• 383 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5625 Players Online
  • 5242 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Introduction - _MightySaammm / Samir

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sammie, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Hello everyone!

My name is Samir but you can call my Sam because it is easier, i am currently 17 years old and i will turn 18 in June! I live in Belgium more specific in Antwerpen and have a sister who is 25 years old. I doubt anyone will know me but i have been playing on Mineplex since 2016 or earlier on my old Minecraft accounts, i never made a forums account because i spent all my time playing on Cubecraft but no i decided to spend more time in this Community since i have met some really nice people over here! Beside Minecraft i spend most of my time with friends or football because i enjoy tons of sports and like to hang out with friends. I am also interested in becoming a content creator because it seems a challenge for me to get every milestone such as 1k subs, 5k subs and so on, it also looks really fun to entertain people because that is also something where i am good at in my opinion, i like to make jokes and always try to be funny but i am not. ((: I really hope Mineplex will become big again like they used to be since i really enjoy Mineplex and i also love watching old video's about Mineplex. The games i love on this server are Survival Games and Microbattles so you mostly find me there.

If you're interested in adding me on discord, my discord is Sammie#8599
    Hopefully i will get to know everyone a bit better and maybe become friends!
    - Samir

Posted Mar 20, 2021
    maevestarbaby, Ryan9116 and yvuggu like this.
  2. Heya Sam! It was very nice to read more about your in your introduction! To quickly introduce myself, my name is Amg! I'm 19 years old and I'm from the United States. I'm a Cross-Platform Staff Member here on Mineplex and moderate for both the Java and Bedrock platforms. (Java being my main platform) - I'm also a Forum Management Assistant and work directly under our Forum Management Team. My job is to moderate the forums and help assist in creating the best forums experience for all users! With that being said, I would like to formally welcome you to our Website! If you haven't done so already, I would suggest thoroughly reading over the Website Rules and the Forum Guidelines. The Website Rules outlines what type of behavior is not allowed while using our Website, whereas the Forum Guidelines outlines what behavior is expected while using the forums. (Whether that being while replying to a thread and/or making one.) - If you have already read over both, awesome!

I would like to continue my response by wishing you an early happy birthday! 18 is such a big milestone in ones life, so early congrats on becoming an Adult! I find it really cool that you live in Belgium. It's an absolutely beautiful country and I would love to visit someday when traveling becomes safer. Like yourself, I have been playing Mineplex for quite some time now, but I actually joined the community/network back in 2014. In my several years of playing on Mineplex, I have had my fair share of breaks, but I officially returned to the Network last year. A random fact about me is that I was actually Staff back in 2016/2017, and I'm not too sure if you remember me or had seen me around, but yeah! I do have to agree with you - In my time of playing here, Staffing and just being apart of the general community, I have met so many nice people here on the server, and it's awesome to read that your experience has been just as great as mine has been! Outside of Mineplex my hobbies include art, photography, listening to music, watching Netflix, working out, spending quality time with friends/family and of course playing other video games. It's awesome to read that you hope to become a Content Creator and I wish you the best of luck with your content! If you happen to record some Mineplex content and would like to share it here on the Forums, you're more than welcome to showcase your video in the YouTube Video Showcase Sub-Forum! On the server, you'd most likely find me playing Speed Builders, Survival Games or Nano. (Those games are my favorite in that order) - It was again, nice to read more about you in your introduction and if you see me around in-game, be sure to say hello!

Posted Mar 21, 2021
  3. Hi Sam and welcome to the forums.

Firstly, happy early birthday!! I hope you have an amazing birthday when it comes around. I'm glad to hear you've been playing on the server for a while and have had a good time. I've also been playing Mineplex for years but played on and off for about 2 years. I used to play a ton back when I was 11-12 years old, but now I'm back at 15. Outside of Mineplex, I don't do a lot, especially since coronavirus. I used to hang out with friends pretty often, but now not so much. It's great to hear you're interested in sports. I don't enjoy sports so much, they scare me. I wouldn't want to get hit in the face or something haha. I've always been scared of my teeth being knocked out (not sure why). I do like badminton though. It's super fun, but I rarely ever play. Anyway, if you're feeling up to being a content creator I say go for it! Also, good luck and I hope you go far with it. If you end up playing Cake Wars or Nano Games you'll probably see me around, have a good one!

Posted Mar 21, 2021
    Sammie likes this.
  4. Hey Sam!

Welcome to the forums! Like others have recommended, you should read over the rules to familiarise yourself. My name is Caleb, I'm 16 years old and I'm from Ireland. You're lucky to have your eighteenth birthday coming up soon - that's your first shot at independence! I feel like I always want to be at least a year older no matter what age I am, for example I can't wait to be your current age so that I can get my driver's license. I have two brothers, Simeon and Seth, who are 14 and 10 years old respectively. The youngest one is obsessed with both cars and memes, so his presence can be exhausting sometimes while he goes off on a tangent about those. I get on well with both of my brothers though, and the rest of my family, but I'm still excited to get out into the real world. In my spare time I like hanging out with friends, listening to music, playing games and doing watersports during summertime.

I've been part of Mineplex since 2014. The date of my first punishment is March 2014, so I go by that because I have no real way of telling when I actually joined. I spent most of my days back then quietly exploring the network and playing games like Draw My Thing, Dragon Escape, and Dragons. I got more into Mineplex when I'd watch YouTubers play on the server and try out different games, which I'd then later develop an interest in. I developed more of a community presence when I returned after one of my hiatuses in December 2019. I got more involved with players and posted on the forums, like I used to do on the Enjin platform years before. I was even staff from March - December of last year, which was a great experience.

Best of luck with becoming a content creator! That was an ambition of mine when I was 11 years old and thought I could make it big with low quality, Bandicam-recorded videos playing Dragon Escape with questionable commentary. I admire anyone who actually has the natural flair for being a content creator, so I think that's a goal you should definitely try achieve if you're cut out for it.

It was nice to learn more about you! I don't play SG or Micro Battles as much as I used to, but I might run into you again on the forums if you choose to stay active here. I noticed your thread on what can be done about Mineplex, so I presume you will. Thanks for sharing your introduction and see you around!

Posted Mar 21, 2021
    Sammie likes this.
  5. Hey there Sam!

Another OG player, huh? Well welcome to the forums! Honestly, the forums are a pretty fun place to hang out, I'm here all the time. I don't play on the server a lot anymore, but I guess since I still come to the forums I'm still kinda active. Well hey, I'm 17 years old as well but I turn 18 in August. And having an older sibling sounds awesome, unfortunately I have to be the oldest in my family. Oh well, I love my brother anyways. And good luck on becoming a content creator. I think that's a pretty cool thing to do, I've tried it myself, but I'm not great at it. I have a YouTube account that I upload on very infrequently and the videos are bad. But hey, I just do it for fun and I think that's the most important thing. If you're good at it and having fun, that's even better, and good luck on reaching your milestones. And as for your last point, I also hope that Mineplex becomes big again. I played it a lot back in 2015 and it was so much fun.

Posted Mar 23, 2021