• 1040 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6348 Players Online
  • 5308 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Introduction: Thenorn

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Thenorn, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Hey everyone, just thought I'd re-introduce myself real quick since I've been more active on here recently.

My name is Thenorn (not "the norn", but you can call me Norn like the majority of people does), and I'm sort of a veteran, although not quite, having been part of the server since June 2015. In these five and a half years, I haven't been active for at least two in total, although I've always been close to the server and the people here. I also spent one year in total as a staff member, in two spells that lasted from June to December 2017 and from October 2019 to last April. Both times I resigned against my will due to unfortunate life events. I have only recently mentally recovered from the feeling of incompetence and isolation that marked my struggle with online school last spring, but the good news is that I've balanced out my life a bit more and thus, I'm performing better in school once more while devoting my time to hobbies, one of which is Minecraft and Mineplex.

I have returned to Mineplex primarily to do some things I haven't done before. Those of you who were around on Youtube a few days ago might remember these words: Memento mori. I've decided to make the most out of the time I have left, and I want to fill it with memories of happiness and new experiences.

My main characteristics can be defined by my MBTI personality type, the INFP, but I will describe them anyway in short. I'm a somewhat private but caring person who is most of the time preoccupied by various daydreams and scenarios - kind of like a real life Don Quixote. I have a strong imagination which I do not always manage to express the way I would like to. Still, I describe myself as an artistic person and my most common ways of expression are poetry, short stories and more recently, music (orchestral/cinematic + electronic).

Some semi-interesting facts about me:
    • I cannot do small talk. I'm not inherently bad at socializing, I just struggle with talking about everyday topics. However, this is the reason why I have no friends in school. One of my biggest fears is "running out" of things to talk about, aka becoming boring to someone.
    • I'm talented at math, but I wasted the potential being the lazy couch potato I am.
    • Speaking of which, I'm a night owl. @scarlet says my sleep schedule is bad.
    • My favorite artists are U2 and The Beatles for rock, Depeche Mode for early electronic music, David Chappell for cinematic music, and Xtrullor for EDM mixed with orchestral music. The latter happens to be a genre I'm aiming to make, being an amateur bedroom music producer.
    • My favorite Mineplex game is Draw My Thing, and the amazing community there has encouraged me to stay this time around. It is also the only game I am decent at.
    • Not even three months after joining Mineplex, I applied for Trainee for the first time (August 2015). After that, I have written 15 Trainee applications and 2 Moderator reinstatement applications - only two Trainee applications were accepted out of the lot. An interesting fact about the Trainee ones is that I have submitted applications in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 - five consecutive years.
    • I am a semi-nerd when it comes to psychology, especially the part revolving around personalities - MBTI and Jungian theories. I might make an off-topic thread about it one day.
    I could write more, but I have been getting very little sleep recently so I'm off to get some right now. See you around!

Also, feel free to add me on Discord, which is in my info page.

Posted Nov 23, 2020,
    Last edited Nov 23, 2020
  2. you forgot the "semi interesting fact" that you have a terrible sleep schedule

Posted Nov 23, 2020
  3. There, fixed.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 23, 2020
    scarlet likes this.
  4. Welcome back to the community Thenorn! It is always awesome to hear about players returning to the community after extended breaks! I would recommend reading over the rules (mineplex.com/rules) just to stay updated on the many changes. Feel free to friend me in-game if you ever want to play, and don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions! <3

Posted Nov 23, 2020
    C2MineCraft likes this.
  5. Hello there Norn. We've known each other for over a year now so I won't bother introducing myself, I think you know me better than 99% of people I've spoken to online anyway. I knew most of the information that you provided already, but I did learn a few interesting facts, such as your favourite artists.

I'm glad that you've been able to balance your life out a bit more and thus have more time to spend doing things you enjoy. I wish you the best of luck with whatever path you decide to pursue on Mineplex too, whether that be going for staff again or something else.

Also, I would highly recommend speaking to Norn if you would like to experience some entertaining conversations.

Posted Nov 23, 2020
    Thenorn likes this.
  6. I've seen you around the forums a lot in the past and recently, and it's really nice to know more about you. We actually have quite a bit in common. I'm a pretty big introvert myself and I absolutely hate small talk, so it's good to see someone agree with me there. Draw My Thing is also one of my favorite games to play, although I'm not the best at it (I'm getting better at faster guessing, though).

Psychology is super interesting to me and I've always wanted to learn more about it. It's not something I look to study in college, but whenever I get the chance I try to learn more about it. It's always interesting to know why. people act the way they do, so your love for the subject is justified. Hope to see you around more :)

Posted Nov 23, 2020
    Thenorn likes this.
  7. Hello Thenorn,

I remember you were a Mineplex staff member a while ago. I am glad to see that you have put lots of effort into your introduction thread, so that I can learn more about you. Speaking about "small talk," I can see where you're coming from. I can be an introvert myself and fear having small talk all the time. This won't stop me from interacting with you or anyone else. I still love to keep interacting with my friends all the time.

Hope to talk to you more again in-game and on the forums! :)

Posted Dec 11, 2020
    Thenorn likes this.
  8. Hi there! I'm so happy you were able to push through the first few months of online school, it's definitely been a struggle for us all. I am also an INFP! I guess the best people are ;)

I'm so happy I got to read your revised introduction thread, and I hope to see you around!

Posted Dec 11, 2020
    Thenorn likes this.
  9. Hey Norn!

As many others have said, I have been seeing you be very active on the forums and in-game, so it was most definitely great to read more about you in your very detailed introduction. I had a feeling you were an ex-staff member because I find you to be very kind and helpful even without being staff today. As I was reading your introduction, I would say we have a lot in common and I can relate to some of the things you said.
    • I used to be an introvert, but as I have returned to Mineplex and started college I have become such a social/outgoing person. However, I still have the fear of running out of things to talk about and have a big fear of becoming boring to people.
    • I too have written an extensive amount of Trainee Applications with only two being accepted, and two Mod reinstatement applications.
    • I absolutely LOVE the Beatles, omg. Yesterday is one of my favorite songs and honestly I loved the movie as well.
    • I wish I could also relate to being talented to math, but unfortunately I just relate to the lazy couch potato sometimes. (Lol)
    • Like yourself, I am kind of a nerd and interested when it comes to Psychology. I have considered making my Major in college Psyc because it has always been an interesting topic to study and look into.
    I am so sorry for probably boring you with my response.(Lol, all jokes) (Unless) Anyways, it was really nice to read more about you Norn, and I appreciate how much effort you put into this introduction thread. If you ever see me in-game or anywhere on Mineplex, feel free to say hey!

Posted Dec 11, 2020
    Thenorn likes this.
  10. Hello old pal, we seriously need to speak more xd

Nice intro thread though, even though I knew most of the things you said here I actually didn't know about you liking psychology (>:[). I do see some similarities though; I really like maths and I also have a rubbish sleep schedule, and at school I try and avoid talking a lot (similar to you avoiding 'small talk')

We need to speak again though, missed ya

Posted Dec 11, 2020
    Thenorn and Amg_ like this.