• 3754 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12010 Players Online
  • 8256 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Is Immortal Rank worth it’s money?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by ros, Feb 21, 2020.

?

Is Immortal Worth it’s money?

1. No

14 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. Yes

16 vote(s)
    53.3%
  1. Is Immortal really worth its money?

In my opinion I think that immortal rank is worth its money I think that the amount if stuff that u receive w the rank is good for its money! I also think that u can cancel the subscription at anytime is good because if u just wanted to try out the rank and then u didn’t want to keep it, is good!
    I’ve brought immortal on 2 accounts now and I think that has been to of the best purchases I have made on mineplex, (thinking about doing a 1 month giveaway, tell me what u think)
    I would like to know your opinions on the immortal rank and if it’s worth its money

- Ariana xox

Posted Feb 21, 2020
  2. It depends on what you would describe as 'worth it'.

Being someone who had PPC (Immortal's predecessor) for 2+ years before ending the subscription, the update definitely made it worth me renewing the purchase. I also like the ability to have a recurring purchase to continue to support the server. The rank isn't perfect though but I am sure it will be ironed out in an upcoming update.

If anyone is considering it, then I would suggest buying a month and after that month you can decide if you want to extend it or just let it run out.

Posted Feb 22, 2020
    Sean ✩ and Im_Ken like this.
  3. If it was a one time payment I’d consider it, but being that it requires a monthly payment, I just don’t feel like it’s worth it. Eternal for example, you only have to pay once and having it is nice, but for paying 7$ every month, immortal just isn’t worth it in my opinion

Posted Feb 22, 2020
  4. I just don’t like that fact that you have to pay monthly. If it wasn’t I would buy it straight away.

Posted Feb 22, 2020
    uhDamien and Starx280 like this.
  5. I think the immortal rank is worth it's money because it gives more cool features that other people don't get. It was also the same price to get PPC normally, so this upgrade is more worth it as you can also get recognized for having it in game. I personally think it's a great addition to mineplex, and it's also useful for first person spectating if you want to watch what other players do. To anyone thinking about buying this monthly subscription, I recommend you get it. If you don't like the features of it, you don't have to buy it; it's optional.

Secondly, I think it would be a great idea if you do a 1 month immortal giveaway. That would be a good opportunity to donate to mineplex and give back to the community. It would be very nice of you to do that giveaway and people would be very appreciative of it.
    [​IMG]

~Julian

Posted Feb 22, 2020
    Im_Ken and SpyNinja__ like this.
  6. I don't mind the fact it's monthly and I do think it's worth it not only because of its perks but also because you're supporting a server you like to play and helping it maintain its uptime. I do like the shard booster a lot too as you're able to get the event treasure chests easily.

Posted Feb 22, 2020
  7. No I might not have Immortal, however I am going to buy it at the end of this month and will be continuing my subscription. When you consider the perks of it and that it has every other ranked perk plus a few more, it then slowly virtues into the side of yes it is worth the money. I won't lie though, they could've chosen any colour other than yellow. Why not a darker shade to make it appear more gold.

Posted Feb 22, 2020
    Ufy likes this.
  8. Personally, I think Immortal is worth the price. You can get a lot of perks like supply drop, games amplifier, chests, etc. for 7 dollars which is a deal. You have the rank for a month, or however long your subscription is, with tons of features. I also really like how you can buy a monthly subscription of immortal, and if you do not like it, you can just cancel it.

Posted Feb 22, 2020
    Ufy and t_aco like this.
  9. Long time subscriber here! Looking at Immortal and it's benefits alone, it's certainly worth it! It was even worth it before it was upgraded this past week, the key factor that has made it sold so much is the shiny new rank tag I believe.

Buying it for 1 month to see if you like it is a good idea, and will only run you 7 bucks (USD), Price wise it's extremely cheap, looking at the year long subscription (Probably well over the lifespan of an average players time on mineplex) it's only $70, compared to lifetime ranks like Eternal being $100+.

Good perks, they include:
    Exclusive monthly cosmetics you can show off to your friends.
    The old stacker system from the early years of Mineplex (FINALLY IT RETURNS!!!).
    Full fledged flight in lobbies (The kind you see Mods and Admins use), which by the way can be used while stacking players, so feel free to give players free rides around the lobby to places they can't normally reach!
    An omega chest every month to get yourself a rare cosmetic.
    My personal favorite, colored chat (&1, &2, etc all the way to &f)
    And lots more like the skin selection and gem boosters.

Not to mention, every purchase supports Mineplex and helps pay for their servers, helping create a less laggy/buggy experience!

All in all I'd say it's worth the price.

Posted Feb 23, 2020
    Ufy likes this.
  10. Worth varies person to person ofc, but on the whole, I don't feel it's a worthwhile rank to have... in the long-term. Eternal seems to be the better deal as you get useful perks and you get to keep them permanently. Immortal doesn't seem that great the longer you have it.

Most of its perks are lackluster benefits that you would only consistently enjoy if you were a lobby socialite (skin change, join message, ignore velocity, stacker, Metal Man morph, monthly cosmetics). The color chat and join message can even be annoying to Immortals themselves. There's no point in having the mandatory Immortal community on the player side... of which you can't leave, so that can also be annoying. You have priority map voting, but it's not like that matters much outside of "Oooh, pretty! I like this map!". Inheriting Eternal's perks, the additional monthly bonus, bypassing of the Clans queue, and I guess first-person spectating would be great except for the fact that you eventually end up paying more for Immortal over time than you would just buying Eternal- and seeing as Eternal's perks are the main thing there, that just says to me it's definitely not worth it. The little icon prefix and animated forum tag are fine, though if you removed them, can't say it would make much of a difference. Max party size going from 16 to 32 players is... fine? But when do you ever need 32 people in your party? So if we're talking worth, it may be worth it... up until the point that you pay more than you would for Eternal.

All considered, I don't think them just throwing together a bunch of random perks is going to be profitable in the long-term for them. They'll have to update it again eventually, at which point they'll probably add even more controversial, perhaps EULA-breaking perks. And god knows that will take priority over any other widely requested update.

Posted Feb 24, 2020
    uhDamien, FluteVegetables and Mitchy like this.
  11. Hi,

If you simply enjoy playing and interacting with players on Mineplex and you ponder about getting the rank then feel free to go ahead and purchase it.

The decision is entirely up to the player and no one is being forced to purchase a rank or anything on the store.

I definitely have to agree that Immortal does have a variety of exclusive and beneficial perks. Again, entirely up to the player if they want to support both themselves and Mineplex.

Posted Feb 27, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 28, 2020
  12. Heyo!
    Personally I think immortal rank is worth it because of its perks like the ability to fly, the double gems, its amazing monthly bonus, plus the monthly exp booster. And if a player changes there mind about the immortal rank subscription they can simply just cancel the subscription

Posted Feb 28, 2020
  13. Heyo!

First off, I'm going to be seconding the quote below;

This is a very valid point and this makes total sense. It's an opinion-based question, all in all. If you count all the perks that Immortal gives you for 1 month, and for the price, I would deem this way worth it. Even if it is temporary, it's fun and it gives people a better experience on the server, and I would deem this worth it. I'm actually quite glad that someone made a thread showing and asking why Immortal is worth it.

Cheers!
    ~Sean

Posted Feb 28, 2020
  14. Well, I got my Immortal for only <$20

Posted Feb 28, 2020
  15. In my opinion, players that are Legend+ honestly don't need the immortal rank. Other than cosmetics and other rewards, I feel like Legend is the most cost-effective rank at this point. Yet, this is just my opinion. Immortal has some really nice perks that you can get if you buy the rank.

If I were you, I would even wait until Immortal's price/value goes down, as its value will eventually go down. I just feel like there are ranks like Eternal or Legend that can give you similar perks.

Posted Feb 28, 2020