• 1602 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5654 Players Online
  • 4052 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by yvuggu, Jan 23, 2021.

1. I don't do greetings. Anyway, with that out of the way, this is my introduction. It's going to be a long list of facts and a several stories in between. I prefer not to reveal personal information, so it'll be centered around Mineplex. I joined in late 2019(on the server of course). You might've found me helping in the help section, embarrassing myself in threads, making some of the more popular off topic threads, responding to them, or playing forum games(though I will admit that I got kind of bored of the counting games). Additionally, I can already see replies that say that you're glad that I found a home on the forums. I started as a guest in April 2020, and I only made an account a few weeks ago. Therefore I have some good knowledge on the bedrock side. Everyone I follow has been nice from my experience. Some people I immediately followed upon making an account were my real life friend @Ryan9116, @Cardyceps who I knew used the forum games a lot, and @LegendSavedXmas who was quite friendly in my opinion.

How I Found Mineplex

Actually this is pretty simple. So I decided to make an Xbox Live account because I wanted to get access to servers. I made it and saw Mineplex. Upon seeing it, my head immediately went to old videos that TBNRfrags/Prestonplayz made on Death Tag, Micro Battles, and Dragon Escape. I figured that since Death Tag wasn't really PvP based, I might do well in it. So Death Tag was the first game I played. I figured that Dragons seemed similar to Dragon Escape, even though it isn't. But I learned how it worked pretty quickly, and I mained it for a while along with playing Cake Wars.

My Name Story
    "Banned because this is my name story
    One day, I was playing a game called Dungeon Boss that my friend introduced to me
    I couldn't think of a good name, so 6 year old me decided that putting 12345 at the start was a good call. However, I accidentally typed an extra 4, so then I deleted it, but then I thought that having an extra 4 would be cool
    And that's how the name 123445dufty was created

But then I wanted to play on my mom's phone because it was more portable than my iPad

So I typed some random letters
    yvuggu
    And when I read it, it actually kind of made sense!
    So that's my username."(From Ban the Person Above You!)

Facts
    I'm not going for trainee(and there's a reason why I put this first)
    My favorite color is orange, and my favorite color combination is sky blue plus orange.
    I love Pokemon. My competitive doubles team is Glastrier, Chandelure, Rillaboom, Dracovish, Rayquaza, and Bronzong. A team with a Trick Room mode.
    Something I love to do in Mineplex is throw a Throwing TNT into the spawn area where people are invisible and then they all get bounced out.
    I play with @Ryan9116 a lot.
    I'm a mobile player
    I use the Archer kit in Cake Wars which is honestly a huge factor to winning games
    When I bridge, I do the thing that isn't quite as fast as walk bridging and is slower than sprint bridging but is faster than crouch bridging
    I use split controls because it's easy for bridging
    I use a texture pack made by a Mineplex YouTuber with 1.9k subs
    I use 110 FOV
    I'm a casual player

And that's it for my introduction!

Posted Jan 23, 2021
  2. Hi! I've seen you on the forums a lot especially in the forum games. It was nice to know more about you! I am surprised that your name is random, because I wouldn't have guessed that as it actually sounds like a name. When I was on mobile, I used to bridge, faster than crouching, and slower than sprinting, with split controls on like you! And I also love to put throwing TNT in the spawn area lol. Thanks for all the likespams :)

Posted Jan 23, 2021
    Ŗýąñ⁹¹¹⁶ and yvuggu like this.
  3. Hi, it's nice to see you formally introduce yourself :D I've seen you everywhere, as you know

I really love your name story, I tend to come up with my usernames for different places by putting in a combination of consonants and vowels until it makes sense.

My favourite colour is blue, not sure about my favourite combination but orange + sky blue is pretty.

I never ended up managing to play Pokemon because I couldn't afford it for my Nintendo and I never watched it, but I do really like it, my favourite Pokemon being Ditto!

The first person I followed on the forums was my batchie, Oublisam, and my old TMA/Mentor Breezeblockss.

I play on Java, but I go on Bedrock sometimes on Windows 10 Edition. I'm not one for pvp games nowadays so I play Master Builders, Speed Builders, Mob Arena, and some Arcade games on Java.

We should play sometime :)

Posted Jan 23, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  4. Oh I thought that I was the only one who liked using the Throwing TNT like that. Another thing is that I like using the fireballs from the Ghast morph for this as well, but when you hit the ground with the morph equipped, it bounces you up, which is inconvenient, so I use the Bat morph.

The Story of My Favorite Color Combination

One day, when I was 4 years old and living in a rented house because we didn't have enough money to get a new house when we just moved where we live now(we got one when I became 5 year old), my mom was sitting near me doing whatever. I was playing with some play-doh, and happened to like the look of orange+blue. So I mixed them together and got brown. Yes, this is memorable enough that I remember it by myself.

If you like Ditto, then you like all the Pokemon. Simple as that. I play Mob Arena sometimes, but I'm not a fan of getting ping-ponged. It's too intense for me even as a non-PvP game. Nano Games has always seemed pretty fun to me from what I've read. I also didn't know that Oubalism used to be in your batch. Breezeblockss I know is one of those mods from years ago but became staff again like half a year ago.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 23, 2021
  5. Ma boi finally decided to have a character development arc!

Posted Jan 24, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  6. Hey there pokemonfan!

I love your introduction and I must say that I'm kinda lost on which bridging method you use tbh, but you seem like a cool dude. I hope you have a great time on mineplex and if I ever see you around I'll be sure to say hi.
    Have a great day!

Posted Jan 25, 2021
    Mothy was here and yvuggu like this.
  7. Hey there Yvuggu!

I have been seeing you a lot lately on the forums helping out players, and it's nice to finally see an introduction from you! I'm sure you already know who I am, but if not, my name is Amg and I am a Moderator on the Java side of Mineplex. Like yourself, I have really made the forums a sort of home if you will. The forums is easily the place where I enjoy spending most of my time! It was very nice to read about how you found Mineplex, how you made your name and some facts about you! A fun fact about me, is that I also found Mineplex because of a YouTuber. In 2013, I remember watching CaptainSparklez and his Survival Games Series on Mineplex. In 2014, I officially joined the server and started playing Survival Games myself! I would also like to add that I love Pokémon and really watched it growing up. I again, really enjoyed reading more about you, and hope you continue to enjoy your time here on the forums! If you ever see me in-game feel free to say hello. :)

Posted Jan 25, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  8. Don't see the arc, but ok.

Imagine jump bridging. Downgrade to sprint bridging. Further downgrade to "walk bridging". Then imagine not being able to master walk bridging. This is my bridging technique, and I'd say it's 3-4 times as slow as jump bridging.

One perk of having my name is it makes sure that I never get called anything else than yvuggu. You proved me wrong. I do know a fair bit about you, but I learned some more about you from this reply.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 25, 2021
  9. Hey there!

I have seen you around on the forums, and it's great to see you making an introduction thread! I did found out Mineplex by a Youtuber (Don't remember who it was) in late 2013. I didn't have a chance to explore Mineplex until September 2014. I was not there in early 2014 until I later rejoined this community about 6 years ago. Now, I am here and been in this community for years. My name is Phamtastic and I am currently a Moderator with two subteams, Content Creator Council, and Reports Patrol. I joined the Mineplex staff team on January 29, 2016, when I was a Trainee. I was also a Sr.Mod, Forum Ninja too!

If you need anything from me, you're always welcome to message me on the forums anytime.

Enjoy your time on the Mineplex forums! :)

Posted Jan 28, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.