• 817 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11488 Players Online
  • 10671 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Java Immortal Rank (02/09/2020)

Discussion in 'Update Changelogs' started by DeanTM, Feb 9, 2020.

1. I guess I’ll throw in my two cents.
    I’m not the biggest fan of it, but I’m also not completely opposed to it.
    I feel like people are making a bigger deal out of it then it needs to be though. Based on some of the replies I’m seeing, a lot of people are assuming that Mineplex has been focusing on creating a “new rank” instead of updating our game content. These are two drastically different things though, multiple projects can be worked on at once. Specifically looking at Valentines Day, it isn’t Valentine’s Day yet. Considering what we’ve done in the past, hopefully there will be some sort of Valentine’s Day update.
    And also, it’s a change to PPC. I mean it’s just more permissions really. I understand some of the permissions are a bit controversial, but still, some of the replies I’ve seen are completely unnecessary.

Regarding the actual rank, like many people, I’m not a big fan of the color. It looks out of place both in-game and on the forums. I understand it’s nice to have a different color for each rank, but still, light yellow isn’t appealable.

Not a big fan of the separately colored name/optional color chat. The idea has previously been denied, and for good reason in my opinion. It makes chat look too messy.

I also wouldn’t really consider it a “bad” idea to implement it though, it just needs changes. I feel like if PPC received a massive update, minus the new immortal rank/tag, this would be a lot less controversial than it is right now.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
    M4RK7000, 230V, Marzie and 5 others like this.
  2. The only thing I don't like is stacker being exclusive... c'mon, that's such a classic Mineplex feature (that used to be free for everyone) that I, and many others have wanted back for a while, and to make it part of a subscription service feels a bit scummy. Other than that I have no complaints, people actually giving Mineplex money every month needed something better.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
    LuckyPatch, Danese, CZArkolan and 2 others like this.
  3. If I said that I wouldv'e gotten a sev 1 warning...smh first false advertising during Christmas update, now violating EULA laws....I genuinely believe Mineplex is TRYING to shut itself down.

Posted Feb 10, 2020
  4. mineplex, truly an official minecraft partner!

Posted Feb 10, 2020
    FluteVegetables, Mitchy, 230V and 3 others like this.
  5. If this money goes back into hiring devs and making games playable and enjoyable, then I'm happy.

Posted Feb 10, 2020
  6. Anyone found the delete thread option for viewers yet?

Posted Feb 10, 2020
  7. Literally who asked for this

Posted Feb 10, 2020
    FluteVegetables, Acerna, 230V and 4 others like this.
  8. Did OneThousand say what color the rank would be changed to?

Posted Feb 10, 2020
    Glummes likes this.
  9. I have a genuine question:

did QA or LT consider the colour chat as a disadvantage to those with visionary disabilities?

Reading the chat is now extremely difficult. The colour contrast makes it even harder for those with visionary impairments without vision aids such as glasses or other assistive technologies.

not to mention moderating chat will become increasingly difficult on our end.

I wish the staff team, at the very least, was consulted on these features before releasing it. You wouldn’t have to disclose that it would be a new rank but just a possible feature to be added. Some consultation with staff would have been nice.

Posted Feb 10, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 11, 2020
  10. I don’t think they really considered anything much at all

Posted Feb 10, 2020
    Danese, 230V and CZArkolan like this.
  11. This is especially true due to the new potential to imitate non-ranked players using color chat (can't imitate ranked players due to the bold).
    With color chat now possible, the second line of chat could be used to write a message that looks like another player said it. Even if chat logs can tell who actually said it, this could be used in ruining reputations in game. By the time a report would go through, extensive reputation damage could already be done.

Posted Feb 10, 2020
    • General Rudeness Severity 1
    -snip- Fix the colors for people with vision/color impairment and fix the colors thnx

Also bring back stacker like it used to be, -snip-. It's so dumb to make it cost money to simply use a simple feature

Also related to knockback, you can simply disable knockback client side by rejecting the incoming velocity related packets.

Posted Feb 10, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Feb 20, 2020
  12. Well to be honest, if people had visionary inabilities, then they shouldn't really be playing a block game at all, not to mention the obnoxious colors (no offense to anyone) in the rainbow road weapon name.

Posted Feb 10, 2020
    BaEconic likes this.
  13. Not only that, chat trollers and making it hard on moderation staff.

Posted Feb 10, 2020
  14. People can play games without necessarily being able to see everything clearly. That’s the good thing about the server is that you don’t need to have perfect vision to play a lot of the games.

The emphasis shouldn’t be placed on whether there are existing players with visionary impairments but rather making sure the server is as accessible as it can be so that anyone with these impairments can enjoy the server as well

Posted Feb 10, 2020
    FluteVegetables, Danese and Xukuwu like this.
  15. That’s true but in general, I’m sure you need decent vision to either play the game or communicate

Posted Feb 10, 2020
    BaEconic likes this.
  16. The feature isn't integral to gameplay, and the server needs to make money to stay up (and improve) somehow. If people want to use stacker bad enough, this rank now lets them pay to do so. Any feature given to every player is a feature that can't be used as incentive for ranks. Servers cost a lot of money to run, and hopefully the extra money from the new subscribers for perks such as this will be used to help improve the server.

Posted Feb 10, 2020
    CZArkolan likes this.
  17. i was going to change my opinion, but a player called mab8400 told me i got snipped for speaking my own opinion.this was hurtful to me.as i thought like others here on the thread, i could speak what i wanted to speak,without being shut down.

Posted Feb 10, 2020
    230V and CZArkolan like this.
  18. Thank you for adding a new rank to MP. It's been a while since we only had 5 ranks, and I hope MP stays EULA compliant.

It's not shutting itself down. They just added a new rank, and that's no big deal.

Posted Feb 10, 2020
    Danese likes this.
  19. Fun fact, this is the color that your urine should be it's healthy.

Posted Feb 10, 2020