• 3048 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11486 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Kit PVP

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Questionaire, Jul 6, 2019.

Tags:
?

Would you like to see kit pvp?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  2. Possibly if they can do it right

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. Introduction

Hey there, you all know what KitPVP is, and have all probably tried it at some point. But what if it was brought to Mineplex?

Map and Server Size

I think the map should be 200x200, or 300x300 and consist of relatively flat terrain. The server size should be anywhere from 50-75 players, to avoid over population. The map shouldn't be anything flashy just a good PvP map.

Combat

I think combat should be vanilla knockback, and should basically feel like castle assault. Soups would be instant 1.5 hearts, and you would have 3 hotbars of them. I think kill streaks should enable powerups such as strength when you get 30 kills in a row, and speed when you hit 10 kills in a row. Also, maybe when you get a one hundred kill streak, you can get a permanent upgrade, such as permanent protection or sharpness. Your default kit should be full iron, and a iron sword.

Progression system

I think a progression system could be amazing, but it would have to be done perfectly. If you have people with full diamond, then they probably are really good as well. The progression system should involve unlocking unique kits, not upgrading armor. I say it should be a level system, with a 100 level max. Say you have the default kit as soon as you begin, and when you hit level three you get a new kit. Say that kit could be anything from a full leather kit with a diamond sword, to a full diamond kit with a wood sword. A great deal of effort should be put into balancing the kits. It should just come down to personal preference, not the "meta".

Conclusion

All in all, I personally think KitPVP could be a great addition, but it would have to be done right to work, and maybe my way isn't the right way. So please reply with your suggestions opinions, even what you think would be a cool kit. If you don't like something, please tell me why, or say how you think it could be fixed.

And as always, have a good day!
    IcyBears

Posted Jul 6, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  2. It's a nice idea, and I would love to see Mineplex have their own KitPvP but I think this has been denied in the past as it was decided that Champions is basically the servers take on the game.

If such a game was added, teaming of any variety should be bannable as you could just farm kills or become unbeatable with all the killstreak rewards / upgrades. Since it's would be a neverending scenario [similar to clans] it could also be easy for players to come on alts to level up their killstreak and level itself, especially during hours when staff aren't as active.

Posted Jul 6, 2019
  3. I'd love to see kitpvp on Mineplex. Whenever I'd like to play, I'd have to join these unbalanced servers where the default kit gets full leather with a wooden sword and people pay to get full iron with a diamond sword. I hate playing on those pay-to-win servers and it's honestly annoying! I'd love to be able to do kitpvp on a server where it would be fair.

Posted Jul 6, 2019
  4. Kit PvP will attract new audiences to Mineplex because the server has stuck with 2015 forms (rods, OP weapons and armour). Watchdog server has a kit PvP game mode and they keep updating, so their players never lose interest in the server. I feel that the PvP community has swayed away from Mineplex due to the loss of evolution and renewing of those game modes while Watchdog server has kept theirs.

There should be different sizes and contours for every map. It can greatly affect how players PvP and having just one combination of those seems dull.

Directly granting offensive advantages after kills seems kind of broken, as it is not fun being killed by the same player over and over again. Some other kits I can think of off the top of my head are diamond (diamond sword and armour with soup), gapple (2 sets of diamond armour and the rest being enchanted golden apples and diamond sword), potions (10 speed potions and the rest splash heal 2s, diamond sword, and diamond armour), archer (leather armour and bow and the rest arrows), UHC (2 lava and water buckets, 3 full stacks of wood, diamond sword, diamond armour, bow and 1 full stack of arrows, and fishing rod). They should all have separate arenas for each respective kit. There ae some kits that are blatantly more powerful than others (ie. diamond is better than iron and UHC is better than diamond).

Just consider the changes I suggested above.

+0.5

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Jul 6, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 7, 2019
    xNibs likes this.
  5. My solution for this would to be a thing called ( I am making this name up on the spot so don't judge me) duel mode. Basically whenever you hit someone, you can't be hit by other players or hit other players until someone dies, or can stand still for 10 seconds. When you kill the other person, you stay in duel mode for 3-5 seconds to organize your inventory or get safe. The kill streaks are meant to be hard to get, and most people won't be able to get a 100 kill streak. By 100 kill streak I mean getting 100 kills without dying, or leaving the battlefield/game. It's meant as an incentive to try your best.

Thanks for your input! My idea for kits, is that if you have less gear, you do more damage/are more mobile, or a mixture of both. If you have full diamond, and do a decent amount of damage, maybe say you have limited jumps or jump cooldown or maybe even slowness.

I'm hoping that KitPVP will attract both new and old audiences, while still maintaining it's current one. I really hope that if the game is brought in, that there is no pay-2-win aspect whatsoever. I want elaborate kits that are still easy to learn and have a good play style.

Well what I was thinking, is that every three months or so (depends on how long it takes to build) a new map is brought in, with a similar feel yet drastically different look. I don't think there should be multiple maps at one time, as this can affect server sustainability if people like one better than the other.

Directly granting advantages could be overpowered, but maybe they could incorporate a system like the game evolution. An example being: you hold shift for five seconds, you become invulnerable with a force field around you so you can't get "ganked," then a menu pops up and you select a effect, or permanent enchant if you get a one hundred kill streak. Also, as I said above, kits are supposed to be elaborate, not simple, but easy to learn. I'm thinking kits like a wolf, with iron armor, a stone sword, and maybe with maybe a pounce ability. There could be a kit called frog, who can double jump, with leather armor, but a sword with a poison effect. I don't think there should be gapples, as they can be chugged in stacks. but maybe soup, which can be spammed yet you have to refill your hotbar. I also don't think rods should be involved, unless its a kit with a grapple hook/basically road hog hook, because it just makes fights too long.

Thanks for your suggestions and I hope I addressed them all.

Have a good day!
    IcyBears

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 6, 2019
  6. Heyo!
    Although the idea is interesting, I feel like if this were to be added, a great amount of customization would have to be added for it to differ from other servers. Kit PvP is a classic game mode that many servers rely on as their one and only mode to play on. In order to differ Mineplex's version to persuade players to actually enjoy this game, they would need completely new additions or ideas added to make it different than every other server (and there are lots). In addition, as stated above, champions is a similar game mode, but with many new twists and layout preferences allowing users to enjoy it for being unique. Therefore, unless there are major changes or improvements, I do not believe this idea is suitable for Mineplex.

Posted Jul 10, 2019
    Yesnobody and Wrappingz like this.