• 532 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7550 Players Online
  • 7018 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

It's Nerf or Nothing.

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by xOeuf, Dec 24, 2018.

1. What are you even saying anymore? What does your comment have to do with anything?

When I saw the notif I was groaning that I'd have to read another wall of text, but now I'm just confused.

Posted Jan 8, 2019
  2. There's quite a difference. Chicken missile is a very slow-moving projectile and covers a fairly small area, has a loud audio queue to let you know if it's near you, and also very visible. Webs are sometimes extremely hard to see when launched into the air because they blend in with the sky/environment and they cover a larger area than chicken missile.

Posted Jan 8, 2019
    CCozy likes this.
  3. Jam
    x

> insert years of research meme

Posted Jan 8, 2019
    Bonse and SirInHueman like this.
  4. After years of research studying this thread, I've realized reading every reply was a waste of time.

Posted Jan 9, 2019
  5. As a contributor to that cause, I can confirm 90% of these replies are a huge waste of time.

Posted Jan 9, 2019
  6. Hey! Great thread you have made-- I agree to a lot of these facts. Spider does need a slight nerf due to its high mobility and the damage from Needler. Wolf is also a pretty unbalanced kit. Spin Web is also pretty annoying to face against, but while I do feel like an experienced Spider player can almost be unbeatable due to the kits naturally high mobility and fairly low risk (while giving a high reward), I don't think Spin Web should be tweaked too much - perhaps give it a small cooldown increase or make it so the webs disappear faster. Because as of currently, Spider and Wolf combo is an amazing one, and if you're caught in a web, Wolf can simply just stack this Ravage on you and kill you extremely fast, so making it so that Spiders' web would disappear faster wouldn't be too bad of a nerf. Also, please take my opinion with a grain of salt. I'm not a very experienced SSM player, but I have faced Spiders and Wolfs before. Alright, on with the thread.

Wolf. This kit is currently one of the best (if not the best) kit available, in my opinion. You have Ravage, which gives you more damage the more you hit a person with a basic attack. A person which is good at combos (or just hitting you generally) will annihilate you with that kit. While I do feel like this kit gives the player an unfair advantage over other people simply because of its obnoxious high mobility and damage per seconds, I wouldn't nerf it too much; make it so Ravage does less damage at max stacks and make it so Cub Tackle disappears faster after being used. I do know that it's the players' fault for walking into the Cub Tackle, but it feels like the Wolf can you push you into it if the Wolf misses it.

That's all I have to say, and please take my opinions with a grain of salt. As I said before, I'm not a professional or an experienced player in any shape or form (while I do consider myself to be an okay player :p), so please just keep that in mind. Have a good day!

Posted Jan 9, 2019
  7. The slime also needs a nerf, its just too strong.

Posted Jan 9, 2019
    SpitefulNick and CCozy like this.
  8. I don't actually see what's so OP about spider but yeah screw wolf and slime (both slime kits, although magma is not broken, just obnoxious as hell).

Posted Jan 9, 2019
    xOeuf and Bonse like this.
  9. Spider is just a better wolf lol. It has needler which does true damage and sets up for a string of 6 damage melee's, it has webs which is pretty good, and direct double jump. Needler is probably the most important tho, because Wolf doesn't really have anything to start combos for it. Spider does. Spider also has a bit more armor.

Posted Jan 10, 2019
  10. I disagree with that. Wolf's club tackle +ravage is utter BS, not to mention it's a small, mobile class. While spider may also be mobile, it's still fairly easy to hit and from what I've seen, needler isn't bad, but it's not OP either. Webs are also... meh. I think the big difference for me is spider seems to have a higher skill curve, while wolf is kinda how knight from sg used to be- broken with minimal effort. I've never felt I lost to a spider due to it being a superior class. I have lost to many, many wolves thinking that it's abilities are way too strong.

Posted Jan 10, 2019
    xOeuf likes this.
  11. Hi!
    Many people see it as the fact that it moves so quickly, and has insane capabilities for melee combat. We all know that it's geared towards that kind of gameplay, but at the same time some of its abilities are very potent in unison with its very low cooldowns (needler can do a lot of damage and only has about 2 seconds between uses).
    In the end, it's that spider is usually at an advantage to other kits because of its cooldowns and melee power. There are definitely ways to beat it, but compared to other kits, many people deem it to be "oo strong.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 13, 2019
    CCozy likes this.
  12. Yes please. Wolf is okay and not completely meta but it is a very strong kit. Spider should just see a needler cooldown and that's about it really. I've been playing exclusively SSM for the past 3-4 months and have been really enjoying the general balance of the game; however, I do want to emphasize that spider definitely needs a rework. I would check out zombie along the way although that is just my personal opinion...

Posted Jan 13, 2019
    xOeuf likes this.
  13. I dont think that spider is to OP but I do think Wolf should be Nerfed

Posted Jan 13, 2019
  14. Why don’t you think spider is OP?

Posted Jan 13, 2019
    xOeuf and SirInHueman like this.
  15. If you think Spider and or Wolf don't need a nerf, you obviously main them. I mean, it's ok to be biased, but these two have an edge over the other kits in the game, stated by pro players. And what do these two kits have in common? Directional Double Jump. Yeah, I hear you, 'What about Villager?' Welp, he can only do it for 10 seconds. (buff pls) So, if Wolf and Spider are the best kits in the game, and they both have the Directional Jump, that has to be the problem, right? It's just like Fox and Falco in Smash Bros. Melee. It's because they had this one move, that activated on frame 1, makes you invincible for a frame, gives massive hitstun, synergizes well with their kit, and is undisputably the best move in the game. It's the same with the Directional Jump, it is fast, and great for combos, just like Fox and Falco's reflectors. We're getting off topic, so let me get straight to my point here. Either tone it down a bit, give it to all the kits, add an energy system, or just remove it entirely. We want a balanced SSM, right? Then we better start by toning this ludicrous leap the heck down.

As for changes to the two outside of jump, if it does get nerfed, I think only minor adjustments must be made.

SPIDER

Increase cooldown on Needler slightly.
    Remove true damage from Needler.

WOLF

Make the cub from Cub Tackle disappear after 1 second.
    Make Wolf lose stacks after taking a certain amount of damage.

Thank you for your attention.

:gwen:g u a r d i a n t i m e

Of course making the other kits a bit stronger to deal with these two could be a solution, too. I hope this video suffices.

--- Post updated ---

Posted Jan 15, 2019,
    Last edited Jan 19, 2019