• 574 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9012 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion {Java} Deathrun

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Original_Name43, Feb 3, 2019.

1. I Think It Would Be Nice If There Was a Deathrun Gamemode, Where There Would Be X Amount Of Deaths And Survivors.
    The Deaths Would Be In Control Of Setting Off Traps Around The Map To Try To Kill The Survivors, While The Survivors Would Be Trying To Get To The End Of The Map To Win.

The Rounds Would Last About 10 Minutes Each.

Posted Feb 3, 2019
    ireallylikerats likes this.
  2. I think I've heard of a game like this before. Are you talking about the one on that other server which used to be represented by a bee? If so, I suggest incorporating most of the game mechanics but editing a few just so that we're not straight up stealing ideas.

Regardless, not everyone knows about what server I'm talking about above. I suggest you still follow this guide to further enrich your description. Because I do indeed enjoy that game on that other server, I think this will be a nice addition to Mineplex. The only problem would be again, us copying other servers.

+0.5

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Feb 3, 2019
  3. I haven’t done this one in a while, but I remember doing it. I think Mineplex could put a nice spin on it, the game really has a good concept to it.

Posted Feb 3, 2019
  4. Literally the exact same game as the one from the bee server. Idk why you want Mineplex to recreate it since you can just play it over there.

Posted Feb 3, 2019
    NothinButNetYT likes this.
  5. Currently another server has this exact type of game, and if we implemented something like this it wouldn't be original enough. Plus, Mineplex would get accused of copying which is something we want to avoid. Personally I think that a gamemode like this would be cool for Mineplex, but the version you suggested is too similar to the one that another server has.

In order for this game to work on Mineplex, there need to be some alterations to make it different enough from other servers. I'm interested to see what you have in mind. Unfortunately Mineplex isn't going to implement a game that's a direct copy of a game from another server (by direct copy, I mean literally the same game with no alterations whatsoever).

Posted Feb 3, 2019
    EpicEnderDragon1 and _Prof_ like this.
  6. Well, I didn't Mean It Like That, But It Doesn't Have To Be Exactly The Same, Like Another User Said, Hopefully Mineplex Will Take Their Own Spin On This And Create Something Even Better.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 3, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  7. As stated above by @xUmbreon, this game already exists on an server, you can try suggesting same type of the game but with slight changes. Gonna be neutral on this one.

Posted Feb 4, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  8. Heya!

Like it was started from above, this game already exist on other server, and if Mineplex would add this, people would say that Mineplex is copying other networks. However, the game sort of reminds me of Dragon Escape. It has parkour, and your run from someone. Only difference is that Death Run has traps, while DE is just classical parkour. Perhaps, this could be a new gamemode for DE? (not the exact copy of Death Run, of course) I'm not saying that classical DE should be removed, but that a new gamemode can be added in the future. Maybe that there are traps around the map, and that you should avoid them, or else you'd die?
    The game is kind of inspiring, so I'll give +0.5 to this game / gamemode!

Teodora / Tea

Posted Feb 6, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  9. Hey there!

I like the idea of having to add another game to the server, but I am not too sure if that is going to work. The only problem is that this game is already exist on the other server, and we do not want to take a risk of copying someone else game. However, I do not ever think that it is going to work unless they have to make changes to this game and look entirely different. Overall, I will have to give it a 0 because I am not entirely sure that if this game going to be approved or not.

Posted Feb 6, 2019
  10. Hey
    I like this idea, but I don't think it would work with Mineplex, as it's already a big game on other servers, and I'm sure we'd want something different to what other servers offer. We'd have to change it up a lot to make it a possible idea for the server, with things such as the look and the way it works. For now, I'll give this idea a 0. It could be worked with, but I don't know to what extent the developers would be willing to change everything with it.

Posted Feb 7, 2019
  11. We do already have Death Tag, but I see a noticeable difference between the two games. I do not recall playing anything like your talking about, yet I have seen other people play games like this. It would be something to add on my bucket list. Though I fear we would be copying other servers in adding this game to the selection. Good idea, nonetheless.

Posted Feb 7, 2019
  12. Yes and no to this. Definitely would love to see this on mineplex. I played it on GMod and it’s incredibly fun, but for it to be on mineplex it’s gonna need a little bit of a change. Mineplex doesn’t really have long game (yes, there are exceptions) and they more focus on shorter games. To have a team of hunters and runners with the hunters setting off the traps and the runner needing to complete the course first, it could take from like 3 minutes to 20 (depends on how good the hunters are). The game could also be confusing to some young users because of how it’d work and stuff. And of course the argument about copying from other servers, etc. I just think it’d fun but the cons outweigh the pros.

Posted Feb 7, 2019