• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Is this easy mode?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Karrrrl124, Dec 22, 2019.

?

Should this taunt be removed?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think what you don’t understand here is that the taunt ingame is used as a way of saying “easy” and not a taunt. All of the other “taunts” are nowhere near as condescending and could in no circumstances be mean or rude. And most of the time, it is directed at one person in games like Champions or Bridges. The taunt is often used after a team or player is killed.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 23, 2019
  2. Facts bro

Posted Dec 27, 2019
    Korben likes this.
  3. I don't see the point in this taunt being removed. Whether you find it offensive or not depends on context, and with all respect, it sounds like you typed this after losing a game and somebody used this taunt to exaggerate their victory. There is nothing wrong with this and shows that you're speaking from experience, it just makes it obvious that these feelings are generally only present on the losing side. If you have earned a hard-won victory, your first thought might not be to consider your opponent's feelings towards a basic taunt you would like to use in a moment of glee. I feel that players would be very confused if it was removed for such reason. From experience myself, on both ends, it is not usually done with the intention of hurting the other person. Nobody has time for this during the delight that follows a success, and if you do find it condescending, just reassure yourself that your time will come soon. While other people may have worded it insensitively, perhaps try to deal with it in your own way, as your opinion does not necessarily apply to the rest of the playerbase who may be more used to moving past a tough loss. -1.

Posted Dec 27, 2019
    Korben likes this.
  4. Hmmmmm

Preach brotha!

If you got really good, you wouldn't be getting this taunt so it is a very logical argument. Why are you degrading his opinion which is the opposite of what you're advocating for? You're being toxic!

Bruh, this is a video game.

You said that you think Mineplex would be a cleaner and more friendly community if that taunt was removed. As of now, the poll shows that 24 players (72.7%) disagree with your idea of removing that taunt. So either they're wrong or you're wrong.

Posted Dec 29, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 29, 2019
    Korben, Mitchy and Acerna like this.
  5. Just goes to prove that the community is toxic. If this was fixed it could solve a bit of that, but that isn’t a player decision. Putting a thread here wasn’t a good idea.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 4, 2020
  6. I completely agree with oscaros_

- Paiynz

Posted Jan 4, 2020
    Karrrrl124 likes this.
  7. So the community is toxic for disagreeing with your idea? That's the most bigoted, backward-thinking, intolerant, hypocritical, toxic thing I've read in this entire thread.

Posted Jan 5, 2020
    Korben and Mitchy like this.
  8. No, it just goes to show that since people don't want to remove a taunt that obviously disregards
    1. The Mineplex Chat Rules. (Specifically General Rudeness)
    2. Common presumed Mineplex values. [I have always recognized Mineplex to be against toxicity (In their rules, at least)]

I'm not saying they are being toxic for disagreeing with my idea, it just shows that ultimately they were toxic in the first place. Like I said in my previous post, this thread wasn't really a good thread to put out to the playerbase. I was hoping for more moderator replies since, they enforce the chat rules.

And it could also be presumed that the 72.7% of the community that disagree with my idea could strongly abuse this taunt as anyone who has played any form of competitive gamemode? Just because somebody disagrees with my doesn't mean I'm wrong, because like I said the forums poll could be very bias. Most players who aren't as good at the game probably won't be on the Forums making posts. I just didn't really get the type of considerate players I was hoping for, which really stinks.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 5, 2020
  9. However, as you have been told by moderators, Mineplex is not only 10+. I would appreciate it if you made more considerate and thoughtful posts instead of being selfish.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 5, 2020
  10. Which is exactly why it should be removed? Kind of my point here.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 5, 2020
  11. Wrong.

That's the second most bigoted, backward-thinking, intolerant, self-righteous, hypocritical, toxic thing I've read in this entire thread.

Strongly abuse? There's a cooldown on it if you hadn't notice.

Just because somebody disagrees with your idea doesn't mean you're wrong. But if 32/13 players disagree with your idea, then you're mostly wrong.

Polls are in essence, biased. Any other obvious thing you'd like to point out?

Welcome to reality.

Posted Jan 5, 2020
    Korben likes this.
  12. Mineplex is literally only 10+ as it is an MINECRAFT server and minecraft is rated 10+. Therefore mineplex should gear towards a 10+ audience. Just because some younger than 10 players play the game doesn't mean we should cater to them as it isn't actually recommend that they play minecraft yet and especially not an online minecraft server with random strangers.

Posted Jan 6, 2020
    Korben likes this.
  13. Hey!

I totally disagree. I find no harm in “Is this easy mode?”. I understand you weren’t met with compassion for this idea as you hoped, but this is just reality. Mineplex tries to ensure all players are welcomed and happy while playing, but to be frank, this argument quite ridiculous. I’ve never really heard anyone before this asked for it be removed, yet I have seen people use the taunt before. I just don’t understand why this is such a big deal, people are toxic, people are mean; that’s them, and you shouldn’t let it hurt you. But with that being said, someone using the “Is this easy mode?” isn’t being toxic, it’s just a fun, meaningless taunt. I don’t think anyone should dive deeper into this than what it is, a taunt meant to be taken lightly on a server you’re supposed to have fun on.

~Nick

Posted Jan 6, 2020
  14. Disable Taunt messages when Public chat is off

No one wants to see that crap, especially the Easy mode one. It's just rude and stupid.

or just an option in /prefs to disable it, so you can't see it

Posted Jan 6, 2020
    Karrrrl124 likes this.
  15. That actually isn't true. You are factually wrong. And to just figure it out and an example of an educated guess for this statistic that you can see yourself is the amount of IGNs that a 10 year old would have, like CreeperBoss67 or xXProGamerXx. If you ever played Minecraft when you were a little kid check your name history! I apologize if your parents never allowed you to play a game that was past your age restriction. I was looking for people with experience to answer my thread.

I don't think anyone could think it meaningless if it was used to degrade others. You don't think it a big deal most likely because you never play Mineplex yourself. You probably just don't get it too often while you're playing Speed Builders with your e-girls. And second handedly you spend too much time on Forums to actually experience what most of the actual playerbase plays.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 6, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 6, 2020
  16. I don't think you understand my point here. You can disagree with me, what you don't have is experience. Like I said, a forum based vote has nothing to do with something being rude or not rude. Its like if I made a pro-Jewish life poster in Germany at the height of the **** Regime that said on it "Should we show them mercy?"

The cooldown can be easily bypassed by having multiple people spam the taunt.

And if my thinking is bigoted, backward-thinking, intolerant, self-righteous, and hypocritical then why would I be making a thread for the playerbase that receives the hate most? I mean this just leads me to believe that you abuse the taunt yourself. And your use of Google to attempt to describe me was a fail, mainly because of your ignorance over all. What I mean by "strongly abusing" the taunt is when it is correctly used for its clear malicious purposes. Which again, is why it should be removed.

And you say that all Polls are biased, which is not true at all. I don't know what Polls you read or vote in, and you don't have to tell me (I would rather not know) but I can guarantee you are not Polling in the right place if every single one of your polls is biased.

I think if you came up with more thoughtful arguments, I could see where you are coming from, but honestly you've just been exaggerating everything else that everyone before you said, and what you said before.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 6, 2020
  17. I've read through this discussion and it seems that people are mostly split between either wanting the Easy Mode Taunt removed or keeping it. The poll clearly shows that the community is against removing it, which is what I think too. I'd like to discuss some of the mentioned arguments, both pro and con and I'll also add some of my own arguments.

First of all, the taunt isn't as toxic as "ez L" or similar phrases in my opinion and as @Niclaslaubscher said the definition of taunting is literally "to anger, wound, or provoke someone". While it is mostly true that the other taunts aren't made with this intention like @JMPhase mentioned, some taunts like the Gloating Gardener Taunt ("... got so bored they took up gardening") or the Eternal Taunt ("... waited so long they turned to bones") can also be seen as insults in some cases. The fact is that having no taunts that provoke other players at least a bit would defeat the purpose of having them at all.
    Furthermore, I share @WowCaleb's opinion that players should be able to enjoy their moment of glee after a hard earned victory. Yes, of course @Karrrrl124 is right in that some players "abuse" the taunt after almost every kill but that is rarely the case and most of the time it is used once or twice during a game.
    Another important argument is that the Easy Mode Taunt is the level reward for level 80. It requires a lot of effort to get that far and in a sense rewards players for their skill. Most of the level 80+ people i know are pretty chill and usually that taunt is used to mock friends or just have a bit of fun. Making it a level reward also gives less skilled and lower level players a goal to work towards. It's one of the best level rewards in my opinion.

All in all I think the taunt shouldn't be removed. It seems to me that players are blaming the taunt for them getting angry at the game and not the circumstances, like for example them getting beaten over and over again. A few solutions to this problem were mentioned but I don't think they are good as the taunts have in game effects and only showing those to specific players wouldn't be possible. They would also defeat the purpose of taunting as all lower level players would probably disable taunts. A less toxic environment just isn't possible in a PvP based game, so you should just try to have as much fun as possible. If you are annoyed of one game, then play another mini game. There are a lot of peaceful or casual gamemodes on Mineplex with barely any toxicity, like Block Hunt for example.

Posted Jan 6, 2020
    WowCaleb and Sean ✩ like this.
  18. Heyo!
    This is just a taunt and has no intentions of being toxic or mean to any other people. Or at least that's what it's creator's intentions were. Nevertheless, you shouldn't feel this way about a taunt. The whole purpose of a taunt is to distract/disturb the opponents. Here is the actual definition of the word "taunt" to handle any misconceptions for anyone;
    Taunt : https://imgur.com/sjJwVy9
    And also like @Acerna stated, your offended reaction to this is the reason people use this taunt. You have to learn how to ignore things like this, not just for minecraft, but for future reference. If you react to this taunt like for example: "Oy! Shut up!", then clearly they will continue doing it, for your triggered reaction. I don't believe in removing this taunt, but you need to learn how to handle these types of things. Hope I Helped!
    Ta Ta,
    Gardevoir

edit: I saw ur sneaky like @afterfive <3

Posted Jan 6, 2020
    afterfive likes this.
  19. It’s funny you talk about my lack of experience in game while you’re a level 2 and I’m in the 40’s. Secondly, I have over 14 days of gameplay on Mineplex, so I know my way around. Thirdly, you talk about me spending to much time on the forums when you only have 25 or so posts less than me, which isn’t that much. Lastly, I barely play Speed Builders. Before you try discrediting me, I suggest you make sure that what you’re saying is logical.

Posted Jan 6, 2020
    afterfive, Sean ✩ and Korben like this.
  20. And your the one talking about removing toxicity? Hypocrite

Posted Jan 6, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.