• 1539 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9977 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Java Survival Server

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by dylanhky, Jul 29, 2019.

?

Should this gamemode be implemented?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. From what I understand, Mineplex's Bedrock server has a survival gamemode. Taking this into consideration, I don't see why Java players shouldn't have access to a survival server too! Survival is the main aspect of Minecraft and I enjoy it very much along with a lot of other people. Furthermore, I don't know much about coding at all but I don't think a vanilla survival server would be that hard to implement seeing as most of the work is already done for you, for lack of a better way to put it.

EDIT: To solve the problem of people playing on different versions of Minecraft, the survival server could be locked on the latest version of Minecraft. This would only be a slight inconvenience and it would be worth it in the end.

Posted Jul 29, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 29, 2019
  2. Hello,

I've seen this idea suggested in the past and it's been denied, unfortunately. I personally wouldn't be opposed to Java having a survival gamemode, but it'd probably have to be 1.14+ which could cause some issues as a majority of Mineplex's playerbase is on 1.8.9. I think one of the reasons why it works out on Bedrock and not Java is because there's not a difference in versions on that platform whereas on Java there are people playing on a variety of versions; making the game possibilities limited.

I would really like for survival to be added here as well, but sadly, I don't think it'll happen in the near future.

Have a good day.
    defectuoso

Posted Jul 29, 2019
    dylanhky likes this.
  3. Hey,

So I don't think it should be implemented, but would I want it to be if possible? Of course. Survival is such a great aspect of Minecraft, and with 1.14 update it makes it a lot better. However, as stated by @defectuoso, the majority of the player base (including myself) is stuck with 1.8.9 due to the fact that we disliked the recent 1.9 PVP update. So right off the bat, this comes off with some clear issues. The managing of capability between 1.8 users alongside with 1.14+ users will not work since new sets of blocks and items were added. It just won't be possible for everyone to play survival with different versions simultaneously.

Posted Jul 29, 2019
    dylanhky likes this.
  4. Clans is basically just survival.

Posted Jul 29, 2019
    dylanhky likes this.
  5. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I never thought about it! However, I think this issue could be solved if the survival server was locked on the latest version of Minecraft. It would be a slight inconvenience to switch versions but it's definitely not a deal-breaker.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 29, 2019
  6. Just gonna throw in my two cents here. As a Bedrock Moderator, I'm actually not a fan of my platform's Survival and Factions gamemodes. While I clearly can't speak on behalf of our network's production team, our Survival mode has only served as a breeding grounds for glitch abuse and, due to the fact that the world doesn't reset, the game isn't really even playable.

I doubt that if Mineplex's Java platform implemented Survival the same way they did on their Bedrock platform it would be very successful, especially in the shadow of their widely popular Clans gamemode.

Posted Jul 29, 2019
    dylanhky likes this.
  7. Hey there,

I really do enjoy playing survival, however, I don't see it appealing to the rest of the Java platform. As others have stated above, we as a community pretty much only like 1.8 PVP, and while it is possible that we could lock the server or even the game to 1.14+, it will most likely result in either a drop in our overall player base or the game not getting the attention it deserves. I also don't believe a survival game-mode is super necessary on Java. Right now, Clans is the closest thing that Java has to survival and I think it does a pretty good job at entertaining the player base. Not only can you build things and claim territory like Bedrock survival, but it also has Champions kits for a twist in normal PVP. Of course, there are players who would prefer pure vanilla survival but I don't believe there are enough of them such that the game-mode would be supported on the network.

It is for sure a very interesting suggestion but unless the newer versions of Minecraft get some sort of PVP reboot and more players are willing to adjust to newer versions of the game, I don't see a survival game-mode becoming successful on the Mineplex network.

Posted Jul 29, 2019
    dylanhky likes this.
  8. Mineplex Java has always been recognized as a mini-game server. Sure, we have Clans, but that's a customized game mode that Mineplex has designed and is something unique as opposed to their competitors. Integrating a vanilla game mode would be something that isn't considerably innovative and would go against Mineplex's nature. It would be a stretch for the network to implement.

If a vanilla server were to be integrated, that means that we would require a large player base to be in demand for it, otherwise it wouldn't draw in a consistent amount of activity on the servers. If, let's just say, there is a fair amount of players on Survival, wouldn't that require a sub team to be introduced, in order to manage the server? For example, we have Clans sub teams (CMA) and a Sr. Mod team (CM) designed to manage it. I simply don't see the staff team being on board for recruiting individuals to take care of it, especially if many aren't enthusiastic about it.

Overall, I'm a -1 on this.

Posted Jul 29, 2019
    dylanhky likes this.