• 4227 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11922 Players Online
  • 7695 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Increase the Maximum Level

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by NoHacksJustGavin, Jan 11, 2020.

?

What should the maximum Level be?

1. 200

5 vote(s)
    6.6%
  2. 300

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 500

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 800

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1000

10 vote(s)
    13.2%
  6. Stay as is

61 vote(s)
    80.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys. I think the maximum level should be increased because the maximum level being 100 is boring. This would bring more players back because they would be able to do more challenges. Of course, Mineplex is supposed to be challenging, so why not make Mineplex more challenging.

What do you guys think the maximum level should be? Leave a comment down below to answer.

Posted Jan 11, 2020
    20LeeBrian1, tamman2005 and IsWater like this.
  2. Dude, you're barely 10% of the way to level 100, why are you looking to increase it?

Posted Jan 11, 2020
    Blahh_, Akz, FluteVegetables and 2 others like this.
  3. This is a cool idea in theory, however many people who are already level 100 (who would be impacted by this the most) have already got enough xp to instantly get to the increased level limit unless it was made ridiculously high. The only way to make this work so far as level 100s have something else to work towards, the current xp they have gained over level 100 would have to be ignored which people might not be pleased with.

Posted Jan 11, 2020
    Im_Ken and JMPhase like this.
  4. Hey.

I don’t really like this idea. Basically, it’s already ridiculously hard to get to level 100. It takes hours of grinding and hard work to even get close. The people that have made it worked tirelessly in order to get to level 100 and like @Xukuwu said it’s not fair to rip away their hard work and expect them to try for something bigger again. Although having a larger target could be more fun in theory, it would be very hard to reach this level and it would get rid of a lot of the fun that leveling up comes with in the first place.

Also, none of the numbers you listed would work for this. Level 100 makes sense because if we’re talking percentage 100% is the max. Just the number itself sort of sounds right for a big achievement. The only number that does make sense like this is 1000, which is ridiculous considering it’s with the same leveling system we have now. I really don’t think there’s any way this idea could work, but thanks for thinking of it!

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  5. Actually, I'm level 45, and the max level should be increased because a lot of players are level 100.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 11, 2020
    tamman2005 likes this.
  6. I disagree with increasing the maximum level. As others said, achieving level 100 is a serious accomplishment because it can take years of grinding to get there. Raising the maximum level would cause players with level 100 to feel that there is still more to achieve, reducing the sense of accomplishment that players with level 100s have. I understand that being level 100 could seem boring since there would be nothing to aim for, but they can still go for accomplishments such as obtaining all cosmetics, climbing up the experience leaderboard, etc.

I believe the user is referring to how the total experience needed to achieve level 45 is about 10% of the total exp necessary to get level 100. See here for more information.

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  7. It takes a very long time to reach level 100. I have been playing for 1 year for 1-2 hours every day and I am only lvl 27. Now that could just mean I am bad at games lol. But the amount of time you got to dedicate to reach lvl 100 is quite significant. Lvl 100 is a good max lvl in my opinion.

Posted Jan 11, 2020
    tamman2005 and JMPhase like this.
  8. Took me 5 years of actively playing (at least an hour or two a day for the most part) and 102 Days of IGT to hit lvl100. And that's with me cheesing the last 7 or 8 levels or so from A51. No more lvls pls.

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  9. Like everyone else above I also disagree. Aside from just being a nice number to end things on level 100 is hard enough as is. I've played more than 2000 hours on Mineplex and still haven't reached it (pretty close though). Anymore and reaching the maximum is just gonna feel impossible.

Also you're only level 45. It's pretty unlikely you'll hit level 100 anytime soon, so don't even worry about it.

Posted Jan 11, 2020
    Xukuwu likes this.
  10. level 45 isnt even 11% of the way to100 wdym actually im 45

Posted Jan 11, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  11. Level 45 is 45% of the way to level 100

OP OP
  12. gavin, technically you’d be correct if all levels needed the same xp to get, however that’s not how it works. for example, level 1 needs like 2000 xp to get or something. now, compare that to how much xp you need to get level 40, which is 47k (i think). the amount of xp you will need for each level keeps going up, making it harder to achieve. therefore, your statement is wrong

Posted Jan 11, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 11, 2020
    tamman2005 likes this.
  13. Level 45 is 10% of the way to level 100.

With that said, coming from someone who has gotten level 100 on both java and bedrock within the last 5 years, and founder/manager of the level 100 community for 2 years, this is not what the level 100's need. While I will say there is a lot of level 100's right now, 672 legit ones to be exact, adding more levels is something that would greatly annoy those who already worked towards achieving it and those who just started going for it. If I had joined the server, and I'm around level 20, making the level cap to something higher will take me years and will be demotivating. People like to see their level go up because they want to max it out. It took me 3 years to get level 100, adding more levels would mean it takes people even longer. That is severely demotivating, especially if you're close to achieving it right now.

Adding more levels isn't the right thing to change. Especially with the cause of "there are too many". Getting level 100 is challenging already, with the games barely giving a lot of exp and it requiring 10 million to get it. No one would come back if the level cap was raised, it would push the ones who currently play away due to it being an outlandish goal that people would be demotivated to go for. Just don't touch levels, they're fine as it is.

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  14. Oh, thanks for correcting me. Level 45 really is 10% to 100, but what if all levels require 30,000 XP to upgrade?

OP OP
    tamman2005 likes this.
  15. I've seen similar suggestions in the past, and I can see both sides of it. Increasing the maximum level theoretically is a strong incentive to keep players who have already reached level 100 working toward a goal, but realistically, I presume that it would be highly demotivating to those who have already dedicated so much time and effort to achieving it. Even for those who are a considerably high level like myself (level 71), I'm sure they want to eventually be able to hit the top level for personal achievement and to allow others to see that accomplishment, and increasing that top level to something like 200 would put it so out of reach for those who are either working toward it or are closing to hitting it. And, assuming we kept in proportion with the exponentially increasing amount of experience needed to reach level 100 (found here), it would take tens of millions of experience to be able to reach a level 200. Just multiplying the experience needed to reach level 100 from level 99 (295,000) by 100 (the numbers of levels gotten from subtracting 100 from 200), you're looking at 30,000,000 experience needed to reach it, which is three times the amount it takes to reach level 100. That's not even considering the increase of about 5,000 experience for each level as it continues to build up. It simply wouldn't work out statistically. I wouldn't be as eager to work toward level 100 if I saw that the top level was suddenly increased substantially.

I can't see this working out. Even if we took the total amount of experience required to reach level 100 (10,672,500) and divided it by 100 to equally distribute it to all levels, that would still be 106,725 experience required per level. We wouldn't want to make the levels after level 100 easier to obtain than the levels leading up to it, since we would want to keep it uniform with our current system. It would also be counterproductive to try to even them out now when we already have tons of players who have reached level 100. I'm personally a fan of the fact that more and more experience is required to reach each level, as it allow players to feel more and more accomplishment as they continue to rank up each time.

Sure, there's the option of setting a lower level such as 110 or 150 that would be much more reasonable experience-wise, but that number doesn't look as organized and neat as something simple such as level 100. I think, for something like this, it's much better to keep the top levels in multiples of 100. Besides, level 100 looks the nicest since it would still be somewhat odd to stop the levels at a number such as 200 or 300. That's why I'd prefer to leave the levels themselves as is.

While I'm not in agreement with this suggestion, I certainly wouldn't be against some sort of prestige system for levels. Essentially, prestige will allow players to work toward more levels, but those "higher levels" won't be demeaning toward the achievement they already made in reaching level 100. They would ultimately be starting over with level 1, but with some sort of badge or icon that displays next to it in chat that symbolizes that they've already reached level 100 so that they're not confused with a normal level 1 player. This would allow them to keep playing and working toward something on their own accord, without stripping away the huge accomplishment they already made or pressuring them into working toward the next top level.

Posted Jan 11, 2020
    Im_Ken likes this.
  16. Hey, first off thank you so much for addressing a new idea! Sadly, I am going to have to disagree with this level change for various reasons:

I want to first off say you are not the first person who thought of this idea, there have been many other people who have had this similar idea, but sadly I do not see this happening. I personally think the idea of capping the level at 100 is perfectly fine as it takes incredible grinding each day for years just to reach this giant milestone. Now yes, it would be cool to see more levels as it would be something different and more to grind, but I personally do not see this happening because 1) Mineplex has had this level cap for years with no intentions on changing it and 2) Some people have been grinding for a while to reach this Milestone and to all of a sudden change it would be very disheartening to some fellows

Still, thank you so much for the suggestions and that is my opinion on the whole scenario! Good luck!

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  17. Hey!
    I'm sadly going to give this idea a -1 from me. I think the maximum level should stay as it currently is due to the fact that Mineplex has pretty much always had the maximum level as 100, and there is nothing wrong with it.
    Good luck! :D

Posted Jan 11, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  18. No, since xp increases per level as you level up, halfway to 100 is 78 lol. 45 is like, 15% of the way there xd

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  19. Yes, this is what I mean xd

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  20. Then yes, you would be 45% to 100 lol

Posted Jan 11, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.