• 1102 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3186 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Just a Suggestion.

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by UnrivaledCcz, Apr 17, 2019.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes!!!!

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. No!!!!

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  1. In Bedwars alot of the time off spawn I see people immediatly building to me and boom my cake is gone and I cannot do anything. So I was wondering if you guys could add like a grace period? Something to protect you from full teams pushing your cake all at once straight at the beginning.

-UnrivaledCCz

Posted Apr 17, 2019
  2. Something like this has been suggested before. It has gotten a lot of positive reviews and I'm one of the supporters. I only support this due to hackers with high jump eating a cake in the first 30 seconds of the game.

Posted Apr 17, 2019
    ClqssyOwl and UnrivaledCcz like this.
  3. I'm glad somebody had already made a post about this. Thank You For Informing me.

-UnrivaledCCz

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 17, 2019
  4. Hey there!

I've experienced this a lot in Cakewars too; it is extremely frustrating, isn't it? As @Jaekub already stated, a post about this idea had already garnered a lot of support, so this might not be that far off in the future!

Thanks for the post!

Posted Apr 17, 2019
  5. It was on this thread, and got positive feedback, which I support so I support this too! Only problem is with the Starving achievement, but could still be achievable just a bit harder if pushed back 30 secs.

Posted Apr 17, 2019
    doeo likes this.
  6. I wouldn't mind this being implemented but Cake Wars is about strategy, and whether that means having one person collect all the bricks to quickly get endstone on the defensive, or having your whole team rush around the map to quickly eliminate teams before late game tactics come into play like team upgrades and obsidian on offense. I have played on both sides, and adding this grace period would kill some teams' plan. Though adding this would encourage being egirls and smothering your cake with obsidian...

Posted Apr 17, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.
  7. As stated above, I think this would ruin a portion of players play style. People play different, and if this was implemented it would favor a certain play style, which could then make the game boring to others who favor rushing. I could see a 60 sec grace period on your cake to prevent fly hackers etc.. but that's about it.

Posted Apr 17, 2019
  8. Are you implying that I'm an e-girl? Check my profile.
    --- Post updated ---
    60 seconds would make it impossible to get the starving achievement.

Posted Apr 17, 2019
  9. I completely agree with this, but maybe regions of the map are marked to not have grace periods such as middle.

Posted Apr 17, 2019
  10. Am I? what on your profile says that you like to cover your cake with obsidian and are incapable of using a kit other than frosting?

Posted Apr 17, 2019
    oeod likes this.
  11. But there are things you can do. Use the archer kit so you can shoot them down before they reach your cake. Or buy and iron sword and some armor so you can fight off the attackers before they eat your cake.

Posted Apr 18, 2019
  12. This eliminates the playing style. Plus it would actually better to not have one because you can rush [email protected] and glitch abusers to prevent them from winning the game.

So I say -1000000000000000
    --- Post updated ---
    Also considering that this is for the bedrock version, dupers could do anything in 30 seconds so there’s no point of this. It only makes them stronger if anything. Until that’s resolved this should definitely not be added.

Posted Apr 18, 2019
  13. It’s hard to rush hackers when flyers or bunnyhoppers go to your cake immediately and kill you and end the game in less than 5 mins. They don’t allow you time to rush or get wool or protect your cake.

Posted Apr 18, 2019
  14. And what benefits does the grace period give?
    --- Post updated ---
    It’s a hacker after all, plus there’s something called duplicators on bedrock.

Posted Apr 18, 2019
  15. The benefits are that hackers can't immediately eat your cake without any chance for you to protect it. with 10 secs grace you have enough time to cover your cake in wool, but not too much time that it ruins playing.

Posted Apr 18, 2019
    oeod likes this.
  16. You are all speaking from java’s Point of view. This litterly gives duplicators a free win. The anti cheat is actually getting quite reliable on the bedrock server. But obviously it can’t stop glitch abusers.

Posted Apr 18, 2019
  17. Maybe it could just be implemented on Java and not bedrock? I don't play bedrock so I wouldn't know.

Posted Apr 18, 2019
  18. Flyers and bunny hoppers are very rare on Bedrock from what I've seen.

Posted Apr 18, 2019
  19. In that case, for Bedrock I don’t see a point. But if it was added in Java, that would be better.

Posted Apr 18, 2019
  20. Bedrock is also way harder to modify the game, but I don't think adding a grace period would change gameplay too much, like everyone else said this has a lot of support so it'll probably be implemented, so I don't see the harm in adding it to both

Posted Apr 18, 2019