. We want you guys to succeed just as much as you want you to succeed, but if it comes at the expense of us, we won't be on board.

Posted Jul 11, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 21, 2020
    paceyq, ReNegative, sean.. and 13 others like this.
  9. Sounds cool!

Posted Jul 11, 2020
  10. All I'm wondering is if the gems to shards converter is actually allowed by EULA, and also why are they putting a bunch of denied in the past ideas into a rank tho.

Posted Jul 11, 2020
    Mitchy likes this.
  11. Sweeeet! gems to shards yes plz need to convert my 100k gems

Posted Jul 12, 2020
  12. While appreciating the work completed in order to push out this update, I won't be agreeing with this in the slightest. Immortal rank already hat its unique features and at this rate, you may aswell make it a pay to win rank. With that said, pce.

Posted Jul 12, 2020
    Mitchy likes this.
  13. I'm actually really impressed with this update. It's a bit discouraging to see some people not supporting these changes. The community has said for years that the ranks aren't distinct enough from each other to be worth buying or, in this case, subscribing to. The update definitely sets Immortal above any of the other ranks and I think that's awesome. If you keep releasing special features that is accessible to everyone, you really aren't left with any for ranked players to enjoy. I guess it just goes to show that you really can't satisfy everyone no matter what you do. I just subscribed to Immortal for the first time last week actually, so it looks like I had pretty good timing there. These changes are definitely going to be great for Immortal subscribers to experience.

Posted Jul 13, 2020
    Look_Dan likes this.
  14. Can we get an SSM update or shutdown?

Posted Jul 13, 2020
  15. I do hope you're joking.

Posted Jul 13, 2020
    Nonexistant and sean.. like this.
  16. I'm not sure what part of my post you thought was humorous, but I can assure you that I'm not joking. If you have a differing opinion than mine, that's completely fine. As someone who was very hesitant to subscribe to Immortal since I already had Eternal, I think these changes make the consistent subscription worth it. It's okay if you disagree.

Posted Jul 13, 2020
  17. I thought this was denied by LT a while ago lmao

Posted Jul 13, 2020
    ClassN likes this.
  18. Gems to shards doesn't violate the EULA, I've asked Mojang employees. However, the gem and xp boosters 100% do. There are four separate sources (all from Mojang) that either directly say you can't do this or clearly don't allow things like it. The issue is is that Mineplex says they follow the EULA, but staff members offer no evidence as to why gem boosters are fine, only saying to report Mineplex for an infraction. The only thing that will get Mineplex to change what they say about gem boosters is an official request from Mojang telling them to stop. It's sad that a server that claims to follow the rules will only follow them if they're told to.

Posted Jul 13, 2020
    Nonexistant and Mitchy like this.
  19. I mean, if they aren't going to actually punish us and it makes Mineplex the money they need to make things run smoothly why not?

Posted Jul 13, 2020
  20. Want to know what else would make Mineplex some money? Making the game pay to win. They've shown that they're willing to do that with clans items, and they've shown they'll break the EULA with Immortal. Why won't they make blatant pay to win items the norm?
    The other thing is, shouldn't Leadership not lie to the players? You can't say that Mineplex follows the EULA if they clearly don't.

Posted Jul 13, 2020