• 1786 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10224 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Just some things

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Benfelz, Sep 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1: Possibly a way to integrate old post numbers and likes? Just to show who has been here for a while (@JoePCool14).

2: A dislike button (since non constructive criticism is allowed now. Will make for a lot less clutter if they were to be compressed into dislikes).

3: Hot threads section

4: Make threads for games appear under newest posts.

Posted Sep 13, 2018
    JoePCool14 likes this.
  2. For 1. It's impossible to get these stats from Enjin, we already asked them.

Posted Sep 13, 2018
    Wanderer and Benfelz like this.
  3. 1. As nice as it would be to integrate the old post counts and likes, I highly doubt that's going to happen. Enjin unfortunately doesn't even have a way for sites to export their data, which is frankly quite ridiculous, and obviously it would be much too tedious to manually bring over everyone's old stats. I suppose one could add them to their signature if they cared enough...

2. I very much agree. But, I think there should be restrictions on it, such as a limit to the number of uses per day. Or maybe you have to have received a certain number of likes before you can use it.

3. Yes please, if Xenforo supports "hot threads".

4. I'm surprised this wasn't already implemented. I agree with this too, since sections that don't show up on the Latest Posts feed don't get much popularity whatsoever.

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  4. 1 - no comment since it's not happening
    2 - Going with no on this. I don't want people to just spam this and be a troll with it, plus it would just discourage discussion. People would just -1 a thread and not say why.
    3 - Would be nice to have back
    4 - Iffy on this. It would make the "latest" threads section more spammy and filled with not-so-important threads. I get that they don't get enough attention, but if they need attention they should probably be in a different section.

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  5. Maybe there could be a separate module underneath the regular New Posts one specifically for those sections?

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  6. Would be a better idea

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  7. That is a big rip
    --- Post updated ---
    Replies are in bold. Also, since I cant edit my OP post, my 5th suggestion is to let us do that.

6th suggestion is a possible night mode?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 13, 2018
  8. Update for #2, #3, #4 and the night mode.

2: A dislike button will not be added. Our Admin team does not want it and it will add an extra level of negativity to the forums, which we don't want.
    3: I'll be making a specific thread for this due to this one being so old and I'd love to just see a thread focused on that.
    4: Should be a thing now.
    Night mode: We'll be adding it after we push out some other things first. So this is planned, but just not right now.

We'll be locking this and marking it as processed Message me with questions or concerns.

Posted Aug 7, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.