• 1214 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3793 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Increase the Maximum Level

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by NoHacksJustGavin, Jan 11, 2020.

?

What should the maximum Level be?

1. 200

5 vote(s)
    6.6%
  2. 300

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 500

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 800

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1000

10 vote(s)
    13.2%
  6. Stay as is

61 vote(s)
    80.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idea Processed

The general idea of adding levels above level 100 has been suggested before and it is planned for a future update. However, it's currently not a priority by the development team and will only get looked into when we plan a levels update. Since this idea is planned to get implemented in the future, I'll apply the "Processed" tag on this thread. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to message me!

Posted Jan 11, 2020
    (Inactive) tamman2005 likes this.
  2. hi, please do not change the maximum level. i beg you. i have already worked kinda hard to get level 40, and a bunch of sweats and tryhards also might have worked hard to get level 100. i don’t really want to see this happening. and if someone tried to achieve a higher level than 100, it would take too much xp. so, don’t change it. thanks.

edit: thanks a lot for the likes and support guys. i really appreciate it :)))

Posted Jan 12, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 17, 2020
    Jaek, KerbalBoy, Task and 5 others like this.
  3. Heyo!

I don't really see the need to make the level any higher. Reaching level 100 by its self is a massive achievement and very few are able to do it. As some have said, it is planned for the future and it's not a huge priority. Personally, I don't really see the need as players who are currently level 100 are fine with not adding any more levels. Anyways great idea but I just don't see the need!

Posted Jan 12, 2020
    Im_Ken and Crazyy_Tim like this.
  4. Heyo!

Cool idea, but I'm unfortunately going to have to disagree with you on this.

First off, reaching level 100 is a super hard achievement to do. It takes millions of xp and consumes a lot of your time trying to reach level 100. Secondly, level 100's won't feel satisfied anymore that they have reached the max level because they know they haven't. So I'm going to have to disagree with this idea. Thanks for suggesting it though!

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  5. Hey! I like the thought that went into your suggestion so I think it's worth evaluating.

I don't think there's a huge need to bump up the priority of this update, considering that Developers have something similar planned for the future. Level 100s have worked consistently to reach it and I have noticed that some mentioned it took as long as five years! Not that this is surprising, but generally speaking it is a decent chunk of time. I honestly can't see any of these players signing up for another 5-10 years of grinding XP. You could argue that they could take it easy and not worry about it too much, however I don't think this is the case as those who are level 100 are naturally driven so are going to strive to reach the next target. If this is not available to players which is the case now, then it won't have to be a cause for concern.

I can see your point of view yet I have to add that you would probably be more unbiased if you had reached level 100 yourself, or preliminarily gathered some opinions from these players. I would like to reach level 100 as it is the maximum level which exists at the moment and I have no particular desire to see that number increase tenfold and make my goal even harder to accomplish than it already seems. Some players may have reached level 100 yesterday and are breathing a sigh of relief so I don't think they'd ask for the same thing.

I can see this being very useful in a few years time, assuming that the server had a set playerbase (more or less) with most players' levels in the upper 75% quartile and considerably more people at level 100. For now, I don't think your idea is best suited at the moment, though I appreciate the thought that went into it!

Posted Jan 12, 2020
    ScarletBlood37 likes this.
  6. lol no
    level 78 is 50% to level 100
    the above user is right in saying that you’re barely 10% to level 100

Posted Jan 12, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 27, 2020
    Jaek likes this.
  7. I don’t believe increasing the Maximum Level is necessary, achieving level 100 is hard enough as it is, so in my own opinion the Maximum Level should remain the same.

Posted Jan 12, 2020
    (Inactive) tamman2005 likes this.
  8. As many said, adding additional levels would just make it frustrating for people who have already reached that milestone. I know that it requires a lot of grinding because I've been trying to get to level 60 and got it with the help of the double xp week. Without that, it probably would have taken a lot longer lol.
    Anyways, I see where you're coming from with this but many people disagree, including myself. Not only will it demotivate player from continuing to level up, but it will also make people who are already level 100 annoyed by the fact that they did all that grinding just to grind even more for additional levels. I understand that its boring once you do reach it, but reaching level 100 does give a lot of things, like having the option to change the color of your level, and many other rewards you can claim at Carl the Creeper. If those rewards still bore players, then they can try to get all achievements or complete Sam the Slime challenges. If that still bores the level 100 players, maybe adding something that gives them exclusive level 100 rewards after x amount of games played or x amount of something regarding a Mineplex games to keep them engaged, I don't know.
    I honestly don't think it's an issue at the moment, and don't think it will become one, so leaving the max level at 100 would be the way to go. Cool idea nonetheless.

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  9. I completely agree with this, I would love to see the maximum level increased so you could level up as far as you want if you work hard enough, and even decrease the amount of work it takes to level up significantly ( of course that means the people that are already a high level would be a even higher level”

this would make players feel like they are actually accomplishing things more often when they play and it would be really satisfying especially for the already level 100 players, reaching level 100 isn’t even that uncommon anymore you can go into any lobby and almost always see at least one level 100

I think if mineplex changed the cap infinitely and made it a lot easier to gain exp it could change the entire way players think and could even be a really cool competitive thing,

you could even make it so you only need like 100k xp every time to level up once, once you reach level 100 which isn’t that much at all and could probably be achieved through winning 75-100 games of SSM (yes that’s how I see things lol)

of course that would mean you would be seeing some crazy numbers in lobbies but I think that would only add to the fun!

imagine a Level Leaderboard and seeing the max player being level 1528 or something and people competing for the higher level it would add SO MUCH incentive to play!

it’s a +1 from me!

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  10. keep like this

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  11. Hello,

What I think of this is if we were to increase the level account to let's say 500, we'd have to make it easier to get to level 100 so that this level 500 would be actually achievable. Because if we make it too hard people won't ever reach the top level. Also bouncing off of what @Xukuwu said, it would be bad if we were to rip away all of these peoples hard work of spending hours in-game to get to level 100 and to say to get the luxury of the top level you have to grind that again all over again and I don't think anyone will be too happy.

I also don't really see a benefit towards adding more levels, I see as you can make it more "harder" or "challenging" but maybe it could be made too hard or too challenging which could make these levels impossible to achieve. Even if we did add more levels people could eventually give up and people do that sometimes and just leave which could actually happen so we don't want to do that.

Yours Sincerely,

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  12. -1 on this idea

I don't think this is necessary to implement because level 100 already took me 3 years and 4 months since the first login to finally achieve it. Increasing the maximum level will be less motivating for those who are already level 100 because they think leveling is finished when there is more. Personally for me, when I finally got the level I wanted, I no longer needed to spend hours just for XP or wasting my time irl. I like to describe it as level 100 being the end of all the stress built in to grind that much XP. Currently, I play with my friend group and grind stats / achievements so I can keep myself motivated today.

Posted Jan 16, 2020
  13. I don't think that this is a necessary addition to the game at this time. So many players have already reached level 100 and have continued to play on because it's what they enjoy doing. What would happen to those who have been level 100 for years but have continued to earn game time? Would their level automatically increase to what they've earned? The problem that I'm seeing with this is that it would be too difficult to determine who should be at what level if they've already added a ton of game time since reaching level 100. Reaching level 100 also involves years~ of game play. If a new maximum level were to be added, what would it be and how much experience would it take to reach it?

I've played games in which the maximum level of a certain skill was increased after already maxing it myself. To see it be raised so dramatically discouraged me to the point to where I stopped playing the game altogether. While this can be a motivator for some people, I know that there are others out there like myself. If a new maximum level were to be implemented, I'd suggest creating additional ways to gain experience to make reaching an extremely high level not feel as much like a grind to players that have already reached the maximum level of 100.

Posted Jan 16, 2020
  14. A better target for lvl 100s is to try getting more wins on their prefered game, instead of getting more xp. Level 100 is a good number to stop at. I think the people who voted for lvl 1000 were doing it for jokes lol.

Posted Jan 17, 2020
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  15. good to know the least accepted suggestion in mineplex history has been "processed" and is now planned for a future update.

don't do this mineplex, it doesn't have to be this way.

Posted Jan 23, 2020
    M4RK7000 likes this.
  16. How about make it to not have a limit so grinding never stops.I know that grinding for a specific milestone is always exciting but people who are level 100 probably got bored of the game because a huge part of mineplex is leveling up.

Posted Jan 26, 2020
  17. Personally, I think that level 100 is hard to get to enough as it is. Also, it would be unfair for the players who have already achieved the max level to have the get to another level. Maybe others could disagree, but that’s my opinion on this.

Posted Jan 26, 2020
    TheStudentUnion and DanTrains222 like this.
  18. Heyo!

Personally, I’m almost to level 100 on Bedrock and yet I still have a ton of xp left to go. Increasing the maximum level wouldn’t be fair to me or the current level 100s. There would be a ton of xp until level 1000 and I don’t like that idea. Simply stopping at level 100 is good enough for me, considering I haven’t even made it there yet. It would also be immensely hard on Java, since earning xp is a bit harder on there. It wouldn’t be fair to the level 100s either, since they’ve worked really hard to get there. I’d have to give this idea a -1.

~LT

Posted Jan 26, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  19. As several others have already stated, the maximum level should stay at 100. Current level 100s would most likely get angry over the maximum level being increased because they worked hard for achieving level 100. I know I would be unhappy with Mineplex if they raised the maximum level because I have put a plethora of time into reaching 100. Moreover, most community members who are not already level 100 yet would most likely not want more levels. This is because it is already hard enough to get level 100, and most community members do not want leveling up to be even more of a burden than it already is. From what I've witnessed and felt, the majority of the community wants the maximum level to remain 100. It is also a good number to stop at; 200, 300, 500, 800, and even 1000 do not look as good as the number 100, in my opinion.

For those of you saying that the maximum level should be increased due to level 100s getting bored of the server, there are still a multitude of methods for them to have fun on the server. For instance, players could grind a game they enjoy and reach the leaderboard for that game. I, myself, have done this; after I reached level 100 in August 2018, I grinded Bedrock Cake Wars and obtained the #1 position on the Cake Wars leaderboard. I continued to grind the game, and I was able to stay in first place for over a year before getting dethroned to #3. Grinding for leaderboards is fun, and it most definitely cures potential boredom for a level 100. And even if a player is level 100, but not competitve, they can still play games for fun and even record their gameplay. This could cause them to make a YouTube channel and still enjoy the server.

If Mineplex adds levels beyond 100, the overwhelming majority of the community would not be happy, and I feel like the server could lose a lot of players because of it. Getting to level 100 is already hard enough, so why should it be made harder for those devoted to playing on the server?

-Dan

Posted Jan 26, 2020
    M4RK7000, Blahh_, Dan1el and 2 others like this.
  20. even the mods said that this was a bad idea and yet it’s accepted??

Posted Jan 26, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.