• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7233 Players Online
  • 4343 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Increase /thank Usage

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Paladise, Aug 13, 2020.

1. In my opinion, /thank is a rarely-used command due to the fact that you can only thank another player once per day. On top of that, if you thank an amplifier through the chat, you are unable to thank another player as that counts as a thank. To make /thank more widely-utilized, I propose allowing players to thank 50 different players per day. This means that they would be able to get 750 shards per day in thank rewards, and in doing so will hopefully make Mineplex players bond more closely together.

Posted Aug 13, 2020
  2. Hey there!

I do agree that the /thank command is rarely ever used, and I do believe it should be changed into something better. The fact you can only use /thank once a day and if you thank an amplifier it counts is not a good way to do it in my opinion. I don't believe you should be able to thank someone 50 times a day... but I believe the ability to /thank someone should be a lot more then just once. I was thinking maybe 10 times but it shouldn't be on the same person, all 10 times should be on a different person. I believe this is a great change and it would help spread the use of the /thank command overall. I really enjoy this and would love to see it be implemented in the future, great suggestion! Thanks for the idea. +1

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Aug 13, 2020
    mcckaay, ItsFree, Polar8 and 2 others like this.
  3. I agree with this idea as well! I think 50 times is too many, because you still have the amplifiers on top of that, and even tho the thank would only even out to 750 each day, that adds up pretty quickly. Maybe a smaller number, however? Like 25-30 maybe. I agree with Camull as well in saying that they should be towards different players each time. I don't see why this could be a bad idea, so I'll give a +1 on the idea!

Posted Aug 13, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  4. I haven't used the command in quite some time as I don't really see the point honestly. Being able to use the command more than once would hopefully encourage players to use the feature more and increase awareness. What makes Mineplex the server it is, is the community. Little features like this are a perfect example of how important the community is to Mineplex. Being able to show more appreciation to other players is so nice and can bring some joy to peoples day even if it is a small favour. I also don't see any issues with the shards because it's such a small amount anyway.

I definitely agree that 50 times is a bit much per day. Around 10-20 would be a perfect number, otherwise it becomes meaningless if you can thank so many players every day.

Posted Aug 13, 2020
    Legend998 likes this.
  5. Hey!

I definitely agree with where you are coming from with this.

I just wanted to add that /thank seems to be glitched right now - even if you haven't used /thank itself, thanking an amplifier in game or via the chat message counts as your daily /thank use. In other words, unless you don't thank any amplifiers or you do /thank upon first logging on for the day, this command simply doesn't work saying that you've already used it for that day. This shouldn't be happening, and hopefully is being looked into to be fixed.

That aside, more uses a day sounds like it makes sense. This command is so underused and it desperately needs more encouragement for the player base to actually consider using. I feel as though 50 times a day is too much - not only the reward amount is insane, it's fairly ridiculous to thank 50 people a day. I agree with others that 10-20 a day seems like a much more reasonable, fitting amount.

Concerns aside, this is definitely a +1 from me! I love it as it does seem to make this nice command that no one uses more viable in the future.

Let me know if you have any questions/comments!
    Thanks for sharing,
    ~ Bobert / Erik

Posted Aug 13, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  6. I almost forgot about this option!
    I can think of two solutions:
    1. Delete it, since it doesn't really do much, is not necessary, and gives very few benefits (shards)
    2. Increase the number of shards you get - I think it's better than being able to use /thank 20 times per day... I mean -Who's going to type the same command 20 times during one day!? I'd rather type it 5 times.
    5x200shards (number of shards is just an example) > 20x50shards (number of shards is just an example)

One thing for sure - /thank has a big potential and we shouldn't waste it!
    +1

Posted Aug 13, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  7. I agree that /thank is rarely ever used; I barely ever use it myself. However, I do like your proposal for the command. Being able to use it multiple times per day would definitely increase the amount of people using it, as the amount of shards you would be able to get per day would increase. I do agree, however, that 50 is a bit much - I'd imagine no one would really be needing to use it that much per day. Others have stated above that 10-20 sounds reasonable, and I'd have to agree there. That's about the average amount of people you could thank that you come across per day. Overall, +1 to this, great idea!

Posted Aug 13, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  8. Hi, I just like to let you know there's an approved mod what allows you to do something called "Auto-Thank". It automatically thanks everything for you. And I do agree that something should be done server side rather than the mods having to do everything for you.

Plex mod link: https://www.mineplex.com/groups/plex-mod.115/

Posted Aug 13, 2020
  9. Helloooo

Yeah, like many others have said above me, I really like the thank feature and wish it was able to be used more often. Sometimes I don't thank the amplifiers just so I'll be able to use /thank on someone. It's a really neat feature and I definitely think it deserves some more love. 50 is a bit too high, maybe like 5 or 10 would be a nice amount, and not too many shards. Getting 750 shards each day just from using /thank would be a bit too much in my opinion. All in all, I would for sure use the command more often if it were accessible after thanking an amplifier or using it once. It also is a nice little thing to use on your friends and both parties gain a small reward for it. Great suggestion with a few tweaks here and there! Thanks for sharing :)

Posted Aug 13, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  10. Hey!

Like everyone else above me said, I do think /thank should be able to be used more often. It is a really cool feature. This command is something I feel is not used enough and should be used more often. I do think that being able to do it 50 times is a bit too much. I think something like 5 to 15 times would be acceptable. Anyways I hope to see this suggestion be added! Thank you for suggesting. +1

Posted Aug 14, 2020
    Paladise likes this.