• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Improving Team-play and Partying

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by OnionTearz, Jan 20, 2020.

?

How should achievements be split for those who already have the kit?

1. Keep them in solo only

100.0%
  2. Keep them in both, only changing how people can further earn achievements

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. For a while I have been thinking about, and wanting Mineplex to better promote partying up with others and other general team things. The first that came to me was long ago and it was because me and my friend really enjoy playing Sky Wars and Survival Games together, however, we both really enjoy grinding for achievements. Playing as a team and playing solo have such different game-play to them that I suggest implementing separate achievements and achievement kits for each solo and teams. This would mean any kit bought with gems transfers however, earning the achievement kit must be done separately from each other. Promotion of team game-play and separating team-play from solo grinding will without a doubt contribute to Mineplex's growth.
    Not that I haven't thought about it but, I'm not sure which direction Mineplex would like better is that; Separating the achievements for people who already the achievement kit might be difficult. My suggestion would be, because you can only earn achievements in solo, let them keep the kit in solo's only. If you believe that wouldn't do well enough, we may be able to give the achievements earned by players to both solo and teams but change so they can no longer earn achievements for teams from solo and vice versa.

Another idea I have is for a better UI to switch chats and communicate within those chats. My idea is not entirely original for this because I am aware there are some servers that function similarly to this however, I suggest a command as simple as /chat or /c that brings up a panel. Options in this panel include Team, Party, and Community. Community would have a sub-section for each of the users communities. The only reason I suggest a system such as this would be that you do not have to type something before you chat. In my opinion it gets in the way and can be frustrating at times whereas if I could do one command before a game then chat normally to my teammates or people in my party it would be so much easier. I understand that some players may not like the idea of a UI and instead there should be an option to use commands to switch chats.

Posted Jan 20, 2020
  2. A command to chat separately in party, team, or community chats have been discussed and denied multiple times. It’s not something we’re looking into as it would require an entire re-write of the chat system.

As for separate achievements in team-gamemodes, I somewhat agree. If we look at Cake Wars as an example, there’s an achievement given if you eat every other teams’ cake. In Standard, this can be completed easily with a competent team but in Duos, I can see it being a lot harder with another 4 teams that you have to worry about. I’m down to see some suggestions for team-gamemode achievements and I’m not opposed to the idea at all. It would require a lot of discussion since we have quite a bit of team-gamemodes but I think players who enjoy this style of gameplay would love to see some version of this being implemented. Personally, I prefer CW Duos opposed to Standard. Some would say that it could possibly clutter the /stats GUI but as long as we separate the two gamemodes, I see no reason not to implement gamemode-specific achievements as long as players get to keep their kits in Standard/Solos.

Posted Jan 20, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 20, 2020
    Crazyy_Tim likes this.
  3. It would make more sense to just have some achievements that are better completed in solo and some that are better completed in teams, similar to the current Champions achievements, where some achievements have to be earned by playing either Dominate or Capture the Flag (rip TDM) and the achievement abilities are shared between them (and Clans). This would require you to play both gamemodes to get all achievements but wouldn't completely separate the two gamemodes due to their unique achievements and achievement kits.

That doesn't mean to say that I agree with your idea. Your main reasoning for wanting different achievements is that they have "such different gameplay". I disagree with that for all team games except perhaps Cake Wars, due to the different map layout. The only differences in team SG, Skywars and SSM are that you have a teammate, which I don't think is different enough gameplay to require those gamemodes to have unique achievements and achievement kits. The reason the Champion achievements are shared between Dominate and Capture the Flag is that those two are very different gamemodes, and so it makes sense to have specific achievements for each of them. The teams variations of SG, Skywars and SSM are the exact same gamemode, so having to add completely different achievements for what are essentially identical games is unnecessary and would probably result in some low-quality achievements (and achievement kits).

Posted Jan 20, 2020
    nolawn likes this.
  4. Sorry if I misinterpreted what exactly you're trying to convey. What I was trying to say is that the achievements would remain the same. There wouldn't be any new achievements for duos or solo alone. All that would change is if you win a game of solo, it only contributes to your solo achievements. Same with duos. I also believe trying to make entirely new achievements would result in some faulty or poor achievements and kits.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 20, 2020
  5. Hmm... I'm not sure what I think about this.

On the one hand, I see where you're coming from. You want to improve activity across both team mode and solo mode which makes sense. But I have to disagree.
    I simply don't see how making games count toward one or the other game mode promotes people to play on the other more. My guess is players will play whichever gamemode they like more and that's the end of it.
    I just don't see it going how you suggest. Most likely what will happen if you'll see 80% of the players' have stats in one category and not the other. Team modes require you to get friends online and play with them which is a lot more trouble than just playing the game themselves. This would only discourage people more in my opinion because without their friends, they would be playing with randoms who would hurt their stats more than help it. I've definitely had experience where I just don't play because none of my friends are online and I could easily see it translating to many others.

The only part of this thread that I would support is the splitting of stats, but only if there was an overall game category first, and then it could split off into the two sub-games. That would make sense to show which mode players specialize in more. But there would still be an overall stats for the game so anyone stalking stats could see the raw stats.

Lastly, I totally agree with adding this. I don't think it would require as much as a "revamp" as described above. If the player wanted to speak in normal chat, it would act normally. If the player wants to speak with team, the code would simply put a "#" before every single message. Same for party. Then lastly if a player wanted to speak in a Community, it would simply prefix the person's message with "/com chat %community% %message". This would be a simply way to add this functionally without needing to revamp the code completely.

Thanks,
    Mr. Wiz_Techno

Posted Jan 20, 2020