• 384 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5816 Players Online
  • 5432 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Survey Java or Bedrock?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Videoguy, Sep 13, 2021.

?

Java or Bedrock?

1. Java

21 vote(s)
    51.2%
  2. Bedrock

20 vote(s)
    48.8%
  1. I actually prefer Java over bedrock now.

Posted Sep 15, 2021
    Cakemaster7019 and Videoguy like this.
  2. I definitely enjoy the environment of Bedrock a bit more, there's more players and they are usually quieter and nicer. Java has quite a lot of toxicity which isn't fun to deal with. When it comes to games and the general development state of the server, Java wins. A lot of Mineplex Bedrock games and other parts of it aren't too polished and have a ton of bugs or unused potential while Java is more advanced.

Posted Sep 15, 2021
  3. When the games actually start

Posted Sep 15, 2021
    Cakemaster7019 and StyxKiller03 like this.
  4. That and when no sweats are in the lobby. Unless it’s NANO games.

Posted Sep 15, 2021
    Cakemaster7019 and CatFan105 like this.
  5. From my vary limited experience, that doesn't really seem to be an option

Posted Sep 15, 2021
  6. Nano games?

Posted Sep 15, 2021
    Cakemaster7019 and CatFan105 like this.
  7. I was in one lobby the entire time I played it, and this one level 100 literally for first place in every game

Posted Sep 15, 2021
  8. Omg for sure, Bedrock seems really chill and not many people even talk in the chat LOLOL so definitely not too much toxicity.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 15, 2021
    Cakemaster7019 likes this.
  9. Yewh, no toxicity in Bedrock
    First server i joined on java there were accusations of hacking, and one person said something along the lines of "#########"

Posted Sep 15, 2021
    Cakemaster7019 likes this.
  10. bedrock 100% even more then java , but i do play java sometimes but i wouldn't touch mineplex java theres way better servers

Posted Sep 15, 2021
  11. Personally I have to go with Java just because it's my main. Bedrock, while it does have it's positives like playing on Windows 10 and smoking everyone who plays otherwise. I just like the Java gameplay and the certain games that Java has that Bedrock doesn't. I do enjoy Sg and Sky on Bedrock a lot more recently though because the games fill up relatively fast. Hopefully I get more into Bedrock in the near future!

Posted Sep 15, 2021
  12. Had some really good times with both. I messed a lot around with Bedrock with my friends when they were still friends and not just people I was forced to visit, and I had a lot of fun with Java Creative since the computer controls allowed me to do stuff more easily.

Posted Sep 15, 2021
    Videoguy and Cakemaster7019 like this.
  13. Heyya!
    Personally, I think both platforms have pros and cons, however for Multiplayer PVP and servers I enjoy bedrock, but for general multiplayer survivals or survival I prefer java. I will go over some of the pros and cons below.

Java
    Pros:
    Cool 1.17 survival combat
    easy to access snapshots
    Hardcore mode survival

Bigger.. community in terms of activity on other platforms
    Version switches
    Easier to mod for survival

Cons:
    1.9 combat for PvP
    Generally has more toxic players
    To many sweaty players which makes it hard for newer players to get into

Bedrock
    Pros:

Generally nicer community
    More easy for starters
    Creating maps is easier as you can export worlds
    HD Skins
    Multiple Other Cosmetics (4d models, better guis, etc.)
    Cross platform

Cons:
    Less active in game chatters
    Generally more hackers with less staff being able to moderate
    Fairly easy PvP which can equal to little to no challenge

All around I feel as though with all the pros and cons listed for each platform the bedrock side is deffinitely better for me when it comes to online and server play. I like both platforms for different reasons!

Posted Sep 15, 2021
    aiirr, Videoguy, CatFan105 and 2 others like this.
  14. I might be a tad bias here, but it's got to be Java for me. It's where I spend most of my time and it's where my friends play. People are often drawn to what they're used to and what is 'normal' for them too, since I've been playing Java for a while it just feels more like home ^^

I'll still log on and play speed builders on bedrock from time to time but since I use an iPad for bedrock the controls are super awkward and I don't enjoy it that much. The bedrock server is always bustling though and seeing all the awesome cosmetics and creativity in the housing. I'd love to go cross-platform one day and be able to explore bedrock even more too.

Posted Sep 16, 2021
    aiirr and Videoguy like this.
  15. Wow! What an organized pros and cons list.. LOL and yeah they both definitely have their pros and cons

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 16, 2021
  16. Yeah… if you had asked me 2 weeks ago I would have said Java 100% as my friends and I did have A LOT of great memories on there, but I’m ready to start a new experience on Bedrock and I’ve been enjoying it so far!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 16, 2021
    affinity0 likes this.
  17. Definitely a bit bias on my end as well since I've played Java since 2014 or so. I'm definitely a lot more comfortable on the Java platform than I am on Bedrock since I've spent so little time on Bedrock so far. I can definitely agree with some of the pros and cons for either platform that most people have mentioned, but honestly, my experience on both platforms has been very enjoyable and I've had tons of fun as well.

I've created more memories on Java for sure since I've been around for a long while. But Bedrock has been a blast as well! What's kind of weird is I tend to play different games on either platform that I wouldn't normally play on the opposing platform. I've never been a fan of Skywars on Java, yet Skywars on Bedrock is my go-to game mode. The communities and overall vibe on each platform are completely different from one another, so it is nice to experience a different atmosphere from time to time!

Posted Sep 16, 2021
    Videoguy likes this.
  18. For me, I would say Bedrock. Maybe this is because I've been playing on Bedrock for way longer than I have been playing on Java, but without bias, I honestly think Bedrock wins.

In terms of Bedrock/Java Mineplex as a server, I find playing on Java more enjoyable. Since Java has a lower playercount but has mostly skilled players who play in large parties, I find it literally impossible to win a game since you would always lose to a party of skilled people. People in Bedrock are generally less skilled and fewer care about their stats, such as level and amount of wins. Although there are definitely people who do, Bedrock attracts tons more players while having fewer advanced players. Since there are more players, it is also much easier to get into games, whereas Java you would need to wait for certain games due to the lack of players. In terms of the mechanics of each version, I also enjoy bridging on Bedrock more as opposed to Java, as being able to jump bridge on Bedrock is way more enjoyable than bridging slower on Java and enables you to rush faster in games like CW. PvP also feels smoother on Bedrock in my opinion, but it may be because I'm more used to it.

There are some advantages in Java Mineplex, however. Features such as MPS's and private messages are things that I wish were on Bedrock, however they are limited because of the partnership with Microsoft. Java has way more games than Bedrock does, however due to the lower playercount, many don't start. Java also has a stronger community with a more dedicated playerbase, but that also means that the players are generally more advanced. I first bought Java after being curious to try it in general, try Java Mineplex and for building purposes, but I still feel like Bedrock is my home.

In general, I prefer Bedrock in terms of both Mineplex and Minecraft overall!

Posted Sep 17, 2021
    CatFan105 and Videoguy like this.
  19. Yeah I find that Bedrock tends to be a lot easier (at least in my opinion) definitely easier to win hahaha

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 17, 2021
    CloudyDay1234 likes this.
  20. Java for sure! All my friends are on java so naturally, I would prefer it. I remember when I was super little I was always playing the pocket edition which I guess is now just called bedrock haha. Back then they didn't have actual servers, you just had to play with people on the same wifi as you. I'd definitely have to try it out again!

Posted Sep 19, 2021
    Videoguy likes this.