• 1933 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1933 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Invisibility Potion [CW]

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Vytas, Jul 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think that the invisibility potion should be introduced to cake wars. If the potion is used, the player will not be able to be seen by anybody for 15 seconds. It will cost 30 emeralds to purchase. This potion would be very useful and would allow people to take out each other's cake more easily. While this does seem very overpowered, 30 emeralds would take quite a long time to obtain and the potion will only last for a mere 15 seconds.

Posted Jul 20, 2020
    0775 likes this.
  2. If they added a potion like that It would make it look like they are copying hypixel although, It would be pretty cool!

Posted Jul 20, 2020
  3. Hey there!

Hmm, this doesn't seem like that bad of an addition to the game I just want to go over a couple of things. The potion is good and 30 emeralds does seem like a good fit but when you think about it, towards the end of the game people just stack emeralds and bricks and get sooo many resources and just buy like 10 pearls and 10 golden apples, is this was added it would probably stop people from buying so many pearls and pearling away and just eating their apple but they could also buy like 5 invis potions and then just drink all of them and hide for ages. I think this is why the speed potion isn't in the shop to buy. I think this could be added but we shouldn't make it purchasable and instead we should make it just like the speed potion is. It would fit a lot better in the cake island chests and that makes it fair, this way no body can just get multiple potions and just drink them all end game and just do that the entire time, that will stall the game quite a bit and we don't want that. If it's on islands we can make it as common as the speed potions are and it'll fit perfectly in the game in my opinion. That's all I really see wrong with this idea otherwise I really enjoy this and I would love to see it added into the game, with the suggestions I said. Gonna give this a +0.5 because it's a pretty good idea I would just like to see a little bit change with it. Otherwise, great idea!

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Jul 20, 2020
    oCassi and dannym227 like this.
  4. Original reply:

TL;DR:

This doesn't seem like a bad addition to the game, I just want to go over the price & stall potential.

At first the price seems fine, but later in the game people have a ton of emeralds. Normally people buy ender pearls and golden apples, but with this addition they could buy invisibility potions instead.

With 5 of these potions, you could hide for over a minute. I think this is why the speed potion isn't in the shop to buy.

To fix this, you could just have the invis potion be loot in the cake islands. Having it in the chests makes it fair, because nobody can get a ton of potions and stall the game.

I would love to see it added into the game, with my suggestions. +0.5

Posted Jul 20, 2020
  5. I don't believe invisibility potions should be added into Cake Wars. First, would you still trigger traps if you were invisible? If yes, then it would kind of defeat the purpose of the invisibility potion. If no, then that would make it a bit overpowered. Regarding the price, I don't believe 30 emeralds is a good price. While it only lasts for 15 seconds, you could easily drink it in your spawn where no one could see you, then pearl in without anyone noticing. Also, would you be able to stack potions, so you can stay for longer than 15 seconds invisible? Lastly, it kind of seems like Mineplex would be copying Hypixel, and I would rather see some more original ideas on Mineplex's part. I give this idea a -1, but if you have any other additions to the Cake Wars shop, I would love to hear them!

Posted Jul 20, 2020
  6. Sup!

Thank you for taking the time to suggest this!

Unfortunately, GI has denied this idea with the following reasoning:
    • Invisibility potions do not fit the overall niche of Cake Wars. The maps aren't made for it to be a viable option, and this is further true because of items in the game such as TNT and Bear traps. There are plenty of ways to sneak up to cakes in the game and adding an expensive option of invisibility potions isn't necessary/desirable for the game as a whole.
    With this in mind, I will be marking this thread as Not Planned as well as locking it.

Thank you again for sharing your idea!

Thread Locked >> Idea Not Planned - Denied By GI

Posted Oct 26, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.