• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8733 Players Online
  • 5843 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Is this easy mode?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Karrrrl124, Dec 22, 2019.

?

Should this taunt be removed?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The "Is this easy mode taunt?" in a way contradicts mineplex rules. Whenever I brutally demolish somebody in a game of DOM or a 1v1, I used to always say "ez" or "easy". I have had multiple friends who have been muted for "General Rudeness/Abusive Behavior" for saying this ( repeatedly ). I personally have been angered by this taunt multiple times, and wish it could be removed. It promotes toxicity and condescends upon players of lesser skill. Much of the time even, I am bested by a blatant cheater in a game like survival games, and then am confronted by this insult. I think Mineplex would be a cleaner and more friendly community if this taunt was removed.

Please explain why you disagree or agree in the comments.

Posted Dec 22, 2019
    TestosteronBulk likes this.
  2. For those you claimed to have been muted for General Rudeness/Abusive Behavior for saying "ez" and the like, have they done that multiple times to someone in a singular session? If they haven't, then that punishment wouldn't have been warranted, as just saying "ez" or "L" once or twice isn't enough to be punished for on its own.

I do agree though that having the "is this easy mode" taunt does make some people angry over the taunt, and it may be better for it to be removed. I don't go on Java all that much though, so my opinion may not have as much base to it because of that.

Posted Dec 22, 2019
    Karrrrl124 likes this.
  3. Yeah it was multiple times.
    It has definitely made me mad before, almost to a rage extent. I agree that it would be better if it was removed. I see no other intention for this taunt to be used besides to put others down.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 22, 2019
  4. If I'm not mistaken, "Is this Easy Mode?" is a quote from the game Overwatch's popular D.Va character. Overwatch is a popular game and lots of Mineplex players enjoy it too, myself included, so I actually think it's a cute Easter Egg.

That being said, if you'd like you can submit your idea here to garner support from members of the community and have members of the network's Production team review your request.

Regardless of the outcome of this, thanks for sharing your take on this with us! I hope my insight helped.

Posted Dec 22, 2019
    Karrrrl124 likes this.
  5. If people get offended over this they are too young to be on the internet. Minecraft is 10+ so it seems perfectly reasonable to keep this.

Posted Dec 22, 2019
  6. I actually agree. It's just condescending and annoying.

When someone uses the easy mode taunt after killing someone it's literally the exact same as saying ez or calling them bad, which usually means there is an intent to upset or provoke players.

I know there's the whole "it's just a taunt don't take it seriously" but it still feels bad to lose to someone then have them call you easy. That's also just bad sportsmanship.

Posted Dec 23, 2019
  7. I don't think that you realize that a large amount of the Mineplex playerbase is not 10+, and still that doesn't change my argument. While you may be able to laugh off insults like that, there may be other players who ultimately will have their feelings hurt in a way. Just because somebody is over 10 years old doesn't mean that they become immune to insults or toxicity.
    This pretty much sums up my side, so I agree here

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 23, 2019
  8. There are plenty of things that you can be angered by, doesn't mean we should remove them completely lmao. That is literally the taunt's purpose, to be annoying. Do you know what the word "Taunt" means? By Google, "a remark made in order to anger, wound, or provoke someone." Clash Royale, Fortnite, League of Legends, Overwatch, etc all have taunts, whether in the form of an actual taunt, an emote, dance, voice line, etc. Some of them are meant to make you annoyed, that's why they are called taunts.

However I know how Mineplex likes to cater to people's feelings over quality for some reason. At the very most I can see some sort of taunt mute preference where you can no longer see taunts, but seeing as how that's a feature that comes with ranks i don't know how well that'd work.

Posted Dec 23, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 23, 2019
    Shadowxore, SirSyrup7, Mitchy and 3 others like this.
  9. Get good lmao

Posted Dec 23, 2019
  10. It has nothing to do with Getting Good, please be more logical in your arguments and put more thought into your posts. If you would like to share your opinion, then do it respectfully.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 23, 2019
    mab8400 and 2f0 like this.
  11. At some point, we just have to stop catering to people who get offended over silly things. This is the Internet. Compared to other things that happen here, a taunt (a word that literally means "a remark made in order to anger, wound, or provoke someone") is nothing. Have thicker skin, and don't take a game so seriously. It's that simple.

Posted Dec 23, 2019
    Korben, SirSyrup7, A_Platypus and 5 others like this.
  12. Your reaction is the exact reason why people use the taunt

Posted Dec 23, 2019
  13. I never actually realized this idea, I believe what you are saying makes a lot of sense. I get very upset when people say "ez W" or "take the L" or "trash/garb" after a person or myself is defeated in a game. I have a player who hates me and says "LOL" "Get Rekt Nub" or some type of rude remark when I die in games but is never muted. The easy mode thing kinda seems like a similar problem so I think your point is totally valid. I think they should change the taunt instead of a removal. Maybe they can only use it before the start of the game?
    --- Post updated ---
    You are totally right, but the thing is, Mineplex pushes a code of "being respectful to others" so it would only make sense if they followed their own rule rather then catering to their elite. I believe that people should just be respectful and say gg after a game, rather than being a jerk and making the community even more toxic. Imagine you win a game of basketball; you don't say, "your so bad" or "trash jumpshot", etc; you shake their hand and say good game to give some respect for playing a game. I understand that this is the internet and it is unrealistic, but promoting it more is just ridiculous. Not saying that we should be all emotional though, you are right that we should be thick-skinned. Taunting doesn't seem sportsmanlike though since it is generally a negative term used for bad behavior.

Posted Dec 23, 2019
    Karrrrl124 and JMPhase like this.
  14. Don't you think it's a bit of an exaggeration to say "the elite"? Who exactly are the elite... people that win games? lol.

By catering to the offended-by-everything attitude, you're promoting it, and if there's one thing that people need to have nowadays, it's thick skin. Maybe it's not good sportsmanship, but it's only harmful if you let it be harmful. At the end of the day, you are making the choice to be offended or not.

Posted Dec 23, 2019
    Karrrrl124 and Acerna like this.
  15. You are totally right, but the thing is, Mineplex pushes a code of "being respectful to others" so it would only make sense if they followed their own rule rather then catering to their elite. I believe that people should just be respectful and say gg after a game, rather than being a jerk and making the community even more toxic. Imagine you win a game of basketball; you don't say, "your so bad" or "trash jumpshot", etc; you shake their hand and say good game to give some respect for playing a game. I understand that this is the internet and it is unrealistic, but promoting it more is just ridiculous. Not saying that we should be all emotional though, you are right that we should be thick-skin
    Yes, that remark was exaggerated towards people who win games. I know for a fact that there is a bias towards some players. I can tell you 100% that some players are treated better than others because of their status.

I am not catering towards the offended-by-everything attitude. What I am saying is that we should not be letting people make the game less enjoyable for so many people. A toxic community will push Mineplex's player count lower and lower. There are these word called ethics and morals, throwing those two terms out the window only creates resentment and hatred in any community. Most of Mineplex's demographic are teenagers or kids. It would make sense to make it less toxic so the server can survive its ongoing demise. Your point is totally valid though and I agree with it to a certain extent.

Posted Dec 23, 2019
    leo_thya and Karrrrl124 like this.
  16. yeah it should be removed, it is not productive and in any way helpful. It makes my teamates starting pointless arguments in that time they should use to capture the points in domination

Posted Dec 23, 2019
    Karrrrl124 likes this.
  17. I'm pretty neutral on this idea to be honest. I think the taunt is fine as it and people should just realize that it's just a game and take a quick breather. But I can also see when some people may get mad over this as it is the same thing as saying ''bad'' ''so bad'' ''get good'' etc. But people should just take a minute to realize it's just a game and calm down but I can see where you're coming from. I'll be leaving this at a +0 Thanks for hearing me out!

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Dec 23, 2019
    Karrrrl124 and mab8400 like this.
  18. Are you telling me that if someone kills you in game, then proceeds to call you ez or bad, you aren't upset or annoyed? Not even a tiny bit? If so then congrats, you truly do have some thick skin.

But for most people at least, combining the fact that they just lost a game along with the person who killed them being a bit of a d*** is enough to make them upset or at the very least bring down their mood. Especially when you remember that the player base on Mineplex is primarily made up of kids and teenagers.

Mineplex giving people a taunt that calls other people easy just really ain't a good thing... I saw earlier you mentioned that according to its definition taunts are intended to anger or provoke people... but if that's the case then why is it literally only the easy mode taunt that does this. The other taunts certainly don't, they seemed to have been designed with more innocent fun in mind, at least that's the vibe they give me.

Of course I'm aware that removing the easy mode taunt isn't going to magically make all toxicity go away, it would just make it easier to deal with. Right now even if someone uses the easy mode taunt after every kill Mineplex couldn't reasonably punish someone for just using a taunt, right? However if that person instead of taunting is repeatedly calling people bad or ez then they could be punished for general rudeness or something.

I know you probably think I'm some hyper sensitive baby at this point, so I should mention that this stuff doesn't personally affect me too much. I would just prefer to play in a friendly environment.

Posted Dec 23, 2019
    leo_thya and Karrrrl124 like this.
  19. Can't say that stuff bothers me, no. That's just the way the Internet is. People are toxic, and I got over it a long time ago (as everyone should). To be clear, I don't for a second think a harmless taunt is toxic. You described the other taunts as "innocent fun"- and that's the exact feeling I get from someone saying, "Is this easy mode?"

I really don't think people are offended over this in significant amounts to where removal should be considered. Teenagers getting offended over someone saying the equivalent of "ez" in an online, essentially fictitious game is ridiculous. As for children, why should we promote the idea that they should be offended over little things? It's not like there are a bunch of literal babies running around crying at any remark that rubs the wrong way. Mineplex should be promoting emotional maturity, and being steadfast in your emotions and not letting them waver to online banter is part of that. There is a difference between being kid-friendly and treating everyone like children, and I find that Mineplex often veers into the latter.

I do recognize there is an inconsistency for how the rules see this behavior and how this taunt exhibiting it is not punishable. I do, however, think punishing for such harmless statements as "ez" is also silly, even when done excessively.

Posted Dec 23, 2019
    yulufi / Sean and Karrrrl124 like this.
  20. I honestly can't say that I can see all of this in terms of promoting any bad behaviour or chat messages from using one simple taunt. While I do agree that it can be seen as condescending it is a game, directed at nobody and sent by the server which really has little effect and is often sent at the start - normally when people kill other players I won't see them use taunts like that.

Plus, the whole kind of idea of a "taunt" is to do exactly what you want this taunt removed for, it's not made for anything malicious, just a little bit of fun and banter within the server which I honestly can't see any issues with in terms of rule enforcement.

Posted Dec 23, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.