• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5044 Players Online
  • 5044 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Invisible Gwen-Bot

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by cracking, Feb 14, 2021.

1. I want to specify that I've heard it being called the "Gwen-Bot," so I'm just going to call it that.
    I think it would be better if the Gwen-Bot were invisible as it gets super annoying at times.
    Okay, that's the speech. :clap:

Posted Feb 14, 2021
    Simply Otter likes this.
  2. Are you speaking about the entity in-game?

It is normally invisible, it only shows up when it think you're doing something non-vanilla, eg. having really high cps might make it fly around you as it thinks you might have an autoclicker/ka etc. These are all just flags and you won't get punished at all unless you keep deliberately hitting it (it tests for KA mainly).

Since we have konsolas back to work on the anti-cheat, I'm sure it'll receive improvements to the system which in turn will make the entity less annoying

Posted Feb 14, 2021
    C2MineCraft likes this.
  3. Very well explained.

I completely agree. The bot is nothing you should worry about. :gwen:

Posted Feb 14, 2021
    maevestarbaby likes this.
  4. Yea nothing to worry about I hit it once and I get banned and then some kid bhops on me with ka and no ban thank you gwen

Posted Feb 14, 2021
    mab8400 likes this.
  5. Your signature is very contradicting to your comment.

Posted Feb 14, 2021
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  6. I'm not sure how much can be done to remove the GWEN entity because in order to test for Kill Aura a regular player/client would need to be able to see the entity itself in order for the test to work as I heard clients test for the opacity of entities before they hit them/allow an anticheat to be triggered by them.

It's in all servers (or at least most large ones) and it doesn't bother me too much, I just get on with playing the game and allow the entity to goes where it wants, it doesn't seem to mess around with hit registry in games.​

Posted Feb 14, 2021
    mab8400 likes this.
  7. The NPC normally hovers a few blocks above the player any ways. It hasn't effected my game play at all.

Posted Feb 14, 2021
  8. I find it extremely annoying to look at. Is it possible for it to be invisible or disappears? I get 12 CPS frequently, and it's always around me.
    EDIT: I re-read your message. Why not just make it go around the player (like watchdog)? It would be easier for cheaters to get banned (most hacked clients have killaura settings that allow you to change range, direction, etc.)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 14, 2021
  9. It goes in the way of my screen a lot. I've seen people complain about it before.

OP OP
  10. It says I’m legit !!!

Posted Feb 14, 2021
  11. The watchdog entity is far more obnoxious than the GWEN entity in my opinion, though, you might think differently? Isn't the reason for this discussion the fact that people find the GWEN entity hard to work around and play the game with because I feel like the watchdog entity would get in the way more.​

Posted Feb 14, 2021
  12. I wish the GWEN entity could be invisible. Yes, the watchdog is indeed more annoying, but it's only temporary. I always see the GWEN entity, and it's so irritating.

OP OP
  13. Speaking from my previous experience with the Hypixel staff team, back in the day it was more noticed when moderators run killaura/bhop/aimbot tests.

Now, I believe it's run every time a player is reported for any of the related cheats. Pretty cool stuff.

Gwen even states himself/herself, he/she is always watching, this being the reason he/she is always visible some way. :P

Posted Feb 14, 2021
  14. I doubt I, out of anyone, would get reported for cheats. I'm fully clean, + I suck at Mineplex PvP compared to other servers (after I got hacked on my main, I quit for three years).

OP OP
  15. Hello,

This has already been stated above but I would just like to express my thoughts on the Gwen NPC.
    I honestly don't mind it. It doesn't ruin my game experience, although I do tend to see it quite a lot. I would prefer it to be invisible but there isn't any rush to do so. Just try your best to play the game and avoid it :P

Kind regards,
    Labis

Posted Feb 14, 2021
  16. Heyhey!

Gwen doesn't really affect me as i play games that are non pvp based (normally). it can get annoying when you are trying to fight someone and its flying in-front of your face, but i'm not complaining as i don't mind it

Have a wonderful day!
    Kehs <3

Posted Feb 14, 2021
  17. I suck @ Mineplex PVP as well, but I believe I'm improving! :)

Posted Feb 14, 2021
  18. U just hold w and click

Posted Feb 14, 2021
  19. It's a bit more complicated than just holding down a button and clicking another. lol

I mean, I'm fairly good with 1.8 PVP. I'm just getting used to Mineplex.

Posted Feb 14, 2021
  20. It’s literally how u play mineplex just click more than 10 and hold w

Posted Feb 14, 2021