• 478 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6928 Players Online
  • 6450 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Introduction - MarkTheNub

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MARKTHENUB™, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Hello there,
    I have been seeing a lot of introduction posts lately, and I honestly enjoy reading them a lot, so I thought I would make one of my own.

Some of you might already know me, as I have been a part of the community for more than 6 years at this point, but to those of you who don't; my username is MarkTheNub but everyone calls me Mark (I don't remember why I named myself MarkTheNub, but that name has stuck with me through all those years so I never really changed it for longer than a month).
    In case you might be interested, here are some interesting facts about me:

1. I am a member of the Translations Team on Mineplex, which is a Community+ subteam in charge of translating all kinds of Mineplex related stuff to different languages. I am originally from Serbia but I speak quite fluent Croatian so that is the language that I translate as a part of the subteam. If you wish to learn more about this team or perhaps apply yourself, please take a look at this thread ( https://www.mineplex.com/threads/translations-team-information.112933/ ) that was made by Tobias, as it contains all necessary information regarding the Translations Team. I have enjoyed my time on this team a lot so far as everyone involved is kind, warm and very friendly.

2. I am one of the only 5 people (last time I checked there were only 5, I could be wrong) that has collected every single currently available achievement on the Mineplex network, with my total achievement count being 173.

3. I have 2454 wins in Gladiators, which places me second on the wins leaderboard for Java Mineplex.

4. My main games on the server have always been Ultra Hardcore and Gladiators, as I was a very competitive player in the past and the Old Ultra Hardcore was the kind of game where you could always improve your strategy and meet new people. I met a lot of people in Old UHC that I still talk to to this very day even though it has been around 5 years since it was removed. Gladiators is a mini-game I have always found very interesting and fun as it helped me a lot in improving my pvp skills and understanding of the game.

5. I was a member of one of the Bridges Competitive League's original teams, which went by the name of Limitless, along with other players that you might recognize: StoneColdKiller, MrThijs007, Nitroh, BlondSpock, xTyler, Yunyi, YouGotRektByMe, Sculleh, SophiaRose, Snowflake, CjhCarter, _Attack_, Hardway, xGravity, Rowteh and xLouis. I wasn't on the team at the same time as some of the listed people, however, I think that everyone on the list contributed to the team and that Limitless was, for a period of time, one of the best Bridges teams in the league.

6. I am currently 18 years old and I plan on enlisting into a Law University in a few months, as I have finished a law-business high school.

7. I haven't always been the most upstanding member of the Mineplex community or the friendliest person to hang out with. There were many factors that contributed to this in the past, however, I consider myself to be a better, friendlier kind of person that respects everyone on the server and wants to play and spend time with whoever is interested. If I left a bad impression on you all those years ago, please reach out and we can talk about it as I wouldn't want anyone to think of me as the kind of person that I was in the past, but rather the kind of person that I currently am.

8. I am amongst the first 100 level 100s on the server, and I am pretty sure that I take the 97th spot on this list. I achieved level 100 around the middle of February in 2017.

I consider this to be everything that I wanted to mention in this post, thank you for taking the time to read this and, please, if you would want to talk sometimes or play some games on Mineplex please add me on discord (MarkTheNub#0001) as I would be more than happy to meet new people to talk to and play with.

Posted Jun 14, 2021,
    Last edited Jun 14, 2021
    WowCaleb, Anna., Tanish_ and 7 others like this.
  2. Hey there, nice to meet you. I believe we've bumped into each other a few times whilst on the forums, you're always super helpful and often answer any questions before staff even see the thread. It's nice to get to know a bit more about you, we should definitely play some games together when we're both online ^^

You've got some really impressive achievements on Mineplex, I can't even begin to imagine how much time you've spent working your way up to them. Do you have any other Mineplex goals you're aiming for or anything else you want to try do on the Network?

Posted Jul 6, 2021
  3. Wow you certainly have achieved a lot on Mineplex that is for sure. But great to learn more about you! :D

Posted Jul 6, 2021
  4. Hey Mark!

It was wonderful having you on the Translations Team. You always did your projects extremely quickly with little to no mistakes! I've heard great things from Twingle and Lejla about you. I really hope to have you back on the team very soon!
    As for your high school experience, we have very similar goals! I want to study business in the future which goes hand in hand with law. Sadly, I didn't have an opportunity to go to a business school as you did :(.
    You're an honourable friend and I hope to see you around more. :D

Posted Jul 8, 2021
  5. That’s a lot of information you’re a pretty good member of the community

Posted Jul 8, 2021
  6. Hey!

It's definitely nice to get to know more about you! I've seen you around a lot both in-game and on the forums so I enjoyed getting to learn a bit more about your background here. I hear a lot of great things about the Translation Team and definitely do admire the work that they do for the network. You have a lot of super impressive achievements here at Mineplex (many of which I still have a long way to go to accomplish haha) and I can only imagine how much effort and dedication went into all of that. I've been here at Mineplex for more than six years now and on the staff team for approximately ten and a half months thus far, and you'll normally find me playing SSM, CW, DE, and a variety of other games if I am not in a lobby or on the forums. I too am actually on subteams, those being the Content Creator Council, Forum Management Assistance, and Reports Patrol. As always, you're more than welcome to say hello or shoot any questions my way if you need any assistance regarding anything and I'd be happy to help!

Thanks for sharing!

Posted Jul 9, 2021
  7. Hey, nice to meet you!

Reading through that introduction, I can see your dedication and skill towards Mineplex as a whole. I don't think I have met anyone yet that has done all the achievements so that itself is a pretty insane feat to have, and I commend you for it. Furthermore, being one of the first level 100s is also another feat to be proud of, so I commend you for that as well. I also thank you for your work being a member of the Translations team, and I hope to see you around in game more and have a conversation!

Posted Jul 9, 2021