• 246 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4207 Players Online
  • 3961 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Introduce 1.9+ Combat System

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Nyan0, Aug 5, 2021.

Tags:
?

New Combat System on Mineplex?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    17.9%
  2. No

31 vote(s)
    79.5%
  3. First try adding it as a parallel alternative to the existing system.

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. Hi,

my Idea: introduce 1.9+ Combat System. Shields, Cooldowns and everything.
    (Or as a middle ground: add 1.9+ PvP alternatives to each PvP-based game mode).

This idea is quite unpopular amongst the high level players on this server but hear me out. There are several potential upsides.

Pros:
    - Interesting gameplay: Attack cooldown vs damage trade-off, timing attacks and shield blocks. This is what every other Sword Fighting Game does.
    - No hacking: At least killaura hacking and fast clickers are instantly obsolete. This is the kind of hack most players get frustrated by.
    - A competitive advantage against other major servers (like Hypixel): You'd be the only ones offering new-style PvP. All the players preferring that system would strongly consider (re-)joining Mineplex.

Cons:
    - Some players, who are used to the old "click-spam", prefer the status quo.
    - It would require development effort

I will post a poll along this, but keep in mind: The people voting in the poll have a forum account on Mineplex. This tends to be the people invested in the server and will not include the people, who avoid playing on this server due to the present lack of this new combat system.

Posted Aug 5, 2021
    Mr.KOCMOC likes this.
  2. I dont play on java, so this is the stuff that j am used to. If I were to ever get Java, id prefer this, as technique and strategy are more interesting then spamming clicks

Posted Aug 5, 2021
    Nyan0 likes this.
  3. All I'm going to say is; 1.9+ combat does not make kill aura obsolete. Most clients can toggle between both combat systems. Kill aura will still exist. Not to mention that kill aura is mostly never used on its own and the majority of the time is used simultaneously with bhop, which is already impractical to try to fight off with spam clicking as it is; to time perfect, 1.9 combat hits on bhop kill aura users is impossible.

Posted Aug 5, 2021
  4. That shouldn't be a problem, as long as they do this as the same time as the new anticheat

Posted Aug 5, 2021
  5. Yeah I feel like that would be an interesting and somewhat beneficial addition to Mineplex.

As you mention the Pro's and Cons, there will be some people that disagree with the new update and will most likely quit. But as you mention there are more pros than cons. In my opinion I feel like if Mineplex were to have a 1.9+ Pvp system, all the players who play 1.8 on the server will be excited due to this completely new and different update, and therefore will want to give it a go.

This is really nice because there's a chance that the player / players who are trying out the new 1.9+ PvP system on Mineplex will really enjoy it and therefore be encouraged to support the sever more.

But there will always be players that are unhappy and therefore dislike the new update.

This is a nice thread, hope your day is going well. Bye bye

Posted Aug 5, 2021
    Nyan0 and CatFan105 like this.
  6. no

Posted Aug 6, 2021
    90k likes this.
  7. I personally highly disagree with this, yes it may bring some new players but it’s also going to cause a lot of players to leave the server

Posted Aug 6, 2021
  8. As a 1.9 pvp player I would love to see mineplex update past 1.8.9 in the future. However, there would have to be a plugin, that converts 1.9 pvp into 1.8 pvp so at least there is some 1.8 pvp still left. I know a lot of people don't like how complicated the new pvp system is and I completely understand that, it would take a while to get used to it. It took me awhile to get used to it but I got the hang of it. I do respect other players beliefs on pvp and their opinions are fine. So Im neutral on this.

Anyways take care! :P

Posted Aug 6, 2021
  9. ill actually dip if they put in 1.9 pvp fr

Posted Aug 6, 2021
  10. I like the idea of 1.9+ PvP style and how it can actually be more competitive afterall. However, if this is introduced right now it won't do well in my opinion because 1.8 PvP style is still popular. I would recommend adding this once 1.8 PvP dies out though. But again 1.8 PvP will take some time to actually die out (or at least that's how I think, but you never know).

Posted Aug 6, 2021
  11. Killaura, bhop, auto clickers, etc. will still be a problem. The only thing 1.9 can stop is left click auto clickers, because you can still auto click right click.

Cubecraft exists lol.

Posted Aug 6, 2021
  12. cubecrsft pvp is boring though, there's really no point besides killing people

Posted Aug 6, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  13. No. Personally, I don't think this should be added. Let me explain why;

First off, most players on Mineplex mostly play regularly and are used to 1.8 PvP. Some players have been using 1.8 PvP ever since they started Minecraft, which can go back years. Imagine being a player who is used to 1.8 PvP. They play Mineplex, log off, get on the next day and they introduced 1.9 PvP. Who would sit here and learn an entirely different PvP system. Why would you do that, when instead you can go to other servers and play with the PvP system you already know and use? That would just make Mineplex worse.

Now, you said another way to do this; make an alternative for 1.9 PvP gameplay. This would also not work. First, look at where the network is now. It very rarely passes 1000 players on at once. Most of the time I see it around 600-700 players on. Sure, players will come check the new alternative for 1.9 PvP out, but there is no guarantee to stay. After all, there are many servers who offer 1.9 PvP, some being quite more popular than Mineplex. With having an alternative for 1.9 PvP gameplay also has another problem, which is development. I know AlexTheCoder is in the process of hiring more developers, at least what he said himself, but still. The development team is already split into two, Bedrock and Java. Why split it further? Because if you added an alternative, you would need Bedrock, Java 1.8 and Java 1.9 developers in the development team. I just don't get why we should add an alternative.

Sure, it could be made temporary, see how it goes, and if it doesn't go well, we remove it, and if it goes well, put it into the entire network. But again, that makes another problem. Let's take this down three different paths. The first path is that 1.9 does well. There are quite a few players playing the 1.9 version, and the development team decides to make a risk and put the 1.9 PvP system into the network, and removing the 1.8 PvP system. That would make problems worse for Mineplex, as now you see so many 1.8 players leaving Mineplex and joining other servers. That would make problems worse. Second path, 1.8 and 1.9 are doing equally the same, and decide to keep both. That would make quite a few problems as I discussed in my previous paragraph. The final path is that some 1.9 players join and play it, but 1.8 is doing a lot better, deciding to get rid of 1.9 PvP. That would make 1.9 PvP players mad and leave again, returning the network into its previous state, or worse, because of their use of development. So again, this would also not work.

Now, to discuss your Pro's and Con's (I will try to keep this short as I already made this post quite long):

Sure, other Sword Fight Games might use this, but this is Minecraft. If you play Minecraft, I hope you understand this is different from your classic Sword Fighting Game. It may provide interesting gameplay to some, but it could be boring and even frustrating to people who use 1.8 PvP.

I'm sure people can find different alternatives for 1.9 PvP. But also again, there are many other hacks that could destroy your game, including BHop, Scaffold, Reach, just to name a few.

Like a couple others have said, other servers have 1.9 PvP, so it is not a competitive advantage against other major servers when other servers already have it.

So in reality, implementing a 1.9 PvP System, whether it is implemented permanently right away, used as a permanent alternative, or as a temporary alternative as a test run, it wouldn't work overall. So, -1.

Posted Aug 6, 2021
  14. Agreed, but 1.8 PvP is slowly dying out if you don't notice it. I can already see Minecraft players slowly start using 1.9 PvP.

J A V A -_-

Posted Aug 7, 2021
  15. Don't think it'll be happening
    [​IMG]

Posted Aug 7, 2021
  16. I agree, and with the people that say hacking will still happen, well duh. This is mineplex, what did you expect, a reasonable ammount of hackers?

So the cons are some of the 600 or so players might leave, and the devs have to do their job?

It is more interesting, and i think more fun.
    As you said, there will be people that dont like it. Duh. Second, as i said above, wow 200 people might leave for a chance to revive the server? Not a hard trade.

Same thing i said twice. Geez you commenters are very uncreative, what happend while i was gone?
    So update then revert all the changes it made? Why update then?
    It will be popular forever, nothing to do about that. At least this way we can use this as a half step towards updating when the full release of the combat testing things comes out.
    Very true, we need players. And as i said above AGAIN, we might lose people, whatever. Read my above reply's.

Posted Aug 7, 2021
    Nyan0 and CatFan105 like this.
  17. *ahem* ew 1.9 pvp

Not only did so many people hate the pvp on release, they still do today and keep praying they'll change it back to how it used to be with 1.8. It just won't take as much skill, if any skill at all, to use a sword or any weapon in minecraft if you do 1.9 pvp. I don't even think it's any fun either to try and time or get it perfect when your sword comes back up. I'd rather be spam clickin away and jumpin or whatever instead of being meticulous, tedious and slow. Let me do damage at a high rate in case I'm fighting a bunch of people too. I really wish I just had words to say about how much 1.9 pvp is awful.

Posted Aug 7, 2021
    chrris, venez. and SpitefulNick like this.
  18. If it is slowly dying, it has to be dying at a very, VERY slow pace. I haven't noticed 1.8 PvP dying, and like Marzie said above, so many people hated the new PvP when it was released. So I don't know if you have seen 1.8 PvP dying, but I haven't.

Posted Aug 7, 2021
  19. What exactly makes spamming better then actually timing things?

Posted Aug 7, 2021
    Nyan0 likes this.
  20. 1.9 PvP can be so annoying. You have to wait a second or so to do another hit that does damage, which can get really annoying. 1.8 on the other hand is just clicking as fast as you can which is a lot easier than just doing one click every second.

Posted Aug 7, 2021